You have your PC/console connected to a UPS, right?

You have your PC/console connected to a UPS, right?

Attached: uninterruptible-power-supply.jpg (800x1000, 89.11K)

no, just a power strip daisy chained to 6 other power strips

Attached: 1622845643475.jpg (1080x1080, 85.05K)

no what's that

Straight into the wall.

It's a battery.

I don't live in a third world country where the power goes out regularly

yeah buddy

no, i'm very thankful to not live in a storm prone area.

Yeah, Florida gets diagonal rain every other day in summer. Outages are rare but brownouts suck so I've got UPSes on the pc and network devices.

Got em free from a company that went under, yeehaw.

I got one very recently.
actually got to do its job last week when the power was flickering out while I was at work. came home and everything was still up and running.

Imagine living in a third world country with power flicker and/or brownouts

Cute poster

>power hasn't gone out in over ten years, only once in the 5 years before that
Sorry OP can't relate.

I had mine like this till a power outage fried my power supply

No, but I need to get one. I've had 6-7 power outages just this summer, and 3 of them were from fucking retards wrecking into the poles

no, but I had my power flicker a couple days ago so I was considering it. But I probably won't bother.

I haven't experienced a prolonged power outage in my life but the way electricity and general energy supply to europe is getting a little iffy would it be worth getting something like this for ''essential'' electronics?

No but I'm gonna get one now. My shit has been cut off enough times that I'm just waiting for it to explode.

>PC plugged into power strip
>Playing KH3
>No storm but random power outage
>Power goes out in my whole apartment for a few seconds then comes back
>Wtfwasthat.jpg
>Turn PC back on and boot up KH3
>Save corrupted
>Go back to random backup save I accidentally made 6+ hours ago
>Save corrupted

How the fuck did my power going out corrupt multiple saves in KH3? And ONLY KH3? Does the entire save folder get fucked? Shouldn't only the save file being accessed get fucked? I'm still mad. I'll never not be mad. I was at the very, very, very end of the game when this happened.

Attached: 1589149619014.jpg (540x364, 105.48K)

have this exact UPS model and it does wonders during heavy thunderstorms
the max wattage for the UPS outlets is only 360W(my pc uses around 300W max) so it won't be suitable for heavy rigs

If you live in Commiefornia, this is a requirement.

Is this a power strip with its own battery so your electronics can stay powered on in case of a blackout?

Yeah. They're designed for businesses mostly, so you don't lose data if something happens to the power. Battery doesn't last too long but it is enough to save your work/game, or to cruise through a dip.

Won't keep a large TV on, though, so if you're using your pc/console that way your best hope is that it's not a sustained outage, otherwise it's just gonna be the same result slower since you can't control your computer without a screen.

My PSU is hefty enough to muscle through 90% of the brownouts and small blackouts in my house. Every other electronic device in my house will power cycle but my PC stays on. No need for a UPS.

Attached: 1649204575002.jpg (840x1024, 107.33K)

I have this too and I don't even have a fancy PSU, just a 750W corsair one yet everything else in my house including my monitors will power cycle while the PC stays on

I'm pretty sure mine is also a 750W Corsair.

Attached: 1616210399454.jpg (480x360, 8.33K)