Kid

>kid
>buy game
>put in the console, it plays and works immediately
>play at a natural pace, I'm in no rush to get anywhere
>get stuck on a hard or cryptic part, keep trying every day
>give up on it a bit, look into maybe getting someone older to try
>get back to it a couple weeks later, finally manage to beat the hard part
>entire new world opens that was previously inaccessible in the game or out of it
>deeply personal experience between me, the game, and the console with no outside influence
>confined entirely to the disc/cartridge as if they were a book

I will never feel this feel again, I tried to emulate it, but with the way games are now it can't be done

Attached: 1576159427722.jpg (2048x1582, 373.4K)

Boom boom

Why do these faggots always use the most expensive CRTs possible even though games were made for shitty cheap CRTs back then?

If it's obsolete, at least use the most advanced obsolete items.

>be adult male
>pirate game
>get stuck
>try for a bit
>fuck it, google
>"woooooow how was I supposed to figure that out"
Fuck bad game design. It's not my job to figure out what the dev wants me to do.

uhh it's called soul

Attached: 1645191415121.jpg (1024x761, 97.33K)

Zoom zoom

funny how it looks pixelated

PVMs are a meme. They're so sharp you might as well be playing with raw pixels.

Attached: Streets of Rage 2 (U) [!]-220710-032820.jpg (2990x4320, 2.68M)

I just want a CRT that looks like that on my desk. I don't even care if it works.

falcom should put out a collection of their old games, i just want to own popful mail on something

>grown man paralyzed by his own nostalgia
ngmi

Some of the best memes ever produced

Its not the game's fault, you got old.
That and before you only got one game every X months or maybe even more, now you have 400 games waiting on your library and the new sequel to game you like in a couple months.
oversaturation of games combined with you having the knowledge to solve the issues (google, youtube or even savestates in an emulator) makes it so you want to spend less time stuck more time having fun.

Touch... I remember touch

Attached: 1639240900844.png (1153x712, 713.36K)

>waaaaaah why can't I be a kid forever

Read classic fiction(over 100 years old)

True. Simple PC CRT monitor is all you need for soulful picture.

Attached: 1545164681620.jpg (5081x3395, 3.96M)

>I cannot resist the urge to look up how to bypass the hard parts of a videogame because I am incapable of thinking for myself
Damn bro that's crazy.

Attached: 1658303688344244.jpg (262x192, 9.56K)

CRTs are fine even with a super sharp image, it's not like the side effects of the grille/dot masks, phosphor and strobing just disappear entirely, you just have a cleaner image. Maybe some real clever effects like fake transparencies stops working on high end CRTs with a good signal, but those are edge cases.

It's got nothing to do with my age and everything to do with the industry
>games are now nebulous concepts that exist digitally on servers torn and spread around thousands of updates, DLC, microtransactions etc you can't actually own
>require a fuck ton of waiting and fiddling to get started
>if you want to discuss a game online you better beat it in a week or else it will be old news
>tons of spoilers everywhere even if you go out of your way to avoid them (ads, thumbnails, social media feeds etc)
>hard and cryptic parts aren't allowed to exist and you are expected to have a video walkthrough and the wiki open on separate screens at all times anyway
>the entire game was spoiled in the trailer and endgame screenshots and information were posted, streamed, and datamined through a leak before day 1
>all of this makes it a frantic impersonal experience like a crazed rave with millions of other people none of whom will remember anything in a week

sounds like sour grapes. if you get some uber high TVL set and play third or fourth gen on it, its no surprise itll look bad. you genuinely just need to get a tv that matches the output of your console. my 400tvl PVM looks just as good as my 400tvl cheap consumer set other than the slot mask being a different type.

You're a faggot. I play older games that I used to play as a kid and that I missed out on as a kid, except now I can crank up the internal resolution so I can actually see the details on the nice character models, and CPU hacks let me play them at higher framerates. I can also use savestates to skip trash RNG or annoying minigames that did nothing but pad play time. All you have to do is not be a guide using faggot, unless of course you're playing some "please buy our official guide" trash like FFXII.

This game was one of my all time favorites, thanks user

All of the shit you mentioned ruins the experience, it's like reading a book but for some chapters you read the Cliffnotes and for others you listen to the audiobook, you read parts digitally on a computer screen with autoscrolling text while exercising, etc when the point is to experience a book like a book

reddit image

>All of the shit you mentioned ruins the experience
No it doesn't, you stupid faggot. Your mental issues don't make games less fun.