Why did gamers accept micro transactions over time?

Why did gamers accept micro transactions over time?

Attached: D8053B6B-F996-42D0-9ADE-8C95400C4BF9.jpg (700x545, 91.35K)

years of astroturfing by paid marketers breaking peoples standards down

gamers live in a society

*creamapis your game*

Because more and more of them have been born since then and gotten into gaming as little children with no memory of anything else. When you're born into a world where every game targeted at you pushes expensive microtransactions that your non-gamer parents all pay for anyway, you have absolutely zero concept that it's the scourge of all gaming and didn't used to be a thing.

>poor impulse control
>cope by saying it's actually a really good practice and you're not a sucker

Its most likely because that while the whole concept of cosmetic DLC is pretty stupid its mostly harmless. Its not gating gameplay behind a paywall or giving an unfair advantage. If someone thinks its stupid they just dont buy it and nobody is hurt. The only real issue is when its predatory DLC where it actively punishes you for not having bought it in some way.

fpbp
the 2010s were basically a decade long psyop, finely tuning to see what people would and wouldn't accept

What's that top pic from? It looks like shit.

people were larped into larping as consumerist niggers until they see no wrong in doing these things.

Microtransactions are fine if they're a form of monetizing Free2Play games.
Microtransactions on games you bought are unnaceptable. If a priced game has paid season passes, don't support it.

Attached: 1656135444614.png (600x600, 272.47K)

Noooo my heckin hardworkin devs deserve the dollarinos buy a season pass now!! They need to monetise, what do you mean it doesn't go to their wages noooo!!!
It's the pirates fault!!

Not my fault.
I didn't buy whatever that shitty ass game from 2006 is.

Retards that buy microtransactions now would also have bought them back then, you just say that because they didn't exist back then for anyone to accept them.

Attached: 1646677189187.jpg (566x318, 27.22K)

because a good amount of these games with microtransactions are F2P.

Whenever something is implemented, the true reality is that it's not for YOU, it's to acclimate the little faggots that come afterward. Epic knows this, which is why they are handing out a bunch of free shit. Kids now who want to Fortnite HAVE to use the Epic game store, they get their free games to go with it, and by the time they grow into their young adult years, they have more brand loyalty to Epic than they do with Steam.

I don't mind what monster hunter does because it's always gay stuff like emotes and you always get the classic emotes for free in the game.
Not to mention, all the coolest armors are gained or earned through events anyways.

Attached: 582010_20220722205602_5.png (1134x1440, 2.31M)

Normieniggers that will say shit about inflation, how games are harder and more expensive to make, then of course them wanting to flex useless shit just like they do irl

Something neuropsychologists and social marketers have figured out is you can brainwash basically an entire nation if you just make a constant dripping of crazy shit to get people adjusted to it. They did it with microtransactions by starting with cosmetics -> day one dlc to cuck used copies -> season passes and so on. They also did it with LGBT by pushing lesbians as "hot" and then putting them in children's shows then making gay dads...

That's why centrists should be fucking shot by the way. They're the ones that make this so successful.

God, it sure smells like summertime newfags in here

Why should I care about skins that don't affect gameplay at all? I'm not a feminine sissy boy.

Attached: 1652749360778.png (1106x1012, 557.89K)

Guess the brainwashing worked.

Why? Because on average people have memory of a goldfish. They just keep forgetting stuff. Room temperature IQ doesn't help them either.

And it's not just about games.

Why should I care about skins that don't affect gameplay at all? I'm not a feminine sissy boy.

Attached: 1652749360778.png (973x891, 457.74K)

I like feminine sissy boys, they are cute.

>why would I care about my appearance
>I'm a MAN
>MEN are supposed to not care
>we we're born to work and serve women
>wtf why am I depressed omg aaaahhhh how could this happen to meeeeee

Awww does the sissy feminine boy care about his appearance in online games? How cute.

All good looking people care about the appearance. Do you really believe that chads look like chads without doing anything? They just fap inside 4 walls to anime girls and their bodies turn into good looking lol