This is why fighting games will never have mainstream success

This is why fighting games will never have mainstream success.

Attached: 1658913313866839.png (680x758, 198.6K)

Git gud

and thats a good thing

No.

I'll just play something that I can instantly, intuitively play. I won't git gud, your genre should git gud.

>FUnDamEnTaLs ArE BeTter thAn ComBoS

Then you must be weak

>will never have mainstream success
Good...?

Because believe it or not, 99% of people play video games to have fun. Learning combos is definitely not most peoples (or mine) definition of fun.

Your genre is weak which is why it's dead and irrelevant.

Go back to twitter retard.

You probably suck at the genres you do play and you don’t realize it

The thing that confuses me the most is why the FUCK are the menu buttons the actions instead of respective keys. I don't have a fightstick and I wanna get used to fighter basics and I've never played your game how was I supposed to know that F or Triangle is HK

iunno why people get so triggered at stuff like OPs pic. Combos and motion inputs are a barrier to entry whether you like it or not

Inputs are fine but remembering and executing combos that you have to practice hours per day because some games are strict af with the execution is not fun at all

just play Among Us arena

>never saw any of that shit because online Naoto just run up DP or kaid

oh nooooo

>practice hours per day
The number of games with combos like this are already small, and chances are if a combo is THAT difficult, then it's not a character's bread n butter option. This is just ignorance on your part.

I like doing combos but requiring them for execution is another story. to use DBFZ as an example it takes me at least 10 or 15 minutes to learn a new combo for a character and that's just to be able to do the combo once. After that I have to practice being able to do it consistently and that takes a lot of time.

It's not even that learning the combos were difficult, it's just that it's a lot more effort to start actually playing a game vs something like smash bros where you can choose almost any character and just hop right into quick play

>nooo fighting games will never be as popular as normie shit where you hold forward on the stick for 20 hours and mash the same 2 buttons
Good. I don't want to interact with weak willed retards who just want cookie clicker with extra steps and they don't want to interact with me. Everyone wins.

REMINDER:
Input buffering and shortcuts are a thing
Blocking is also a thing

Your fault for picking one of the hardest characters to play in Blazblue

>i'll just play something that lets me win regardless of how dogshit I play
Why not just watch movies at that point?

>Meme shitty Smash clone is free so retards like this are coming out of the woodwork to shitpost

Sorry friend. You are objectively just bad at any game that demands any degree of learning. The ironic part is you aren't instantly/intuitively playing Multiverse either. Its just there are so many of you pathetic shitters on that game you will likely never be forced to confront how bad you. But hey atleast you can hide from those big scary dp inputs.

Also
>Citing Naoto as if hes not one of thee hardest BB characters and with good reason
Atleast half the cast of BBCF2 is not hard to play or do decent BnBs with. This is like pretending Gen was the norm for SF4.

Why are the fundamentals always "spam this move to poke because it has better reach and beneficial hitboxes"

They're not, you just don't understand what is meant by fundamentals.

Fighting game fans are in a strange place, where they want people to play their games, but refuse to acknowledge that the genre in general is unfun, and near incomprehensible for a new comer, and then they get mad at you when you point it out.
It's not even that people don't want to lose, which is always the strawman, it's that people don't even understand how to play, or what it was they did that made them lose.

They are a barrier that makes sense.
>Combos
Certain things to even be allowed to combo off of need to be hard/space specific or confirm specific. Its a form of balancing tools which is why not everyone can combo into sweep in SF games and some need counter hit just to do it
>Motion inputs
1 button dps would need to be completely rebalanced especially if it had different versions available to it. You'd be able to use 3-4f start up dps on reaction to most heavy pokes otherwise. Same with spds that aren't slow wouldn't be allowed to have the oki/speed they usually do. The input buffer for supers/dps/spds as an example exist so people need to buffer them in neutral as tools so other tools are even viable.

Wonder why you see Hitman all day in DNF? Because at 20% life he has a 1 button invincible dp that is already like that but then turns into a 80% confirm. So top that off with it being 1 button and he can just react to half your options or all of them.

>here's your BnB bro

Attached: file.png (153x41, 1.43K)

Poking in fighting games is a fundamental. Some characters can just confirm the poke to full combo which is cancerous but there are alot of pokes that cannot really be confirmed but are used to space your opponent and get them into the range/situation to actually land something you can confirm.

Stop being a reductionist retard and wording something in the worst possible way because you got filtered and Betaverse has enough shitters for you to take some games.

Fighting games made after 2007 are not fun

Attached: 1658775238487341.jpg (880x1315, 740.89K)

Mehhh honners gone hone. Just accept these games are limited to people who want to put in the 20k hours to get that 70hit combo in a tourney.