MUH MANUALS

You know what? I'm glad manuals aren't included in games anymore. Most of the time they contained fanfiction written by some dickhead "localizers" that had nothing to do with the actual game the devs made. 99% of the time you could figure out the controls of a game without ever looking at the manual and there were usually in-game tutorials as well so the manual was even more worthless. Now the only value these cheap packets of paper serve is to squeeze pennies out of nostalgia-riddled manchildren out of a few extra bucks by selling them separately.

>b-but muh reading on the ride home
And? Are you still a retarded child who gets mommy to drive them to and from the store? I guarantee if they still made manuals nobody would read them.

Attached: whja7eltmas61.jpg (3671x2644, 1.15M)

fanfiction is based

Attached: 1627623362190.jpg (900x1074, 159.02K)

t.ranny

You will own nothing and you will be happy.

Attached: 1515362383675.png (500x560, 55.52K)

>not only do you get the game but you also get an extra fanfic story to go with it
That sounds like a win-win to me

Sorry you're such a child that you still think you "own" the game just because you got a piece of plastic with part of the data on it.

>tfw games no longer come with a 100+ page manual

I used to care about game cases, manuals, and collectibles when I was younger until I realized it was a cheap toy shit that takes up space. I no longer buy physical shit and all the gamer crap I have sits in a box hidden away

"I'm ok with having my rights to the game I purchased being taken away from me at any time on some digital service"

Ok faggot, but, Pride Month was a month ago.

Just pirate the games if you don't even care about physical releases.

I’ll just pirate or whatever honestly I barely buy games in general let alone games that less like 5 years old. Whatever system my physical discs take is going to wear down and is difficult to replace after a decade.

>tfw played Fallout 1 recently and decided to take a gander at the manual to see what I missed
If games have interesting mechanics, a manual is way better than a lousy tutorial. Games nowadays don’t have manuals because they either have a shitty forced tutorial section or their gameplay is watered down enough that it’s not necessary.

>just focus on shitty manuals
>all manuals are like this
was there ever a time where OP wasnt a faggot

Attached: il_fullxfull.1306491099_189t.jpg (922x846, 240.39K)

>We will never know if this was a giant shitpost or legitimate fanfiction

it was so nice having manuals with nice artworks and stuff

I love it when my favorite game comes with some extra nice stuffs inside
Am I a fag for saying this?

Just buy art books for your favorite games. They always have a ton of cut content in it.

>Most of the time they contained fanfiction written by some dickhead "localizers" that had nothing to do with the actual game the devs made.
What decade are you living in?

the manuals are on the disc/cartridge now retards. it can fit more pages and its in color. monster hunter is the one game where its digital manual is fuck huge because there's so many gameplay mechanics.

Fuck off retard, fuck you and fuck your family, kys

You didn't even get the piece of plastic mate, you paid money just to borrow the data from Gabe until he decides he wants it back.

What did user mean by this?

>I'm glad I pay more money for less product