Imagine the world where Nintendo bought Rare

Imagine the world where Nintendo bought Rare

Attached: 451474A4-8F80-4CF4-B997-3DA8C6610083.png (912x1234, 1014.13K)

>*makes wagglan with controllers instead*

Better than being gutted by Microsoft while all the orignal staff quits

It would be like Snoy buying Bungie. The talent is gone or leaving.

Rare is an overrated as fuck dev that skated by on charm alone during the SNES and N64 era.

dkc is mediocre at best and the only thing going for it is the 3d digitized sprites. then they used their early 3d knowlege to be a few years ahead of everyone else and make some decent n64 games, being the only ones actually able to push the hardware.

as soon as that shit was over they made nothing but turds, and if you look at any of their stuff before DK, its turds all the way down.

Attached: starfoxadventures-1646077949202.jpg (800x800, 168.98K)

They made some of the greatest games of all time, braindead zoombie just sucks at vidya and can only play generic fps games.

I honestly think they would've ended up fumbling hard with the DK series if they stuck around. DK64 was a glimpse at how corny they were going to get with the series and the GBA ports of the DKC games echo it with really shitty generic cartoon sound effects added in.

We would've likely got a proper Conker sequel though as Xbox only got the remake instead of a sequel due to them feeling like they had to reintroduce the series to the Xbox userbase.

It's hard to say what would've even happened with Banjo as Greg Mayles wanted to do new games by that point and was going to try moving away from platformers no matter what.

Banjo-Threeie was in the works for the gamecube and Diddy Kong Racing had a sequel planned. why do zoombies have to make shit up just to try and detract RareWare. why does Rare make every zoombie seethe so much?

>Banjo-Threeie was in the works for the gamecube

It never was, The Banjo team was focused on Grabbed by the Ghoulies during that period while Banjo X was already proven to be a collection of ideas they never settled on until they moved onto racing ideas.

As for Donkey Kong Racing we have no idea how it was going to turn out.

Shut the fuck up Miyamoto you decrepit Jap fuck.

Banjo-Threeie was deinfitely in the works for the gamecube, look at promo’s for the gamecube with Banjo-Kazooie. at the end of Banjo-Tooie she says she’ll “see you in Banjo-Threeie” you can’t tell me it wasn’t in the works. Conker’s other bad day would have definitely come out and I guarantee Banjo-Threeie would have come out soon after. I don’t believe the whole “Rare was falling apart before microsoft bought Rare” The reason Rare falled apart is definitely because of the buyout and microsoft’s iron grip that stifled any creativity. This is the entire plot of Yooka-Laylee btw, it’s very not subtle.

all the talantt left before n64 era was over.

The talent left Bungie once they realized they didn't need to make anything but Halo for the rest of their existence

what talent left specifically?

Rare's quality was fading fast by the time they were bought out. If Nintendo kept them they would've run Donkey Kong into the ground Sonic-style with shitty collectathons and recolored friends.

I agree that Rare is overrated but I won't allow any shitting on DKC. That trilogy is one of the best in platformer history regardless of its graphics.

the GE FPS team left to make timesplitters

>dkc is mediocre
Opinion immediately disregarded.

Attached: 1658856249390212.gif (365x498, 3.18M)

>all the talent
so just the shooting team? that’s not all the talent, Rare still had most of its talent. this is why the early Xbox titles were good still even with Microsoft chocking Rare out. Microsoft is the reason Rare became like it did, the founders left in 06 not in 00.

They'd end up like Camelot forced to make the same 2 games over and over again, getting worse with each iteration, until the end of time.

Nintendo doesn’t own Camelot.

choking*

They've been partnered with Nintendo for years. Making the same Mario sports games over and over again. One of the biggest wastes of talent in the industry, even though the first iterations were very good. Especially the portable ones with RPG elements mixed in because Camelot always made fantastic RPGs.

>skated by on charm alone during the SNES and N64 era.
Translation for non-trannies: Rare made many amazing and popular games during the SNES and N64 era, some of which are considered among the best of all time to this day.

Nintendo basically let Rare do what they wanted so this is bullshit.

Dkc mediocre?
Made me respond/10 bait

Camelot can go find work back at SEGA or any other publisher but choose to work on mediocre spinoffs because bing bing wahoo is a safer investment.

we wouldn't have nuDKC that feels soulless.