GTA6 is gonna suck right?

Rockstar Games Cleaned Up Its Frat-Boy Culture

>In the summer of 2020, after a police officer killed George Floyd, Rockstar Games quietly shelved a mode of play it had planned to release for its Grand Theft Auto Online game.
>This was one of several politically sensitive actions Rockstar, a division of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., has taken in recent years. The company removed transphobic jokes from the most recent console release of Grand Theft Auto V and significantly narrowed its gender pay gap. Rockstar's next game, Grand Theft Auto VI, will include a playable female protagonist for the first time, according to people familiar with the game. The woman, who is Latina, will be one of a pair of leading characters in a story influenced by the bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde, the people said. Developers are also being cautious not to "punch down" by making jokes about marginalized groups, the people said, in contrast to previous games.
>Moves like these once seemed unthinkable for a company whose best-selling franchise is a satirical depiction of America that involves playing gangsters who kill civilians and where women are mostly depicted as sex objects. Rockstar employees described a workplace culture full of drinking, brawling and excursions to strip clubs.
>The transformation of Rockstar includes changes to scheduling, converting contractors to full-time employees and the ouster of several managers that employees saw as abusive or difficult to work with. When the pandemic started, workers received care packages, cloth masks and surprise bonuses. During the protests over the death of George Floyd, a Black man who was murdered by police officers, the company said it would match donations to Black Lives Matter charities. Employees have been given new mental health and leave benefits. A new policy called "flexitime" allows staff to immediately take time off for every extra hour they work.

Attached: kvCpHEZ.png (525x695, 266.04K)

The reason Dan Houser left is because the "Rockstar" name basically means nothing anymore. Their whole "work hard, play hard" is what made them famous. Now they're just another corporate AAA studio.

>Developers are also being cautious not to "punch down" by making jokes about marginalized groups, the people said, in contrast to previous games.
No fun allowed.

Attached: 1658791525566316.png (692x694, 196.51K)

>rockstar will suddenly start making bad games because muh idpol
yeah sure, whatever you say

Gta V was a good game?

>Benzies gone
>Housers gone
>Lazlo gone
>T2 CEO says to next expect next GTA game to be edgy
>GTAO has a premium subscription service now
>the news about Rockstar's workplace culture
No shit it will, it will be watered down into a a bland, inoffensive, story with cold takes and most of the post-launch support will be purely to scam more retarded children and normals out of their money if they don't want to commit to a full-time job of grinding for virtual cars.

>trusting Jason Schreier

Oof.

I didn't know it is was that bad over there. They will almost certainly never make good game again.

yeah and so was RDR2, if you disagree then why would you expect GTA6 to be any different?

>series is called Grand Theft Auto
>can roleplay as a kingpin criminal online
>can't steal valuable cars, have to buy them normally because apparently that's going too far

The thing is, you guys are to vocal minority, remember how the remasters turned out?
People will eat this shit up no matter what

>Boy's culture removed by shrieking feminists and their simps
Yep, they are dead.

It'll be better than GTA VI, that's for sure.

>after a police officer killed George Floyd
Fake

>The transformation of Rockstar includes changes to scheduling, converting contractors to full-time employees and the ouster of several managers that employees saw as abusive or difficult to work with.

This is literally just corporate speak for, "We hired Deloitte consulting and insourced several of our departments to a Bangalore office."

Attached: 1635838317077.jpg (640x1138, 61.44K)

Oh I know, people will keep buying their games because they see a brand name and that's all it takes. Consumers aren't innocent of the industry turning to garbage. But these days consumers are irrelevant to big studios and publishers when investment firms will throw money at them to produce garbage.

It is in the holy scripture of progressivism, to deny it is blasphemy.

I didn't buy many Rockstar games, but now I'll never give them my money.

Do people actually want to get drunk and party with coworkers? Be professional, do your job, and leave. It's a job, not a way for you to make friends.

It is a bunch of shitlibs, trannies, faggots, and women wearing the skin suit of a company they murdered, same story as everywhere else. Of course it will suck.

>be me
>start playing "GRAND THEFT AUTO" (online)
>see car I like
>steal it
>I've just committed grand theft auto
>suddenly the car stops and my playable character gets out
>the doors are suddenly locked and I can't get in
>some dweeb in lime green shades runs up and retrieves his car
>I get justifiably upset and pull out a rocket launcher
>banned from server
Stupid fucking fag game

This shit has put off literally over 95% of the players fanbase.

Attached: 45778854.png (831x799, 328.67K)

literally doesn't matter, they will spend over half the budget in marketing and it will sell like hotcakes.

Of course it will suck. The creator of GTA has left Rockstar after RDR2 and RDR2 was already pozzed trash. Nurockstar is filled with strong womyn and soibois just check their social media page it's pro feminist etc. This is antithesis of what rockstar and their game were.

no it hasn't

Working with people you like is nice, and it's preferable to working with Karens and they/thems. Also
>Implying these diversity hires are professionals and not just backstabbing powergrabbers
lmao

Attached: id-carmack-romero.png (1908x1072, 1.62M)

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA
>breathes

HAHHAAVAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

And then they turn around and scream about how creative they are when all they do is ride coattails and fuck up things that other people created then try to pass it off as their own.