Woah…really makes me think

Woah…really makes me think

Attached: 10118627-B915-44C2-914B-4F05FBF6A713.jpg (1284x872, 494.94K)

I'm glad Yakub could do the thinking for me and really break down the complexities of the Zelda series, remember to donate to his Patreon y'all!

>every video essay is the most long winded video made for patreonbux, trannies, and adrev

I know this is a shill thread but it is worth the watch? I enjoy zelda lore but don't fully understand the timeline

>DOES THIS GAME HAVE AN IMPLIED DEATH?!!?
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOAH THAT'S SO HECKIN DARK AGES 13 AND UP

video game essays are never worth a watch, so no. the timeline isn't complicated at all, just google a map of it. there's only a few branches.

>wow guys, look at me, I'm your youtube overlord
>time for a fresh injection of my opinion into your eyeballs
>be sure to like rate favorite comment and subscribe
>easily digestible content that highlights the obvious
>but listen to my somber and serious voice! it means I'm really quite passionate about the material in question!
>now gibs monies so I don't have to get a real job
Yeah, I watched this trash. It's a waste of time. I fucking hate youtube.

>zelda
>timeline
people like you are why these videos exist, so yes go waste those hours of your life and watch it

Attached: 91330825_p0_master1200.jpg (960x960, 566.19K)

*is the best zelda game in your path*

Attached: 1657072320780.png (600x900, 486.76K)

i only enjoyed the twilight princess segment, it's really good
once the breath of the wild part started i shut that shit down

You and waste time on this website, calm down.

>ages
Good, but Seasons is better and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

here you go, kiddo

Attached: index.png (1200x1600, 2.92M)

>anime poster
>wasting life
oh the irony

>I enjoy zelda lore

Attached: 1656820457686.png (331x320, 195.96K)

This idiot is such an obvious lefty when you watch his shit.
>is MM's about climate change
No literally no one thinks that you fuck. I have listened to MM's theories for years and never heard that theory you would only think that if youve been raised in the zoomer zeitgeist where you think the climate is one tree chop away from collapsing.

>enjoy the lore
Don't do that. Enjoying it is dumb because it's all loosely tied together with vague symbolism. Just take it for what it is. A hero saves the princess, the kingdom, and the world from evil. Everything else is minutia to give the story ambiance and something pretty to look at.

anything that makes MMfags seethe about their OoT table scraps

Before Nintendo released this who honestly thought there was a timeline to the series?

The whole point of a Legend is that its a story told where details of the story change based on culture, time. etc. Its so obvious especially in the hero defeated timeline that they tried to mash these games together into a coherent story where its not necessary.

Why are people so desperate to claim that a game series for kids is dark and “adult”.

Are they so insecure that they can’t just admit they like a kid’s series?

Zelda as a series has always been a childrens game that handles very adult subject matter at times its what makes Zelda so accessable to both. Its one of the points in the guys video one of the things hes not wrong about.

>The Silent Sadness of Mario Galaxy
>The Subtle Melancholy of The Wind Waker
>he bitter comfort of Majora's Mask
Why are Tendies such fags?

there's kids fiction that does have darker undertones to it that kids miss.

and then there's the guy who thinks that because he figured out that fairy tales are a reflection of real life events and used as lessons to teach children to not die doing stupid shit that he has to use his useless college degree and compartmentalize and analyze everything into easily digestible cubes

they are inherently insecure because they base their lives around piddily little children's games, so they have to push hard for them to actually be matoor and profound

originally there was a timeline to the series, a pretty unimportant one but it was Nintendo who originated the idea

>source: My ass

Not a single person in this thread has actually watched the video so don't expect any real answers

The Legend of Zelda I and The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link are definitely in a sequence. After these two the "timeline" was pretty inconsequential. Just make a fun adventure game with puzzles, bosses, and keep the story similar. Keep the brand.

if the video is used to shitpost on Any Forums its probably not worth watching

im so sick of this americans are so fucking infantilized

Tetra is the darkest Zelda

Attached: 8fa4e7a549d3f98c8cb224964d2297a5358958fa_00.jpg (356x306, 28.01K)

Attached: aaa.jpg (496x496, 21.63K)

only complete retards purport there's no timeline, like how stupid can you be honestly?
-second game is a sequel
-third game is a prequel
-fourth game is a prequel
-fifth game is a sequel
-sixth game is a sequel
-seventh game is sidequel
-eighth game is a sidequel
-ninteh game is a sequel

This guys a faggot, his outer wilds video and art video were especially bad. If i was the devs id be insulted that someone could get the themes of my work so backwards and wrong to such an insulting degree that id legitimately question my abilities as an artist.

