The golden age is over, you missed it. videogames now? staring at the wall is more fun. might as well go home...

the golden age is over, you missed it. videogames now? staring at the wall is more fun. might as well go home, devs are out of ideas, there's nothing left here.

Attached: bt0nl5bwgll31.jpg (666x642, 71.66K)

Why are you here? No seriously, if you believe this unironically, go to /vr/ or some shit nigger. There are plenty of good games still coming out, like BallisticNG, MADNESS, Hollow Knight and shit. You just have to actually look for them now and participate in your fucking hobby.

Just buy old games then no one has beaten every old game ever.

God Sabrina was so fucking cute.

wow you seriously solved the situation by writing an old and jaded doompost about it. thanks for your thread.

>You just have to actually look for them now and participate in your fucking hobby.
this
Been playing Kerbal Space Program, monsta hunta rise, No Man's Sky, an Bloons TD6
I recently bought project lazarus, poking at that every now and then
but I'll really get back to gaming once I finish reading one piece. On chapter like 920 something like 100 chapters til I catch up.

I didn't miss it, though.

works on my machine

I have that same Dreamcast kiosk in my basement

this
it's like when people bitch about there being no good music these day when all they do is listen to the top 20
there's more games out there than ever, you just have to actually look for them

Capcom are one of the last few good devs still going.

>games that were mass marketed when I was a child: good
>games that are mass marketed now when I’m an adult: bad

Based. I got hundreds of games I wanna play, I don't give a shit that modern AAA is ass

Life is like a Newsagent's. The Mars Bars, the Smarties etc, those are easy. But on the top shelf, the box of Milk Tray, the Dirty Magazines, you have to REACH for them.

god i miss this era in time so much. it really feels like it was the peak of western culture. the collapse started right as soon as they let normies onto the internet to start yelling at eachother from across the globe

Attached: Erky4bAXIAEJOWr.jpg (1024x671, 161.31K)

me in the background

Attached: 5CZ8IeV.jpg (667x1024, 187.37K)

Attached: YcS1C9s.jpg (1335x2048, 471.39K)

This.

We're at the Ben Hur stage of videogames where AAA is just big budget for the sake of big budget. In a decade we should be transitioning into a phase where actual cool ideas an auteurs dominate the field.

it wasn't just about the games. it was about the shared culture. humanity finally felt like it was ready to move past all its petty problems and leap headfirst into the 21st century and truly advance in ways not seen possible. little did we know that leap was headfirst off a fucking cliff.

Except "mass marketed" back then meant a marketing budget of 100k bucks, not giant inflated budgets of hundreds of millions where you need to sell to the lowest common denominator just to make your marketing costs back

Turn off the news and social then. You’ll be happier.

how do i turn off gas prices and food costing nearly double than what it did?

>it was about the shared culture
>uuuuh just completely detach from culture then???
Great post

Make more money so it doesn’t matter?

I have an electric and my mortgage is only 2K a month. Alternatively vote trump in 24.

Back then we had the benefit of factories producing great cheap clothes, cars, computers and the labor force and economy good enough for people to actually afford them.

Nowadays the pollution has caught up to us, cities are unlivable, women all work, minorities all flooded over and destroyed the value of labor, the government printed too much money for their friends so the dollar got pulled right from under the working class and wages never increased. It's OVER.

I think its also the age, people at the scenes are kids, gotta find like minded people your age

By getting a job that's not burgerflipping

>Wants world to be more together
>Angrily rejects current world instead of trying to improve it

>Alternatively vote trump in 24.

Bro how the fuck do you think we got into this shit??

The long standing corruption of over 50 years mixed with all media focusing on outrage for max engagement.

But you're right, voting for him won't solve anything.

That's Clarissa, darling

Economy will be better. That’s enough for me. Democrats are cancer to finances.

Biden took office and like within the year gas prices doubled and inflation went turbodrive.now gas is like 3x the entire trump presidency.

Based correlation = causation poster

How old are you?

>blurry photo with poor dynamic range and shitty flash
vintage 90s disposable camera kino

>power goes out
how you enjoying that electric now?

You can go and try to prove me wrong because "t-technically it was more than 100k", won't change the fact that modern AAA has inflated budgets just like Hollywood

>Man who causes inflation
>Man who locks children in cages
Hmm what a difficult decision…

I like when people handwave something with the "correlation doesn't equal causation" spiel, but accept correlation and causation in daily life; and even the dismissal begets that it doesn't say correlation is NEVER causation.

Not even that guy, but you did a yikes.

lol

Okay so what caused gas prices to double and triple and food costs to skyrocket under Bidens presidency by sheer coincidence?

Pro tip: It was taxes and inflation and reversing Trumps economic grow policies on fossil fuels, closing the Alaskan oil pipeline, and opening our boarders to illegal immigrants.

Times flows and we all turn to dust eventually.

Do you really want to spend time remorsing on what was lost to time rather than enjoying what you have now?