Why did RTS die? Is it because it is impossible to dumb down to the level of the average post-2007 retard?

Why did RTS die? Is it because it is impossible to dumb down to the level of the average post-2007 retard?

Attached: carrierdestroyed.webm (1024x576, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XehNK7UpZsc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because a vocal minority keeps whinging about MP shit that the majority doesn't care about

Didn't the Starship Trooper RTS come out this year? That was pretty awesome.

Blizzard remade all their shit instead of making sequels again. A new Warcraft would be great. I'd even take a Total War.

Too much focus on 1v1 multiplayer when the bulk of the playerbase actually plays singleplayer and team games.

Get off of v, Grant.

It's a damn shame

Attached: Statue of Lib.webm (1024x432, 2.33M)

you just know this is some kind of eceleb, kys

fpbp
Developers should do Fromsoft-style Regulation management.

Because it's autistic, but not in a rewarding, slow, considered, problem solving kind of way but rather a mindless apm follow a build kind of way.

What else is there to do with the RTS genre? I feel like it got stuck in a rut.

Even single player RTS is stressful

I think he means this guy youtube.com/watch?v=XehNK7UpZsc
He's right, which is probably why user is mad

What game? That looks cool.
To answer your question, partially yes. The other part of the answer is that it simply isn't very marketable to the major demographic.
>typically a higher learning curve than most people's attention spans for entire games
>as a SP experience, its typically a campaign (or 2) played once or twice and custom battles vs. ai. zoomers don't care for these things
is true. RTS MPfags are among the worst out there, and are extremely loud that devs will listen to them and drive the game into the ground for the sub-100 people that compfag mp (example, like 3% of total war players on any title have played a MP battle once for the achievement)
>very ai dependent, and ai is not easy to program well for a skilled developer, let alone the schmucks they hire nowadays, and is extremely noticeable when bad
>hard to 'milk' or monetize. You can't really push a season pass on a RTS game

Attached: 5235134123412.jpg (811x1081, 57.26K)

the definitive cope

This. Unfortunately despite all their attempts, RTS has always failed on the strategy aspect, and basically falls down to games either being a-move balls of death or super autismal micro battles. There's rarely any real strategy involved

When you turn RTS into multi more than SP it becomes shit IMO. It's digital chess at that point but the crazy ass speed chess where you slap the clock and move as fast as possible.

After finishing a game I don't feel accomplished, I just feel like I've finished an exam.

>Starship Trooper RTS
Shit, didn't know this was out. Shill have disappointed me yet again.

>t. "competitive" RTS players
Nobody likes you gook clickers.

>I play RTS but not mp
Basically you never played an RTS. You never played the actual game. You pretended to play. You roleplayed. You were afraid of getting your fee fees hurt and wanted to enclose yourself into another game. Might as well not be an RTS and be a tower defense with story.

If all faggots want is a singleplayer rts I'd rather rts stay dead.

It's not AMAZING but it NAILS the aesthetic, humor and feels like playing the movie. Could be a little tighter technically and I wish the soundtrack was a bit more professional but I'm enjoying it so far.

Dont play SC2

good rts for someone who has never played one before?

>"just because you played the game doesn't mean you played the game"
You're officially 'that' guy.

Attached: 1658844555060.png (930x909, 331.29K)

The only MP I ever played was WC3 custom maps. And I think 99% of the stuff I played there was co-op rather than competitive

what are you talking about retard, my complaints were exactly against competitive gook click

Edge lord

They don't have the balls to make them single player only.
They Are Billions is the only one that did it and it was a big success.
The entire genre is limited by the fact that each faction has to be a mirror of all the others.

Deserts of Kharak
Excellent SP and MP. Best of both. Too bad its dead but should be played with friends.

total war is not representative of most rts since its mostly geared as a sp game.
But you're right about AI being inherently bad, developers aren't just stupid, they're not going to suddenly come along and make actually good and engaging AI for RTS. So RTS singleplayer will always remain just not that engaging.
The truth is people are just scared to play RTS multiplayer even though its drastically more fun, if there's a successful RTS in the future, it'll focus on team games and things that make RTS less intimidating.

