Why don't games have blast jumping anymore?

Why don't games have blast jumping anymore?

Attached: wee_rocket_jump-1.jpg (1600x900, 208.22K)

outdated and spammable mechanic.it got replaced to one key press with cool down

Concept too difficult and complex for zoomies, they just press a button and do the same thing nowadays

>outdated
dilate

Attached: thinspo.jpg (828x1462, 205.68K)

>Rocket jump & sticky jump
>Requires decent understanding of the source engine and jumping itself
>Requires precise flick, impeccable timing, decent response time and ping
>Requires good map knowledge to get all the first aid kits
>Mobility vs health trade off
>Most people can't do this
> So they revered those who could.
>Overwatch Era
>gotta grab all those zoomers and mouth breathers
>Rocketjumping is too complicated
>so they dumb it down with a cool down based fuck all jump skill
Pic rel

Attached: 1658834766590718.jpg (2404x1260, 443K)

>Most people can't do this
>Pretending that every server wasn't filled with rocket jumping soldiers repeatedly dive-bombing on respawm

this doesn't even track with the example op gave you stupid nigger. tf2 has been zoomer central for the last decade

>more than a decade old game
>niche player base
>all the zoomers and coomers moved onto others
>OH NO WHY ARE THE LEFTOVERS GOOD

Also, people (you) have tendency to remember bad memories so you remember more skilled soldiers.
The truth is, vast majority of people don't even know what air strafing even is.

ppl played surfmaps since early cs, ofc there were a lot of ppl rocketjumping
but in the early stages of tf2 it didnt really matter bec only a very small playerbase played competitive meta, the vast majority of ppl on servers played what they enjoyed and this wasnt soldier/demo

>Because it's not scientifically accurate. I know your tiny boomer brains can't comprehend reality to the same degree as mine but you need to understand that real life isn't a cartoon.

Attached: what do they eat.png (800x789, 118.26K)

rocket jumping is the result of players spontaneously discovering an unintended use for a game mechanic
in other words, it happened because devs put out a game and let players do what they want with it, in many ways making it their own
but modern devs want absolute control over their players
they have to feel like they've outsmarted them
rocket jumping is too exploitable, harder to balance
NO NO NO says the dev, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO JUMP HIGH UNLESS I GIVE YOU THE ABILITY TO DO SO. THIS IS MY GAME, MY RULES!
NO YOU CAN'T GO THERE, THAT'S NOT ALLOWED!
Here take this super jump ability! Now everyone can jump high! Isn't this what you wanted? Don't worry, I blocked those building ledges so you can't climb up or stay up there now. Now you all play nicely :) AND DON'T FIND THINGS I DIDN'T ANTICIPATE OR ELSE

And none of them know how to rocket jump.

You have to think about the fact that modern pvps are much more streamlined and "hardcore".
Like they can't take "fun build" "friendlies" "trolling" "griefing" "meme build" at any capacity.
NPCs are drones they do not see the fun in "inefficient things" that their master has not instructed them to do.
They play to see some random numbers go up instead of having fun.
So that's why they are obsessed with absolutely predictable, unoriginal, calculated meta numbers, statistics, winrates and builds.
What they don't realize is that they think they will "win" if they mimic meta.
They are nigger cattles and dont realize skills and understanding of the game matter even more.

I unironically love science.

>be compfag
>can't adapt to the slightest amount of unpredictability
A tale as old as time

>spammable
You typically lose health to do it so there's a built in punishment to spamming it

Same reason crouch jumping and bunnyhopping are dead and gone. Zoomers can't handle technical skills, if it's not a super on a cooldown with a one button execution or something the game automatically does for them, they piss and shit themselves, and if somebody else more skilled than them is able to execute any form of technical traversal skill that they can't, they call the devs ableists on Twitter and tell them to patch the game or get cancelled. Zoomies want boring, homogeneous experience where technical skills and know-how plays as small a role as possible, and devs now hate when players mess around and discover techs or exploits that "weren't intended". It's also why community servers and mods are dead.

I think it has to do PvP games with progressions.
Not the ones in like BF2 alt kits or TF2 milestone items, where the alternatives are meant to give you brief goal to work on while you figure out how the game works.
Nowdays it's "play to grind".
Like League, for example.
People grind ranks, not play.
War Thunder, you grind the vehicles, not the game.
So compared to the former set of games, where people are much more relaxed and having fun, trying new things, the latter "esports era" pvp games are not about fun. Its about competiton. And people seethe at any unpredictability that "hinders" their progression. This results in devs streamlining the game so much that there is nothing creative left to do.

they do
you're just not playing them/know how to do it

Attached: 1657328717779.jpg (1455x2048, 636.29K)

The rocket launcher in Neon White lets you rocket jump

Too video gamey
Have this button that makes you go up that goes on cooldown

Who are you quoting

the explosion sets you in a set direction regardless of where you are in relation to the blast which removes the most interesting part of the mechanic even if its probably a balance thing. At least the grenade jumps work normally

What is this?

neon white literally has blast jumping as a major mechanic of one of its weapons

but if you want an actual answer, it was never intentional as far as i know, just a tech people learned through experimentation

It requires skill, most companies don't like that.
Skill requirement = frustrated retards = loss of revenue/popularity