He doesnt get into the lore much just lists examples from every Zelda game that has different dark themes to it under the surface. Its decent but the cringiest part is where he thinks MM's might be an allegory for climate change.

It's a good video. He basically argues that talking about which game is "darkest" is shallow and stands in the way in really analyzing what a game is and what it's trying to do.

Fuck off Jacob

This is the basic thought process of these types of people:
1. Games are art
2. If games are art, then games inherently have meaning
3. Who else but I, a distinguished man of culture, can understand and convey that meaning to the masses
4. Lavish me with attention and praise (and money) because I am so unfathomably intelligent and insightful in ways that you could never be
5. Don't forget about giving me your money

Mostly correct, but it’s not like children can’t handle adult subject matter if it’s presented in a way that they can understand. Doesn’t make it any less of a kid’s game.

This I agree with. Kid’s stories are always allegorical morality plays. You can always gauge what a society values at its core by looking at the children’s fiction it produces, because the goal of a lot of children’s fiction is to indoctrinate children with “socially acceptable” ideas.

>The whole point of a Legend is that its a story told where details of the story change based on culture, time. etc.
This is such a disgusting , soulless, and blatantly wrong take, and that's putting aside how fucking stupid it is since the games different from each other HEAVILY.
From the very first two games in the series, they were directly connected in a timeline.

Just say you dont understand what the word Legend means dude damn.

The video is actually about the opposite of your statement and in how younger minds are more easily impressed with darker and more complex thematics, but that a "serious" thematic only serve to highlight the good instead of the grim violence and depressive thematics.

You would have known if you had watched the video instead of not watching it and rwplying to the thread anyways you fucking pussy.

>obvious Zelda 2 is a sequel to LoZ
>ALttP's box states it's a prequel
>OoT was ALttP's backstory including Ganon's origin story as Ganondorf, that's the whole hook in him threatening their descendants
>Wind Waker a sequel to OoT in a weird contradiction
>TP a sequel to OoT too making the timeline totally convoluted and dumb
they didn't give a shit but it wasn't picked out of thin air man

politics and sex are topics exclusive to adults
death isn't a topic exclusive to adults

You sound like you hate yourself also.

I mean if your brain only understands binary and can only comprehend activites to be for children/Adult sure but these games undoubtably are made for mass market appeal to children and adults.

>he thinks MM's might be an allegory for climate change.
Kek what?

You have to understand our media and schools tell us that our missiles are freedom missiles and if we shoot enough of them muslims will actually fall in love with western democracy and want to give us a great deal on opium, rare earth metals, and crude oil. To Americans the US military is like sailor moon where magic explosions exorcise the communism and fascism demons from the minds of 3rd worlders.

Its in the video this whole threads about my man.

The fuck does that have to do with zelda? When has anyone said I wish zelda was grimdark and edgy?

>When has anyone said I wish zelda was grimdark and edgy?
Were you born yesterday???

>impending doom looming overhead
>clock ticking ever so closely to cataclysm
>irreversible, unless you're somehow a magical being who can turn back time
The interpretation fits, but yeah it's sorta gay. I doubt anyone at Nintendo was thinking about climate change during the development of this game. The moon and its collision into Termina at be represent demanding change. Note the words of the Mask Salesman at the end of the game: "Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. Whether that parting last but a moment or but a lifetime is up to you" or something along those lines. The game deals with time, and time deals with change. Change happens throughout the land of Termina, and it brings forth either positive or negative transformation. The same theme is present in Groundhog Day, for example. Personal growth is only attained through change as a prerequisite. Climate change has "change" in the name for crying out loud.

the video was ok but not his best. that's fine, i expect it when someone's passion project becomes their job then some of the work they turn out will be mediocre

It's funny because that's what they believe. Americans are fed cartoons about being a kid and being le happy even though that shit will fuck them up mentally in the long run. That's why you have people that are into age regression. (notice how they're all from America and Western Europe)