More and more outlets are reporting on Sony buying out Square Enix, looks like this is really gonna happen

More and more outlets are reporting on Sony buying out Square Enix, looks like this is really gonna happen

xfire.com/square-enix-preparing-for-sony-acquisition/

Attached: Sony-Buying-Square.jpg (800x418, 32.92K)

Honestly, it's really over for Microsoft if that happens, how do you even compete against something like that?

they were never competing, microsoft doesnt even care about xbox lol

Bump
tendies need to see this and seethe

Doesn't feel like Square ever had a presence on Xbox to begin with, even if most FF games are actually on it.
And shit like Tomb Raider, Deus Ex etc. doesn't matter now Square has sold it off.

they are all reporting on the same quote from the gamesbiz interview

and that quote says nothing new, it's the same vague rumours everyone else has heard

So they can port all their games on PC?

Who the fuck cares?

Every time Sony buys a studio, they rename them to
>Studio _____________
and close them after few years. Of course, there are few exceptions, but...
I mean, just look at what they did to fucking Psygnosis. When Sony bought them and renamed them to Studio Liverpool, ex-Psygnosis made only 2 games: F1 and Wipeout. That was it. Only F1 and Wipeout games. I'm not saying the other games were terrible - there were no other games!

While this may sound great for JRPG fans who prefer PS as their platform, as it will ''guarantee'' that all games are coming to PS4/5, you need to take into consideration that Sony might stick their fingers into development and decide which games should come out and which are not worth investing in. Meaning, all games/series that are sold less than 10 mil would be murdered on the spot.

yay more buyouts

I'm getting tired of Microsoft buying everything and people loving monopolies

They would still release games on PC and some Switch stuff so it wouldn’t really matter.
But sure give Square the Decima engine/whatever Ghost of Tsushima runs on and tell them to use that instead of Unreal and it would be worth it.

xfire..? yeah sure dude.

They have no choice now. If MS buys ea or ubisoft (and they will) it's over for sony in the hardware business

>Square Enix and Capcom
God damn it feels good

i will only miss dragon quest

>it's over for sony in the hardware business
Why?

But isn't Square Enix worth more than Playstation?

They have Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Nier etc.

Playstation has uh...

Attached: image_2022-07-27_162126163.png (765x430, 281.96K)

As scummy as Square Enix is, it would mean the death of it, modern woke Sony Playstation hates japan, and they would only care about mainline FF.

Doesn't make sense to me. Square Enix is a pretty massive conglomerate with more holdings than just video game studios. They produce music. They published Fullmetal Alchemist, for fuck sake. Would Sony really be willing to buy out ALL of that? Square already gives them timed exclusives, too. Why buy the cow when the milk is free?

fuck this gay earth

I hate everything. Squenix is the last source of super hot waifus. Sony will turn them all into fat niggers.

Because one day MS is going to make everything they own exclusive. It absolutely will happen. If you can't get COD, Assassin's creed, FIFA, madden, apex legends, rainbow six, etc on PS5 then people will stop buying playstations

The fuck you talking about? Microsoft owns CoD & Minecraft, they could literally deliver a blow that Sony has no way of recovering simply by gatekeeping those lol

No more Dragon Quest.

Yes because Sony has been quietly consolidating their hold on the international anime market and having Square anime IPs and manga publishing fits into that

No Squeenix isn't even worth 10 billion.

Based

For me is Forspoken.

>More and more outlets are reporting on Sony buying out Square Enix
its just the same source being re-reported.

>But isn't Square Enix worth more than Playstation?
dumb animetranny poster

SE has produced something like 5 good games in a decade, syphoned the funds of ffxiv for shit like the Avengers.
Only the Asano team has been good enough.
>Octopath
>Dragon Quest builders 1
>Triangle Strategy
>arguably bravely default 2
What else? Nier Automata is overrated and was accidental.
FF7 remake?

That's just how it is. The company doesn't want to do JRPGs anymore and when they do it's only to cash on nostalgia.
Sony is just buying a vague nostalgic vibe they will run to the ground

Attached: FW7WVDeUYAA0sRk.jpg (750x750, 358.1K)

how the FUCK is xfire even still around..?