Is Monster hunter just poor mans Elden ring?

Is Monster hunter just poor mans Elden ring?

Attached: images - 2022-07-27T124144.272.jpg (616x353, 39.21K)

pity post

Thanks

No but Monster Hunter is the of video games.

>tfw no mh4u on vita

Attached: 9a7.gif (245x263, 2.71M)

How many times has this been posted lmao

Someone pick a new weapon out of these four for me and tell me why you like the weapon. Duals, Switch Axe, Charge Blade, or Lance.

Lance
It's a Lance

>CB
has a good mix of mobility and heavy attacks, plus a shield is always nice to have

This joke fucking suck.
Add it to the list of thing normies ruin and stay off this sight.

CB

Dual blades are stupid fast and with EE3, you just never have to be in the same zip code as a monster's hurtbox.

Lance because it gives me the power fantasy of doing this. In reality you'll either DING! it in one instablock because most breath attacks are a single hit, or take as much chip damage through guarding as you would simply eating the attack to the face.

Attached: dragon_breath_by_momoren-d67sua8.jpg (1153x692, 166.38K)

Charge blade Swiss army knife
Stun? Yea
Tail cut? Yea
Ignore hitzones? Yea
Abuse hitzones? Yea
Long range, short range, block, guardpoint bla bla bla JUst do everything weapon and it looks the coolest

Attached: FHWuy-mWYAYB_KG.jpg (1200x870, 122.29K)

>it's another "I can and have easily beaten these monsters solo before yet for some reason in this particular multi monster hunt I randomly chose they are constantly kicking my ass and I am making endless mistakes I immediately recognise as retarded the second I make them. It's gotten so bad that I used 5+ potions in a row since every time I try to heal I messed up and got hit again, unlike my usual hunts against them which only need 1-3 pots" episode

Attached: 1601773290319.gif (360x240, 773.43K)

the switch axe is great cause it feels great to unga bunga monsters in axe mode, it feels awesome to fluidly change your weapon into a fucking sword, the silkbind counter is absolutely fucking nuts. the weapon has a really long range so even tho if your positioning is shit you're 99% landing those hits. i fucking love it.

Dark Souls used to be babies Monster Hunter. Since you had 4x the iframes on rolls and bosses died in 2 minutes vs 15+

I find it helps to stop playing, get some sleep and try again after a nap.

>This joke fucking suck.
Just as much as your English skills.
>normies
Trying way to hard to fit in faggot.

Post webms
Health bar shitters need not apply

Attached: MonHun_SwitchAxe.webm (852x480, 2.94M)

>huntan with rondine and fiorayne
>they set up a trap and stand across it to bait the monstie and call you over to them
>fiorayne even stands closer and shields up to ward off ranged attacks
companion quests are nice
plus they cant cart so they are automatically better than most shitters online

The difference is that you get the main aggro while in multiparty, aggro is fucked up and unpredictable.

You might think that if you're just coming from ER and never played a MH game before but it's actually extremely deep if you're into autistic build optimizing, since that is what you will primarily be doing for hundreds of hours. Theres no grand adventure here. Just endless hunts and endless crap to farm to make your endlessly perfect build.

Dual blades let you fight like a tornado, cartwheel on top of monsters and even has a Sheev Spin final move.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX

Attached: DAMN CAT.webm (940x590, 1.19M)

Yes.

This. In a game where many of your most powerful moves are linked to counters, it's actually a lot easier when the monster is focused on you.

Every monster literally shifts their body to face you when you draw aggro in groups. You should always be able to tell.

Yes, and Breath of the Wild is poor man’s Monster Hunter

You could still stand to lighten up that hud a bit. Really only need the health/stamina bars set to dynamic, sharpness, party members, minimap, and item select.

You gotta disable the button prompts around the switch scroll idk how nobody does that they're awful

>sleep
Nah, I only just picked MH up for the day. I am angry at Chameleos right now and I will kill him, I just needed to vent a little.

That's multi as in multiple, not multiplayer my friend. I wasn't very clear, sorry.

Didn't realize I could do that when I made the webm, I play without it now

>rajang does his beam animation
>dodge to the side to avoid it
>he was actually targeting someone next to me and i just rolled into it
this happended to me like a dozen times now

post best talisman

Attached: 12312z.png (546x902, 1021.2K)

>Rajang does beam
>dodge to the side
>bump into a piece of shit ludroth and only get half the distance
>cart

wirefall was a mistake

Attached: 1650206964450.jpg (960x535, 175.08K)

In your opinion, what is the optimal way to learn a new weapon?
Fresh character in low rank?
Toss yourself into master rank?
Fuck about in high rank?

Is there anyone online actually named Hunter?

>suck
>dream about playing game
>actually play better the next day

At least there are far fewer ledges than there was in the fourth generation of games. Those fucked me over so many god damn times that I learned to hate the mounting system.

Just grab the weapon and do whatever content you're up to, anything more than that is a waste of time.

Watch a video online and then go straight into master rank

mess around in LR while getting upgrade materials needed to reach the higher ranks in weapon lines
waltzing into LR with MR armor lets you tank as many hits as you please so you can focus on learning movesets and setups simpler

Attached: normal3chad.webm (1272x598, 2.9M)

I've always just tossed myself into the next hunt I was planning on doing, which at this point is MR stuff. After fucking about in the training room, of course.

>NO rooms hunting MR rathian on PC
I had no idea things were THIS bad

Attached: 1652848984607.png (554x544, 535.2K)

fight whatever monster you fight the most
in whatever rank you are in of course why tf would you go to any other rank

Not a lotta folk need Rathian stuff, I find. Just throw out a join request for Afflicted Rath, should work.

>Try to be a cool guy and Lamce escape jump out instead of eating a third of my HP as chip damage
>Jump right into the beam cause he was aiming at someone else

I'm confortable enough with everything but Bow at this point, but I used to just go fight Tigrex over and over to get the hang of a new moveset