At what point did you stop caring if graphics got more advanced? For me it was DMC4-ish levels...

At what point did you stop caring if graphics got more advanced? For me it was DMC4-ish levels. I'd be perfectly content for graphics to never get better than that so long as game play was good. I really don't think its necessary to go further than this visually for any purpose, even storytelling. Needing ever more and more processing power and throwing more pixels and polygons at games doesn't make anything better. Visual fidelity is eating all of developer's bandwidth and its not making games better.

Attached: devil_may_cry_4_image3.jpg (1200x675, 138.13K)

DMC4 is a great looking game but generally games from that era were hideous to look at. Brown'n'bloom is one of the worst era for vidya.

Graphics should always get more advanced. The "Graphics doesn't need to get better than this" type should stick to the Atari 2600.

I'm perfectly fine with PS2/PSP generation graphics

dmv4 looks fucking incredible tho, the tech of the engine is entirely relevant to the art direction, the texture work and architecture of that game is on a different fucking level entirely
compare it to re5 which looks like gutter trash despite being the same engine, same devs, same everything

Never gamez have nothing without graphics they never did.
I want graphics to go beyond realistic

even in stylized games, the visual fidelity matters a lot. like compare borderlands 2 and 3. similar artstyle but the visual fidelity in 3 blows 2 out of the water and looks so much better its hard to play 2 after playing 3. so as long screens get better, then i will still enjoy things that look better

About dmc4 or metal gear solid 4 levels are fine to me. I don't care about superficial graphic advancements beyond that point but i do care a lot about physics simulations, destructive environments, simulated fluids that kind of thing. I wish that was more the focus than making photorealistic but static worlds.

probably at Demon's Souls, although if I had to settle for RE4 or SotC that wouldn't bother me

Attached: demon's souls cinegrid.jpg (3264x1837, 2.61M)

At its launch, yes DMC4 was next level but I mean right now you got people that would turn up their noses at DMC4 tier visuals and demand a fucking Marvel movie.

PS2/NGC/OGxbox ara, maybe the next gen after that if you are picky.

I really like DMC5 but imagine for a moment how much better and longer it could be if all the effort put into those 100GB of 4k textures was instead focused on more varied levels and Lady and Trish were playable.

RE5 was also made with tons of talent, attention to detail and great texture work. You're just a pleb who doesn't appreciate a grungy aesthetic and thinks everything should be colorful and pretty, total fag.

For me it was Resident Evil 4 on either ps2 or gamecube on a crt.

Brown'n'bloom is a fucking meme and only describes Fallout 3.

Nigger it was every other game from 2006 to 2012

and all gears of war games and bayonetta 1 and twilight princess and the last story and pandora's tower and resident evil 5 and every single 3rd person shooter for the ps3/xbox thats not vanquish and shadows of the damned
That being said i personally liked how Bayo 1 and Twilight Princess and SoTC looked.

why do people with low standards think they're better than other people?

Attached: 1658918749760309.jpg (1200x675, 215.51K)

based

Attached: re4 cinegrid.jpg (3264x1835, 3.05M)

for me it's gamecube only

Attached: 1656409465487.jpg (1280x720, 210.76K)

Exquisite bait

Graphics:
>MGS2 and BF3

Animations and lightning:
>HL2

Sound design, effects and destruction:
>BF Bad Company 2

These are the last games that I sincerely remember being blown away by the technology, since BF3 we've been reaching the "marginal improvement" state.
I also think that games with great palette like STALKER CoP haven't aged that bad.

Attached: Pripyat_Monolith.jpg (1280x1024, 374.62K)

alot of that is true. like just raytracing would significantly improve the look of that screenshot

don't you have a horse cock mod to update?

Attached: the-main-difference-between-console-gamers-pc-gamers-oh-wow-27291337.png (500x816, 287.65K)