Ayo just hold a direction key for 3 second in middle of a fighting game

>Ayo just hold a direction key for 3 second in middle of a fighting game

Whoever came up with "hold a direction" idea should be hanged

Attached: guile_sonicboom.png (350x215, 76.74K)

just learn the timing

Attached: 1654800984933.webm (638x480, 2.87M)

>direction key
?

Attached: 1657706868837.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

They were designed for winners

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 51.96K)

ayo this nigga playing on a keyboard

What used to fuck me up is that the CPU player isnt constrained by having to hold shit, Ryu can spam abukeps? fine, so can i. Guile spams alec boos? I'm fucked.

play SF4 3ds and you can experience OP guile yourself.

It's ~50 frames, less than a second in newer games. Some no-SF games have the charges at around 30 frames.

Rensen/Rashousen is a pretty ez charge since you don't really throw it out in neutral and you have all the time in the world to charge it up during a string.
Funny enough I'd say Strive made Axl way harder

You do realize charge characters are easier to play than motion characters right?

Attached: 1589850548218.gif (500x500, 906.85K)

They were designed with that purpose but they're not, because you have to take into account the "shields down" moments that the charge mechanic causes which isn't a problem for characters with quarter circle and DP inputs.

They're not. You know why? One simple reason why? You don't have to hold back or down during combos. Or up or right if you're playing some game with fucked up charges in every direction.

holding 4 or 1 during strings is a good habit tho.

>Doesn't have the mental capacity to block for a few seconds
Typical zoomer.

Do you not realize you can get your charge back while the fireball animation plays? That way you can spam booms

FASTER

I think guile is one of the most unfun characters to play against in all of fighting games.

>3 seconds
Its like 1 1/2. And its not so hard when you have godlike single normal attacks to react with. Also sonic booms in most games let Guile combo off of them where as meterless hadouken combos are rarely ever a thing and the framedata is much worse. Once again a Any Forumsirgin casual doesn't understand balance.

charge characters are the choice of kings

actually easier than quarter circle motions especially in old games

>gives him a shoto moveset except missing a horizontal move but becomes his own character solely because of charging
Nah it's brilliant

>shields down
?

Attached: mario+vs+guile.jpg (500x374, 27.31K)

>horizontal move
Is sonic boom not good enough for you faggot
Do you need a tatsu to go over fireballs like some pussy whipped shotoclone

Honestly the only charges I have found difficult were Forward-Back and Up-Down.
Doing the latter on demand without making use of built in mechanics is still a challenge for me since I can't do it 100%
I am interested in going back to see how I can handle other charge characters in other games I've played but Saki wasn't all that exciting beforehand, and nobody plays AH, while Vatista has gems which I really don't want to get into.

Attached: I don't even need both hands.png (588x802, 83.05K)

Attached: 7f50ec27c32a9a8f760c263daff33524--arcana-heart-heart-images.jpg (612x479, 46.82K)

AH is a neat game that I would play with you right now if I didn't need to fucking sleep

Attached: eko-win-rave.gif (256x1024, 299.7K)

or make it like kof where charges are like 1.5s or often short enough they combo from multihitting normals/command followups

The thing is user, I'm not entirely willing to shell 20 bucks just to satiate my curiosity if Saki's Forward-Back charge feels any more intuitive to do. At the very least I remember her having a 6C that at least starts the charging process for her special launcher.
Plus she's a carpet muncher with a taste for the mentally impaired, she sounds dangerous

Attached: 1842434-saki_tsuzura.png (331x696, 198.64K)

Get filtered noob

>often short enough they combo from multihitting normals/command followups
Most of Kagura's moves are exactly like that, or at least have enormous hit stun so you can actually charge moves without too much of a hassle.
His 2DA and 2DC has two hits which lets you easily charge a sonic boom mid combo and his flash kick is most often done right after his 2DB that hits twice.
As mentioned before, it's his Up-Down charge outside of his flashkick follow-up version which requires no charging that fucks me up from tacking on like 500 extra damage.

Attached: Kagura_Dragon's_Dual_Strike.gif (1119x586, 338.9K)