Bro, I got 100 trillion points on super space game for Atari. I don't have any evidence, but I my friend watched it

>Bro, I got 100 trillion points on super space game for Atari. I don't have any evidence, but I my friend watched it.
>Cool dude, here's your certificate.

Why were people so fucking gullible back then? Why did nobody ever ask him to perform his impossible scores live?

Attached: 1647996616793.png (400x400, 306.89K)

Why do people give so much credit to a piece of paper?

>I don't have any evidence, but I my friend watched it.
speedtranny cope. a judge watched it.
go join Apollo, you have no actual evidence any of the OG kings' records were fake.

Dragster record this guy set is mathematically impossible

atari had such shitty hardware I wouldn't be surprised if a glitch allowed him to get an impossibly fast time

lol mathcopelets seethe because they can't start in second gear lmao

Guinness World Records was always a joke, they won't even listen to you or "confirm" your world record unless you pay them a few thousand dollars.

>Why did nobody ever ask him to perform his impossible scores live?
Plenty of people did, and he would just make up excuses as to why he couldn't do it live

It wasn't just Dragster either, there were dozens of games where he had blatantly fake high scores with no evidence provided, like that flying game on 2600 where his time was so low that even when someone hacked the game to remove all the obstacles and get a perfectly fast time, it was still like 3 or 4 seconds behind his alleged record. Or games where his high score was like 800% higher than the next highest score.

what happened to karl jobst?
did he get sued yet?

My favorite is his score in "Fathom" where he claims to have achieved 1110500 points while the second place is 142. The estimated time for his run is 325+ hours. What a beast.

Still seething in general.

Attached: file.png (861x776, 793.6K)

This guy, the atari guy, is a blatant fake who worked for a pay-per-minute phone hotline whose selling point was that "da best gamers in da world" would help you figure out how to find dungeon 3 in zelda. Once the hotline failed and the WR craze became more popular the business switched to being a gaming WR archive and used him and his claimed records for PR. He has never done any public exhibitions and has never proved his skill in any game.

The king kong guy has multiple public exhibitions over decades, and while he is now barely a top 10 player due to his age, he had regular public exhibitions in his peak and before the speedtrannies came the only person who ever doubted his achievements was the guy in 2nd place, who conveniently also claims a private VCR-recorded killscreen as his best time and would be 6th if you only counted his public runs.

Twin Galaxies was a gay little club for old men where they all got to lie and play pretend about high scores. They never thought anyone would find out they are liars because they figured there would never be enough interest in their old shitty games.

NOOO YOU CAN'T JUST STAND ON SOMETHING SO PEOPLE CAN STILL SEE YOU

i still cant find something funnier than Apollo's suicide, dumb scoliosis bed ridden piece piece of shit tried to bring everyone down to his level, and just like everything else in his pathetic life it backfired and people only remember him for the speedrun festival fiasco

Attached: soft kek.gif (160x192, 1.82M)

Because they were a bunch of games no one gave a fuck about or tried to play competitively so it wasn't hard to get his pedo friends to log the scores for him. It took years for anyone to even look at the ones where he entered scores that the game couldn't register. The only reason anyone found out was because drag racer got him a Guiness record for being held so long. Supposedly he did travel to Activision to perform it for them, but he may have failed and they "verified" it any way because they couldn't imagine anyone giving a fuck about it thirty years later.

Funny how all these rogue gamma ray bursts trigger electronic malfunctions, that only make the game finish slightly faster, precisely when people are being watched by a "Speedrunning" "Referee" isn't it? Who needs a video anyway? The fact that he's never done it since is just bad luck I guess!

Smaller people at the front, you never take a class photo?

Your uncle's old and doesn't have a lot going for him. Just let him keep believing in his Atari world record.

People still do this all the time. The only difference is now you pay Guinness for a certificate. It's just a scam, however, the entire idea of them publishing world records. Guiness isn't an authority on any of it, people just bought their position as the record holder. It's exactly like buying the rights to name a star.

WILL THEY EVER LEARN?!

Based cancer auzzie

Hes kiwi

Guiness is literally a scam. You have to pay for validation and they have all the power in the agreement. If you pay them $500 to show up to your gerbil dick sucking record attempt and they decide the 20th gerbil didn't get its dick sucked hard enough you don't get the record and you have to pay another $500. They don't care about authenticity or anything, they're a business out to make money.

What a legend. An absolute gaming God. We were lucky to be born in time to be graced with his presence!

nice
let's kick it in koji kondo's condo

Attached: 1649682739641.png (1618x1080, 1.93M)

King Kong dude is actually good at the game, but he still very obviously cheated. The people who cheat aren't the shitters, it's the people who are decent at the game but want more without making the extra effort.