Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

This is a thread for the discussion of the highest IQ game of all time, 999.
These threads get derailed by sequel screeching, so NO discussion of VLR or ZTD.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 11-09-07 Zero Escape Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors.png (1500x1479, 2.25M)

i tried playing this after beating ghost trick but i simply cannot stand "death game" premises like Saw and The Hunger Games. its just too cheesy a premise

What'd you guys think of the new ai the somnium files?

NO talk of another games user, actual sequel or spiritual.

Good game

Why is this high IQ? Looks like another weeb dating sim to me

God I hate morphogenetic field, the biggest bullshit in vidya aside from nanomachines

Ending makes no sense and deep down you know it doesn't. The creator of the game even admits the entire thing is set up by a paradox which is literally laughable for any piece of fiction let alone a mystery. Play a game written by someone actually talented like the danganronpa games

Yeah, I hate it too. Wish they'd go all in All-Ice mystery instead, but alas, Uchi is a hack.

great game, played every scenario in japanese to get the true ending. also love the watches

Lol, it is not a dating sim, it's a puzzle game user.

It's a psuedoscientific theory but it is a decent plot device here. Nanomachines are just tiny tiny Deus Ex Machina.

How is it senseless? It is time travel and inherently runs into paradoxes.

Akane is a trash

I still remember getting chills from the submarine ending. 999 did the gore/death sequences the best, they were few and far between so when they happened, it stuck out in a good way, ZTD was over the top and the VLR overdid it with how often Alice died it just became a routine. The later games went with more gore, but totally dropped the ball in the atmoshere. Only scene to come close is the ending in VLR where everyone kills themselves because of the virus.

yes it is a very unique game :)

why do you hate it specifically?

>it's a puzzle game
Are you sure? Because you people said the same about Catherine

I always thought they were caressing the mask instead of reaching for each other here

>The creator of the game even admits the entire thing is set up by a paradox which is literally laughable for any piece of fiction let alone a mystery.
Predestination paradox, self fulfilling prophecy and stable time loops are classic mystery fiction plot devices you dumbass
>Play a game written by someone actually talented like the danganronpa games
bait

>why do you hate it specifically?
I hate the motivation of Zero, I despise the execution and timetravel paradoxes, and I'm very, very mad about ruined plots that showed some positive writing prospect right until the very end. In retrospect, I like VLR even more than 999, despite the godawful 3d.

shit

Oh right I forgot this is Any Forums where 10 hours of puzzles are nullified by 10 minutes of "dating"

But no this is genuinely a puzzle game. There's barely any romance in it at all.

I wish it was all Tama&Ryuki, 1 is still a much better game.

Why is he so based?

Attached: True_end_incinerator_7.png (1280x960, 1.18M)

Why didn't they just use the warm water in the freezer to melt the ice?