Never played this before but it looks interesting and isn't crazy expensive...

Never played this before but it looks interesting and isn't crazy expensive. What is there to look forward to in this game?

Attached: livealive.jpg (1280x720, 255.44K)

The opposite of Octopath Traveler plot and interaction wise.

Seven short stories plus a 15 hour RPG at the end. Each story tackles game design differently but shares core systems.

It's pretty cool.

Just finished the Edo chapter. No kills run if you must know. It's nice that they changed the storehouse so that you can kill the woman there and still keep your Lost Souls to grind out levels (except it becomes four lost souls after killing the woman). Also, the woman is not counted against your kill total or against the lacquered medicine box as she's a yokai.

>caveman crafting/survival
>wild west tower defense-lite
>kung fu disciple raising sim
>tactical espionage action
>street fighter 2
>80s-90s mecha anime in jrpg form
>space murder mystery horror game
>dragon quest but with cucking
it's a fun time. also the music is phenomenal.

Attached: img.jpg (777x1066, 800.67K)

How the hell do you get that treasure chest in the Ninja chapter that's sitting in the prisoner's room across from the pit?
I tried falling down from the holes in the ceiling but none of them lead anywhere aside from the one that gives you the geta.
Was that chest even in the original game?

Game is coming in the mail later. What choice was your first choice?
For me, it's gonna be the cowboy

Attached: Switch_LiveALive_screen_01.jpg (1200x675, 83.24K)

>Are these my hands, stained black with blood and sin?

Attached: majimatired.gif (500x433, 2.47M)

Yes.

I do remember that chest being in the original, but I honestly have no clue if you can even get it or if it's just to further bait the player into falling into the trap.

I picked wrestler first and can't really explain why.
I wanted to go cowboy first because I'm a big fan of spaghetti westerns but I also like to save my favorites for last.
Got antsy about it and did his story somewhere in the middle anyway though

I started with Cube and ended with Cube.
I liked how being exposed to OD-10 first made me take a little longer to notice the Odio pattern. Cube also looks good at the center of the finale, aesthetically.

Question for those who finished the game: If you fled from Mad Dog at the end of Sundown's chapter, does he appear in the ending "everyone is back in their own time period" scene?

SNES my first was Pogo. Did the final chapter with him as the main too.
For the remake I did China first just because of the demo progress. Gonna end it with Oboromaru because I played that chapter 3 times in this to actually complete 100 kills.

Attached: 54748779_p6.png (900x754, 280.51K)

Yes.

Shit, I'm so sorry, Mad Dog. I'll replay the chapter and protect you this time.

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that Sundown's story is a surprisingly good tutorial/starting point for the game.
>probably the shortest chapter aside from Masaru's
>Sundown is put in a few easy 1v1 battles that have little consequence, letting the player explore and experience the battle system for themselves
>the chapter's trap gimmick encourages replaying it to find out the best way to set traps, as well as sparing Mad Dog if you didn't know how to do it the first time you played--cuing the player in on the fact that these chapters are meant to be replayed to find secrets and better strategies
>O. Dio's gatling gun does a damn good job of teaching the player the importance of battlefield positioning and the danger of enemy charge attacks after the easy battles that Sundown had prior

>Also, the woman is not counted against your kill total or against the lacquered medicine box as she's a yokai.
I'm doing nip chapter now.
Can I get a full break down of all allowed fights?
Any tips to know?
Done Near Future (feels like I missed a lot frankly), Far Future (beat captain square but got nothng for some reason), Prehistoric (got the cola can), and Present (got all moves including world ruiner wraith).

Also in quality, i started Octopath Traveler, and i couldn't be bothered to finish the game, and it has an awful secret final boss...okay it depends on how you play that game, if you assumed you could just ignore some characters because the combat system isn't fun and the game doesn't have shared EXP...then you're fucked at the final boss where everyone is required and i absolutely had underleveled and underequipped characters and it's one of those games where you can't just start at the final boss if you lose.

Live A Live makes this better by most chapters only focusing on one main character that you can level up and by the final chapter, you can more easily grind for every character and it's not even needed.

Unlike Octopath Traveler's final boss who made me go from thinking not having all party members get EXP wasn't that bad since i didn't really care about all of them to loathing that mechanic when it turns out you actually needed to grind every character and the final boss actually isn't weak enough you can win with underleveled characters.

Or i am just bitter because that game also doesn't just let you restart the final boss battle if you lose and God, whoever decided to put that true final boss in a game without shared EXP deserves to be punched several times in the face.

>also the music is phenomenal.
I'll voch for this.
Prehistory was fucking great music wise.

Cube is the best start. The running gag is non-optional, the combat is mostly optional and allows you chances to learn consequence free, the narrative driven nature hooks you and it's good at obscuring things.