How do i get into EU4?I don't know where to start

How do i get into EU4?I don't know where to start

Attached: 1658922200219710.jpg (2560x1440, 932.94K)

pirate the game+DLC

start mouth breathing to recess your chin

I'd tell you but I stopped playing it in 2018 and Paradox probably changed everything twice over.

Install the game and select normal difficulty and then one of the big countries like Castile.
Hire some advisers, mess around with army stacks, play a bit to get the feel for interface.
After a couple hundred hours you will reach the state that the toddler that knows chess pieces and how they move it.
Then watch some experienced player play the game, but not the best players, like watch Arumba he is playing a bit again.
Then start a new game as Portugal.
The after a few thousand hours you will be a beginner.

Start in England

>play in europe
>make alliance
>build spy network
>fabricate claim
>war
>build spy network
>repeat
very fun game haha

pirate all the dlc and roll back to patch 1.20

So, I just need to put in the hours and i will figure it out little by little?

Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.
Dont fall into a trap of thinking about creative solutions to problems.
Its a pseudo 4x game and all problems are best solved by conquest and blobbing.

Just be yourself

Attached: 1656.png (1680x1050, 3.09M)

Game is the most enjoyable while you are a mediocre player and are still learning and are good enough to win but not so goo you start being anal about accomplishing cancerous achievements.

Look up a beginners guide for EU4 (there are plenty, take recent ones), then play the game, dont be afraid to make mistakes, my first few games were disasters too. Then after playing for about 100 years you rewatch the video so you can remember things and understand more stuff, then play another campaign. Repeat this for about 400 hours and then you should be able to play the game pretty decently. Use country starter guides to set yourself up correctly, then just go

guides are a death trap, there are thousands of tutorials with 40 parts on youtube, best is to watch 1 or 2 short vid with beginner tips then do ingame tutorial. Next play easy recommended nation and google/youtube when you dont know something.

>there are thousands of tutorials with 40 parts on youtube
yeah, dont watch those of course, something like a 30 minute guide is a lot better. I dont know about the ingame tutorial, I heard they changed it

Take an easy country like England or Castile and try to form GB/Spain. Then colonize shit. There are only two things you need to be careful of: coalitions and the Ottomans (not a problem with GB).

HOW do i do that though, the interface is confusing af

read tooltips and click buttons until you learn

england is kinda nasty with the 100 years war at the start, although a noob could just give up maine.

watch an introductory video. Read shit

Yeah, just give up Maine and lands in France. Invade Scotland and Ireland, then colonization time. You'll have the biggest navy for a long time so no one can really invade.

It's pretty bad honestly. It used to be just mediocre but paradox DLC model fucked the game up years ago