Ironically Starcraft 2, it has the best tutorials/campaign

original command and conquer, then red alert 2, then WC3

Warcraft 3

You've never played a RTS game in multiplayer have you?

Told and busted

team games are fun but 1v1 shit is for absolute faggots. You aren't a faggot are you?

>What game? That looks cool.
Homeworld: Shipbreakers
Prequel to the old Homeworld games.
It's OK. not great. REALLY rapes the lore, but that is mostly because the game wasn't originally developed to be part of the IP, they stitched the Homeworld IP onto it very late into development when Gearbox contacted them and offered the deal.

Visuals, music, art direction and all are stellar, the gameplay is very basic.

Because the money it costs to make a RTS game doesn't exceed the money the investor gets back from selling a RTS game.

try-harding makes online games less fun, its not fun getting proxy rax rushed into 2 gate rush into 6 pool rush game after game

I'd say all of Starcraft/Warcraft. AOE I-IV.

I don't think Age of Mythology aged well but have fond memories of it. Halo Wars wasn't terrible and C&C Remastered and Red Alert were great. Myth 1+2 are early Bungie greatness.

>you didn't google the best build for the particulare race/faction you're playing
you are a waste of air

Deserts of Kharak is shit.
There I said it.

Not all games have to be about mastery, believe it or not a lot of people just want to enjoy the game at its theme/mechanics level and not have to practice it like a sport.

RTS is dying because most people arent autistic enough to give a shit about it in the same way traditional fighting games are dying. Nobody wants to have to sit down and memorize a fucking 30 button combo in the same way they dont want to memorize a 30 step build order. If you dont devote literally insane amounts of time in an autism fueled bender you will just instant lose everything forever and nobody but the most diehard fans want to do that.

Never played a balanced RTS. Difficulty levels seem impossible to balance as well. Generals was piss easy on easy mode, some levels near impossible on normal and every level impossible in hard. Ai always have unlimited resources.

this, except all homeworld games

It was always an niche genre to normies. PC's were limited then now they can do more so people do other things.

damn, that's a good way of putting it

I've never memorized build orders to play multiplayer RTS, never played starcraft though, is this where the meme is coming from?

Attached: 1655971340931.jpg (1284x1373, 118.37K)

Personally I find the entiee genre boring. Thats just my opinion of course but I just dont see the fun in it. You just gather resources, build some shit, and then win. Thats it. Theres nothing very interesting about it. If you play on the harder difficulties most of the time the AI cheats by having way faster build speed, way more resources (or infinite resources), etc. Its boring. Maybe if you were really good at it you can find fun in the MP but other than that, what is there? Theres only so many strategies. Rushing, turtling, building cheap units to gather fast then build other shit. With small variations between, but so what? Not trolling, genuine post, I dont see how anyone enjoys it.

TBS is just more fun, actually involves strategy

>play RTS
>pause at any time
You didn't beat the game.
Its called REAL TIME for a reason

Attached: affewafafaf.gif (498x498, 177.44K)

I don't play 1v1 because people out there are fucking GOOD. Just admit it that there are people out there that know your favorite game better than you do.

I bet your mom uses a 3 dozer build lmao

Real Time With Pause

Attached: 1644859834869.jpg (235x237, 11.02K)

But I paused in real time.

kek you can tell Any Forums doesnt play games by the replies

DoK lore > Homeworld 1 lore
fight me

You could apply the same logic to memorizing buy orders, champ counters etc for Mobas.

Its basically barely worth engaging in if you don't play vs other players.

>RTWPS

Attached: yeah.jpg (158x207, 28.71K)

The cringe lol I hope it's bait

Only blizzard RTS games are autistic gook click apm fests. Most others require strategy. Like Red Alert 2. No amount of micro will save your units if you cock up in that one.

As time goes on I find myself enjoying turn based strategy more than RTS

Attached: 1651512006535.png (1920x1080, 3.17M)

That's usually reserved for RPGs that are a lot more complex than the typical RTS.

>That's usually reserved for RPGs
grand strategy