MultiVersus' insane success proves that the FGC has been lying the entire time

MultiVersus' insane success proves that the FGC has been lying the entire time.
Fighting games aren't niche and people want to play fighting games; the only thing stopping them are input motions and mechanical bloat.

Will fighting games finally stop being so stubborn and embrace the changes people ask for?

Attached: Fighting games.jpg (1280x720, 153.27K)

Multiversus is not a fighting game.

It's just another Smash clone. MultiVersus wouldn't be nearly as popular if it wasn't pulling from fanbases of multiple popular comic and cartoon IPs.

Why do trannies keep pretending Multiversus did anything that Smash Ultimate didn't?
30 million copies sold, btw

Multiverse sells because it's the SSB version of Fortnite where people can play as that cartoon character they know
Take all those characters out and swap them with originals and you'll see success on par with any other Smash clone without previously established characters

>MultiVersus
>success
is already dead jimbo

Because unlike smash, Multiversus has the following:
>Free
>Cross-platform
>Cross-play between platforms
>Decent netcode with rollback
Just throw a bunch of money into the game and it is bound to be a success. Fighting games are so obviously well suited for F2P that it's a wonder it took publishers that long to realize it.

>insane success
oh yeah, like the nickelodeon smash clone?
>input motions
motion inputs are fine. if you have trouble doing hadoken/shoryuken inputs (which comprise 80% of the inputs in every fighting game), then i'm sorry but you have actual brain damage/motor problems and shouldn't expect to be able to play a game where the objective is competing against someone else who doesn't have brain damage
>mechanical bloat
isn't bloat at all and is just the degree of complexity required to make a competitive game engaging and not just tic-tac-toe.

Fighting games had all of those except being F2P.

fpbp, thread ended.

Theyre not f2p and half the roster is behind dlc after you pay 60$ for the game wich is retarded

>Fighting games had all of those except being F2P
since when did most fighting games have cross play, and decent netcode.

>the only thing stopping me is input motions
>i can definitely play a traditional 2d fighter if it doesn't require input motions
>buy DNF duel
>boot up training mode
>learn a simple combo
>hey this isn't so bad
>get into a match
>get absolutely destroyed in neutral every time
>opponent is doing unreactable 4 way mixups
>reacts to everything i do with 1-button-DP
>get to play for 3-5 seconds at most, then get hit and watch a 30 second combo movie
>recover and get to play for another 0.25 seconds before getting mixed and watching a second combo deplete the remainder of my life bar
nevermind, i'll just stick to platform fighters

who cares if people playing their fav character is being used has hook into the game?

Its soon to say if the game will prevail or not though, but using the muh character argument is pretty hypocrite because a lot of people enjoy to play characters not entirely because of their kit but because they like the character. (unless ur a sweaty fuck).

Yes my fellow retard, it's totally the gameplay and nothing to do with the famous IPs, marketing, and free to play. That's why games like "Rivals of Aether" and "Slap City" dominate the FGC!

Attached: 1534168670903.jpg (393x468, 27.5K)

>using the muh character argument is pretty hypocrite
>people enjoy to play characters not entirely because of their kit but because they like the character
yeah thanks for proving my point

DNF Duels insane failure proves that the FGC has been vindicated this entire time.
Fighting games ARE a niche and normies don't want to play fighting games; the thing that stops them aren't motion inputs or in depth mechanics it's competition and being unable to cope with a loss and improve on mistakes.

Will fighting game developers finally stop being so naive and embrace their actual fanbase instead of chasing for consumers that wont play in the first place?

You don't even know what fighting games are you retarded nigger

Attached: 1656093939372.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

dnf duel is unironically one of the worst games for new players to try to get into

it lures them in with simple inputs and then they just end up watching themselves get combo'd until they uninstall

Attached: 1658909309811688.png (491x900, 472.93K)

>Casual baby smash clone where half or more objectively speaking of the players are ironic retards who just want to jump around playing as their cringe favorite character.
>DUDE FIGHTING GAMES ARE LIARS ITS ALL TRUE I'M NOT BAD AT THEM LOOK AT THIS GAY BABY MEME GAME PEOPLE LIKE

Man what a sad life to live. Multiverse is a joke game even more so then Smash.

It also doesn't teach you good neutral so you're bound to get destroyed if its your first game badly in other games even if you're good at DNF. Being able to reach people at almost all times and confirm anything is cancerous.

I wish most fighting games had cross play as a PC player, but they don't you liar.

People in the FGC kept telling them it wouldn't matter but they kept asking for it anyway
Now they'll bitch about combos and still won't play Fantasy Strike

>Free to play
>Decent netplay but that probably doesn't attribute much to it at the moment atleast
>Gay ass nonsense memes like UI Shaggy strength
>Obvious shit like Batman/Superman/Wonderwoman/Adventure time
>Putting Rick and Morty in the game as soon as possible after the fact.
>Trying to get the nigger audience with Lebron i love China James.
>Crossplay so inflated numbers compared to games without it.

Its fucking free and aimed at Smash babies and memers. What the fuck do you expect OP? These people are not even those filtered from normal fighting games just those without interest and likely wouldn't try the game if it costed money.

>It also doesn't teach you good neutral
neutral isn't concrete across games, neutral in lets say xrd and +r is not the same as neutral in strive, different games require different things to play neutral and you only learn that by playing said game, it can't teach you.

reminder, if you are not
>gay
>black
>furry
fighting games are not for you.

Attached: edgy nigger.jpg (1280x730, 177.62K)