Official localizations are shit

>official localizations are shit
>fan translations are shit
Is there no hope for Japanese games in the West besides just learning Japanese?

Attached: 1639300269760.png (1295x1601, 321.47K)

That's a lot of words trying to justify his fanfiction

No, Just learn japanese

Attached: 1553094392128.png (1280x2299, 1.11M)

You either learn Japanese and forsake the localization industry/start supporting the import industry, or you start networking and try to worm your way into localization companies until you can do what current localizers do.

The fan and official translation and localization scenes became overrun by ironic weebs that despise japanese culture and constantly try to "fix" it by first butchering the text with MTL, doing it a second time by "making it readable", then a third time by scrubbing off as much as possible during the proofreading.
All hope is lost, learn japanese, these faggots ruined everything and it's never going to get any better

Oh hey, that’s me he’s quoting.

The rest of the translation is actually really good. I’ve had discussions with the Thracia translators too and they’re going over the script again since Cirosan quit the scene. We’ll see what happens though I doubt much will change.

>>Is there no hope for Japanese games in the West besides just learning Japanese?
The sooner you understand this, the sooner you can start enjoying video games.

>Fan Translator
>Completely and arbitrarily changes the plot and in game events
I legitimately do not understand what kind of arrogant shithead you'd have to be to even do this garbage.

It's bad enough getting it from the "localisers", fan translations are meant to be accurate.

What is with American translators and their "i can do it better than the writers for this game"? Why are they so insecure?
I still cant forget how bad Xenoblade X was

translators who seem themselves as writers/activists/whatever are deluded scumbags

Just don't buy games that have liberal translators. Thats all you have to do
>they put identity politics into the translation - don't buy the game
>they put communist rhetoric into the translation - don't buy the game
Its that simple

>trying to make this into a left vs right burgeroid argument when this problem is with all westoids in general
you don't get to squirm out of this, all translations are dogshit, there are no exceptions, and "b-b-b-but i liked this particular butchering because it's funny" is not an excuse or an exception
all translators and localizers are irredeemable trash now, there's no exception to this rule, not a single one

>Any Forums says gatekeeping is a good thing
>whines about having to put in some effort to properly enjoy hobby
Tranny localizers are based. They filter out the tourists.

I'm too afraid to even touch the Eternal Punishment one. For one thing the game was already in english but I bet those dips still changed all the names (Besides the P1 guys but they were already fucked) for no reason.

I'm from Laos I have no idea about your westoid (??) burgeroid (??) problems.
Just be worldly enough to know when your translation is being meddled with. The examples listed are the most common ways translations are meddled with.
Its that simple

Thing is, i don't keep in touch with who the fuck translates a game, why would i even care. And when i buy it it's too late.
It was easy with Nintendo Treehouse, they did let everyone know they are trabslating it, and it was east to evade. But here, i didnt know.

Devil Survivor 2 Overclocked was already a mess with Translation changes, so dont get your hopes up for EP.

Pro tip: everyone is shit.
Avoid all translations.
Learn japanese while calling out these faggots.

You don't really have to keep up with it, its very easy to see if it something messed with.
The people that want to corrupt your media will look for media that is easily corruptible.
Dragon Quest translations are fucked sideways but people don't get up in arms about it, they complain but they don't burn the house down like when some smut game or ultraincel game gets faggotry or memes shoved into it.

You have to form a discerning palette, learn to see what a loser would try and rewrite if they were given the chance, thats the stuff they go for. You want to play some panty snapshot game? Be prepared for the group that secures the translation to be faggots. You want to play a blobber in some obsure long running blobber? You're most likely fine.
They are going after you, so think about what types of games would hurt the most getting messed with, you'll end up with a good radar.

They're all garbage. Here's the thing, it doesn't matter if the trannylator doesn't put dogshit about binaries or property being theft in your game. Those are just easier to pick out. The issue isn't "a few translators", it's the whole industry.

I agree but I'll go one step further - video games don't matter at all. You know how many games come out? Too many to play even if you cared about every one coming out.
We all get to pick and choose what we play when we play it.
I don't want to learn japanese to play a video game. It isn't worth it. Its as easy not learning japanese as it is not getting the game in japanese.
For normal people not buying things they don't support is very easy. You don't have to go to extremes like learning a new language to play a video game. Your time would be better spent doing a plethora of other things.

>blackpilled loser
kek go study your kanji user-sama

>I don't want to learn japanese to play a video game.
Sucks for you, I learned japanese because they are the only games worth a damn nowadays, I don't give a fuck about the newest movie pretending to be a game nowadays.

Today I will remind them.

Attached: 1556231475478.jpg (1200x1500, 579.61K)

It doesn't suck for me, I don't care. You care, which sucks for you.

They matter to me. I'm shit with languages and I'm going to fucking learn Japanese specifically because fucks like you tell me not to bother.

what's hilarious is kanji is not even the hard part, context is

My solution was to just get into different kinds of games. I don't play anything Japanese at all anymore. There's a brief detox period but eventually you get over it and their games start to actually look unappealing.

very cool.

>hard kanji
>literally just 2 normal kanji on top of eachother

Just don't play fan translations by retards who change the writing, easy. There are a million fan translations for most things, just play the non retard changes ones instead or wait for one to come out.
Nobody wanted this guys game, nobody knows who he is or cares about his writing ideas, he just saw an easy avenue to force them out there. The only changes I want in romhacks are gameplay ones that create hard modes or create entire new games like half the shining force 2 romhacks do.

>Just don't play fan translations by retards who change the writing, easy.
you just told him to not play any translation at all

Nah there are a ton of translations that don't fuck it up.

>Nah there are a ton of translations that don't fuck it up.
There aren't any.

You don't even know japanese to prove that they don't.

Can you find me another fan translation for the game in the OP - Tear Ring Saga?

I don't have to.

hahahahahaha

No need to go into a defensive schism you'll get over it.

indeed. it feels like "learning japanese is hard and kanji is scary" is psyop by "translators"