*mogs modern AAA shit made on hardware that's a hundred times more powerful*

*mogs modern AAA shit made on hardware that's a hundred times more powerful*

Attached: R(39).jpg (640x911, 98.12K)

PS2-era was perfect in terms of hardware power. Good enough that you can visualize and create any concept you might have, but still not too detailed so expectations are low and you don't need to keep around a 500-man army of artists, animators and programmers to make a decent AAA game.
It keeps costs low and allows big developers to experiment, innovate and throw things out there.
Today the only innovation you ever see in vidya comes from the indie market.

Its insane that SotC only had a dev team of like 35-40 people.

>Over the shoulder camera
fuck off.

>didn't play the game
You fuck off zoomie

And never will, fuck that stupid meme. I wan my character front and center or else I don't bother.

It mogs pretty much the entire industry

he is front and center.

I played the ps4 remake and when traveling the camera always panned to the side. posted about it and an user told me it's the same in the ps2 version so I didn't bother.

oh yeah i guess it is, it kinda floats around though
it is cinamatic and artsy

Yeah, I don't like that stuff but might give it another chance due to how much Any Forums seems to fellate this game.

which colossus was the toughest for you Any Forumsirgins?

>I played the soulless version

Your opinion does not matter.

Either the one you have to make look down into the hole so you can grab its face or the one you have to make topple over with geysers.

Come on user, it's just a camera angle...
I hope you aren't stopping yourself of enjoy this great game only because of a small complain like this.
Although, If you found other things about the game that you don't like, it's fair. You don't need to like a game just because it's critically acclaimed.

This fucker
Just walk over the geyser you dickhead

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1920x1080, 382.74K)

I also couldn't figure how to beat the colossus who is besides a lake or river not too far from the starting point. Nigga stepped on me everytime I tried to get closer.

>I played the ps4 remake
You didn't play the game

I did my best time at this fucker during first play-through. But it was pain in the ass to get him over the gayser.

Can't remember. But I remember that the flying serpent one was the best. My godness it was probably the most awesome fight I ever had in vydea.
Literally, jaw dropping.

I emulated it on a toaster with glitchy audio and worse framerate than the actual ps2 and I had a great time.

The geyser turtle. Why was he so mad?

You mean a 3rd person game? The majority of AAA titles are like that.

It makes me sad that the HD PS3 port which is the optimal way to play the game is so hard to actually play considering you need a working PS3

SMT isn't like that. Neither is Yakuza, Nier Automata, DMC, BotW, etc. I don't know or care if they are all AAA, tho.

It's why I fucking hate remakes, the whole "they don't replace the original!" is bullshit because the Bluepoint remake ensures we'll never see the one by the original creators leave the PS2/PS3.

I was talking about a friend about that in regards to the Spyro 3 in regards to distance. The map worked with the distance scaling / reducing actors and polygons to give a sense of distance and going long places. You can fill in then with your mind the streams and trees. Without these constraints and being able to add more stuff, better draw distance and lighting you get a really pretty detailed game (and I like reignited a lot) but it loses the sense of distance, letting your mind just fill in the gaps and take for granted the size of Spyro to the world.

It's been beaten to death a gazillion times about the SotC remake but you lose such a sense of distance, size and letting a person fill in the games if you make everything so crystal clear and defined. The SotC game over screens are a prime example of when you remove the limitations and mystique.

Attached: 1658933871266.png (716x851, 953.64K)

didn't the fps fuck up some mechanics?

Yeah it's absurdly gay that the PS3 HD version isn't on PS4/5 because it's just the original ps2 version with better textures and no frame rate issues

the little dog, I had no fucking idea what I had to do and at one point I had the right idea but for some reason it didn't trigger properly and spent the next 30 mins trying to figure out what I had to until I tried the proper solution again

This!
That boss fight was insane. Everything from it, from the way you approach the area to the moment it starts taking off and flying it's amazing. Never had that sense of actually being just a small human fighting literally mountains again.
Riding your horse and then jumping on its wing and then being "up there" while minutes ago you were absolutely blown away by the size of the boss and confused about how the fuck are you going to beat it is amazing. Unbelievable.
And yes, i played it back in the day on my ps2.