Do you ever write down ideas for gameplay or stories?

do you ever write down ideas for gameplay or stories?
i sometimes spend an hour or more writing really bad fanfic and bust a nut by the end at the sick shit i came up with

Attached: 20220720152933_1.jpg (1200x630, 253.25K)

I want to make an RPG maker game. What's the best version of RPG maker to use these days?

I used to draw, write and prototype tons of shit as a kid and teenager. Still got entire notebooks full of that stuff.

Really depends what you want to achieve.
I got a soft-spot for the good ol' RPGM 2k3 for its simple design and 16-bit FF style ATB battle system, but it might be "too limited" for some modern code-fags.

For those people, or if you wanna make HTML5 or mobile shit, the MV is the good enough, cheaper option, while MZ is the more jam-packed but a bit rough-around-edges latest variant.
Never get 'em for full price though. I see they're on sale on Steam at the moment, but you may get them for even cheaper via Humble Bundle etc.

Attached: SH RPG alpha1.jpg (1920x1076, 544.71K)

Any reason why I can't just pirate them?

I'm developing game that's sandbox with NPC depth and reaction of dwarf fortress rendered in "stand in" 3D models.

I don't consider myself to be a story writer unfortunately.

One of elements im working on is an NPC reaction and memory system. Also a way to "play out" the memory of an NPC by essentially replaying its memory file to play out its life.

Gameplay, yes. I've had ideas come to me in dreams that I've later tinkered with and some that I made into a full game. You never know when something that seems stupid now might mesh well with something later.

>rpgmaker
>still not free
I still don't understand how can they justify that price when better free AAA alternatives exist.

Only ntr scenarios I like.

Besides prolly getting into trouble if you publish your games commercially, nah.

>better free AAA alternatives exist.
Such as ?

I've got an idea for a game that would be too complicated for RPG Maker and I'm too retarded to figure out Godot

You might wanna check out the Multimedia Fusion 2 / Clickteam Fusion. They're the more recent versions of the good ol' "Games Factory", which itself was more advanced version of the ancient "Klik & Play" game maker app.

Game development doesn't get any simpler than that, and you can do some pretty impressive (2D) games with them. AFAIK, at least Five Nights At Freddy's was made with CTF.

Attached: MMF mario maker clone.jpg (1280x720, 156.38K)

I only have this to make five nights at fuckboys games.

>Such as ?
weak bait
>Unity, UE, Godot, even Microsoft Codemaker for babies

Just pirate then if you actually have some concrete work done, buy the official version and transfer your work over.

Sans Godoth, none of those are truly free.
None of them come with as high quality asset packs as RPGM either, and none of them are as easy to use as RPGM.

Literally different tools for totally different target audiences.

>get coupon for MV at 35% off on humble bundle
>steam already gives a discount at 40% off
Holyshit what a fucking scam

>none of those are truly free.
Doesn't matter, all of them are accessible for free and of better quality.

>target audience
This is not 2006. All of the above have visual scripting now, except Godot which is working on it as we speak.

Thank you for admitting you understand jack shit about what you're talking about.

General Purpose game engines provide you jack shit, and expect you to build your game-logic and functionalities yourself, while also providing the assets. These make them several steps more advanced and thus challenging than the specialized, genre / style-specific, noobie friendly game creator solutions, that are meant to provide instant results, not something playable after a week or two of high-level tweaking.

>visual scripting
Come in many shapes and forms.
Too many of the "AAA" solutions you listed simply translate "real" coding languages like Java or C# into visual form. While this may help visual-minded people (like me) to grasp the logic behind their spaghetti, it is indeed too low-level for many people who just want to throw in pre-determined GAME rules (ie. "if HIT by a BULLET -> reduce HEALTH").

The closest thing the big engines got to this are Unity's PlayMaker and GameCreator assets, that cost money. More money than a single RPGM or ClickTeam app costs, espec. during sales. And even then you need to jump through several time-consuming hoops to not only make the full use of said code-assets, but also to provide rest of the visual stuff and make it all work.

They're all in my head.

Attached: gigachad esoteric schizo shit.jpg (680x680, 120.92K)

I have concepts for vidya that Ill only unleash when I have enough money to buy a team of code monkeys and artists to make perfection
as long as im poor youll never get amazing games made with fun in mind

No. I grew up and become jaded, convinced that no ideas are truly unique and that everything I'd attempt would be a derivative of something else. I used to enjoy writing but stopped because it's far too difficult to write something actually unique that isn't a trope or having the accusation of subverting expectations.

Never lose the spark of creativity, anons. You'll regret it forever.

>General Purpose game engines provide you jack shit
And the most amusing part is that you're pretending to be knowledgeable about the topic. Thanks for showing me that you've just been a huge waste of time.
Then again, it makes sense. You're definitely a Gamemaker retard if you seriously make claims like Unity or UE """providing jack shit""" when it comes to game development.

I never right any of my autistic fantasies down. It's what separates me from Chris-Chan.

I've written down plenty of concepts, characters, gameplay ideas and whatnot.

I have several pages of planning in .doc format but I'm stuck at learning how to draw. I will actually touch the engine once I finished learning drawing. Probably never.

how does wolf RPG compare?

I am learning to draw and want to make my own coom games

yeah I'm starting to save my kino scene ideas

Is there any way to legit pirate rpg maker and its dlc assets? I swear the last time I tried I only found weird 5kb .exe shig that was totally "legit"