Mech video games

Why is the genre so unpopular?

Attached: 1-cheating11.jpg (640x480, 40.35K)

Because Xenogears sucked so much ass that the only mech games which can "thrive" are SRW.

Well?

Attached: Choose.jpg (1920x1080, 359.51K)

I had an idea where 2 east and west mech pilots end up stranded out somewhere and have to rebuild a robot from their composite parts and work together.

Estrogen in the food and water.

I like a nice balance

Attached: tenor.gif (220x231, 318.27K)

From Software will save us and mechs will be mainstream like Souls

Attached: 99133718_p0.jpg (2480x3508, 934.97K)

I hope not.
I want AC6 to filter as many normies as possible, I want them to buy the game, to pretend they like it, and then fuck off.

Because it is just either a humanoid killbot with the scaled down scenery and a gun/sword. Or an autistic pseudosim bullshit which tries to hard to be Microsoft Flight Simulator but with a fantasy robot.
Granted, there are actually not many fun action games to begin with. Or even fun games for that matter. So it is most likely an issue. Just how fun racing games died and only shitty sims and social arcades like Forza remain.

Lmao, not possible with the modern FS. It might be the new Ace Combat 7 situation though. Or Yakuza 0.

>Yakuza 0
shit sux

but the rifleman is a licensed macross defender
dumb westard

Both are cool

normalfag repellent

there will never be another armored core game again. they all sold like dogshit.

We need more mech games.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-27 124739.png (503x903, 535.34K)

best mech game that will never get a sequel because sandlot is obsessed with edf

Attached: rad.jpg (560x440, 47.29K)

Both are cool, all mechs are cool

I wish we could get this in Armored Core

Jet/Tank/Other transformations from a few parts would be really cool

I want a new hawken or phantom crash. Anything like that out there?

Genre is fine. Just needs quality behind it. Battletech for example sold just fine and it holds up upon multiple play throughs. Mechwarrior games, despite being the same IP, don't feel nearly as fun. They're fine, but often that's all they are. Take for example. AC4 and 4A fucked the combat into oblivion and took away a lot of the interesting mission types we had in earlier ACs. It drove away fans and AC5 sold like garbage as a result (among other things frankly the whole thing was a mess). The older games had the benefit of having you go through tunnels, into decaying ships, into lab facilities and felt like every mission was distinct. 4A had some interesting missions like fighting mobile bases, but overall the missions felt very forgettable. Washed out pallettes, far away enemies with no identifiable features. It lost a ton of charm. This genre may be niche but it can survive just fine if it produces half way good games.

My goals are beyond your comprehension.

Attached: Spider-Man_and_Zoids_(no._49_-_comic_book_cover).jpg (273x365, 40.76K)

I want a mech game without anime filth in it. Is that so hard to ask?

>people tell me that Xenogears/Saga/Blade are good mech games
>try them out
>OMG AM I KAWAII UGUU PLEASE TOUCHU MY BREASTS PROTAG-KUN
>throw them instantly in the garbage

I am so sick of mechs being used as window dressing and nothing more, just so the pretentious hacks can put in their teenage waifus and drama.

Attached: 9f9.jpg (600x598, 45.76K)

Attached: 1643475470879.jpg (1024x756, 102.6K)

If Im looking for something thats less like being a power ranger and more like driving a tank in arma, what series should I try?

West for me. Looks cooler and like it could actually possibly be made in reality. It isn't always full of anime like the east mechs are either. I don't hate anime but I don't really care for it either. Most of it comes off way too cringe worthy for me to enjoy. East style mechs could look cool at times but then it might have some 10 year old japanese girl piloting it with shitty humor and story for incels and then I'm just completely tuned out fuck that shit.

My ideal mech game:
>build your own mech
>heavy western style walker mechs
>you can also make mechs with treads such as tank mechs
>spider mechs
>all sorts of weapon variety including even melee weapons
>very powerful, takes a lot to destroy them
>you get allies that fight by your side including other mechs, choppers, tanks, infantry, etc, same for enemies
>two factions, you can pick your side even
>tons of missions, huge levels
>game got the most god tier destructible environments you have seen in a game

Truth is though I rarely played or indulged in much mecha entertainment. Its a concept I want to love so badly but they are hard to get into if you are new to the genre.

I'ma be honest with you

Both look dumb

Attached: 1647238733121.gif (450x450, 2.99M)

I wish Muv Luv wasnt horny

Mechwarrior is the obvious answer I think but Steel Batallion is more in line what you'd want but thats a fucking bitch to get it working

Attached: dreamvidya.jpg (1388x2208, 1.76M)

Chromehounds... Prob no way to play it now though. How good is that unofficial remake? M.A.V?

Gundam Evolution should be out in August IIRC. Free to play as well

Had a lot of fun in the beta

Attached: 1649745684647.png (1950x976, 2.41M)

Neat, thanks boys

Why is there this mental disconnect where people will reflexively call mecha lame, despite not treating any other equally ridiculous genres the same way? It almost strikes me as some kind of mental illness how they don't even think about why, normalfags just HAVE to hate mecha but can't explain why, or justify why they'll like other shit like Attack on Titan that's mecha with the serial numbers filed off.

Attached: 1652804679311.jpg (750x715, 58K)

Oh fuck off AC4 and FA are fucking amazing

>I wish Muv Luv wasnt horny
Why?
It's barely more "horny" than anything else really.
Ah nvm you're furrynigger

Seems pretty sweet. Thanks!