The most overrated videogame of all time

The most overrated videogame of all time.

Attached: Super_Mario_64_(NA).png (1500x1049, 1.85M)

Is Elden Ring.

Nigga you had to be there in 1996. You had to be there on Christmas morning unwrapping your N64 and playing your first 3D video game. If you weren't alive then you'll never know.

Not really. It didn't just set the bar for 3D platformers, it set the bar for ALL 3D games, which were obviously a big deal at the time.
It's incredibly influential, regardless of whether you still enjoy playing it today. I still like it, for whatever that's worth.

Oops, wrong pic.

Attached: screen1.jpg (1024x768, 190.44K)

Where is GTA SA?

Wrong. I've "been there" since 1981 and OP is right. SM64 is the most overrated video game of all time. It wasn't the first 3D game, or even the first 3D platformer, and if you were desperate for an N64 in 96, you bet on the wrong horse.
Even though SM64 was one of 4 decent games on the console, N64 was an absolute trashfire of a system and the only people who look back fondly on it are those whose parents were too poor to get them more than one console.

no, those who look back on it fondly had friends to play it with

Because local multiplayer was an N64 exclusive thing? What the fuck am I reading?
Local multiplayer was widespread and ubiquitous across all the home consoles of the time.

Attached: photo_2021-10-02_21-31-11.jpg (1034x896, 108.32K)

I wish more developers other than Nintendo made platformers that let you do whatever the fuck you want with good controls and in well-designed levels.

I've literally never played a Mario game in my life.
Am I missing something? It looks like a game for kids.

>platformers that let you do whatever the fuck you want with good controls and in well-designed levels.
Nintendo has never made anything like this. If you think mario64 allowed you to do anything you want, that's because you were 5 and didn't understand basic game structure.

Wet Dry World? More like Super Easy World

The N64 has always been and will always be more fondly remembered than the PS1, and no amount of snoy seething will change that.

Attached: 1592551791106.jpg (400x400, 125.12K)

filtered

The original 3 Super Mario Bros games (USA version of 2 obviously) + World and Yoshi's Island are all classics that everybody should play.

>ITT Sonicfags seething

>The N64 has always been and will always be more fondly remembered than the PS1
By people who are wrong, sure. The N64 left such a sour taste in the mouths of the public that the Gamecube severely underpreformed as a result. The failure of the N64 wasn't "fixed" until Nintendo capitulated to the normies with the Wii.

Of course it’s a Sonicfag cope thread.

Right system, wrong game. The correct answer was OoT because on top of not actually innovating or being influential like tendies try to pretend, it wasn't a good game.

It is the most interesting game of all time.

Depends on who you ask. My fondest memories of my early/mid-teens was playing Tekken 2 & 3 and Darkstalkers 3 with my stepdad. Never felt the need to get an N64 until several years ago when I wanted to play Sin & Punishment on the original intended hardware. I played Mario 64 and Majora's Mask at an in-store kiosk around that time period, but they didn't hold my attention.
t. born in '83

OP has summoned the dunkey groupies.
Hey dunkey groupies. His opinions don't have to be your opinions, and people can see right through you.

Thread stops here. Only the weird kids had playstation.

Its a great platformer. I think metroidvanias are overrated though, I'll take Super Mario World of any of them any day.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 123.93K)

Attached: Autism.png (725x836, 536.23K)

You fucking idiot, he was being ironic

Everything is irony with you fucking zoomers. Even this comment.

Forget about the N64, and check out my 7.