Should I buy it? I loved 4 and it's only $10

Should I buy it? I loved 4 and it's only $10

Attached: resident-evil-xbox-one-xbox-series-x-s-xbox-series-x-s-xbox-one-spel-microsoft-store-united-states-cover.jpg (1600x900, 974.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/biohazard-mediakite
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re1cr-troubleshooting/
archive.org/details/biohazard-2-sourcenext
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re2cr-troubleshooting/
archive.org/details/biohazard-3-source-next
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-3-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re3cr-troubleshooting/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes its unironically one of the best games ever made

Attached: Leon-resident-evil-4-21625023-650-897.jpg (650x897, 212.02K)

yea . its better and it comes before 4. you shouldve played it first to begin with

First of all, it's VERY different game from RE4. Pic very related; 4 changed the oldschool, slow-burn survival-horror formula of the series, into an action-horror / horror-shooter. Classic RE is more about planning your loadouts and routes, solving puzzles and smart, positional combat.

Second, while REmake is absolutely a masterpiece, I would NOT start the classic franchise with it. The game came out originally back in 2002, six years after the original Resident Evil 1, and it is by all means designed with the veteran RE-fans in mind. This is why I would HIGHLY recommend playing the OG RE1-3 first, trust me it's worth it.

No, REmake is not a "remaster". It's literally THE first major Remake, the one that started the whole boom.
While it delivers mostly the same story, setting and even gameplay, every single thing is changed or expanded in a way that's meant to keep the experienced players on the edge of their seats. Skip the OG, and you won't experience the "whoa!" effect of seeing familiar locations and events recreated with much more advanced tech, nor the great mindfuck the alterations result.
It also starts a bit less open-ended than the 1996 original, which may bite the newbies unfamiliar with the map's layout in the ass.

tl;dr: REmake is 10/10, but play RE1 1996 first.
Start with Jill Valentine, play on Normal mode (= highest difficulty).

Attached: classic vs modern RESI games v2.jpg (1000x500, 178.15K)

Yes. Ignore 0.

>Should I buy it?
Absolutely.
However, play the classic RE1, 2 and 3 first:

>Biohazard Mediakite ISO
archive.org/details/biohazard-mediakite
>Classic Rebirth patch
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/
>Installation instructions
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re1cr-troubleshooting/

>Biohazard 2 Sourcenext ISO
archive.org/details/biohazard-2-sourcenext
>Classic Rebirth and official 1.1.0 patch
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re2cr-troubleshooting/

>Biohazard 3 Sourcenext ISO
archive.org/details/biohazard-3-source-next
>Classic Rebirth and official 1.1.0 patch
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-3-classic-rebirth/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/re3cr-troubleshooting/

Attached: re trilogy ps1.jpg (500x213, 56.49K)

I couldn't get it but maybe you'll have better luck. The controls make it impossible so be sure to select alternate controls at the beginning. Also, be prepared to not know what the fuck you're doing the entire time.

Ten dollars, why not. Pull the trigger user

Only the first game is like that. 2 gives you more ammo and you don't really need to worry about conserving it. 3 is even less survival. I dropped 3 near the end but loved 2 enough to do. Both scenarios back to back.

If you play 1OG then play the DS or PC SourceNext ports with the Rebirth mods

I can't stand any of the games after 3, so if you expect a similar level of constant railroading and action, you may be disappointed

>Only the first game is like that
No, they're all like that. Only the pseudo-Metroidvania-like exploration got more and more streamlined. I've seen countless new-fags play the OGs for the first time in the past couple years, and it's very common to see them run out of ammo, healing items, or ink ribbons, sooner or later.

Also RE3 is a massive upgrade from RE2 gameplay-wise.

RE1 also requires the sourcenext port

>10 dollars
>for a 26 year old game
lol you can probbaly go in your attic and find a copy for free dont waste your steam dabloons

Attached: cheers.png (332x332, 148.32K)

Alternatively just emulate the PS1 originals using DuckStation. Simple, straight forward, and EZ.
The Nintendo GC ports of 2-3 are great too.

Attached: re1 trophy room.jpg (640x480, 72.89K)

Idk about that. I play 2 with pretty much no classic experience and didn't have an issue with ammo even when it felt like I used a lot. Even with claire b I was able to get by just fine. Got A ranks for both.
I liked what I played with 3 but I think I just burned myself out. Didn't experience this with Silent Hill tho

3 is shit for three main reasons:
-terrible pacing for a survival horror
-useless dodge mechanic that will actually fuck you over if you try to use it
-nemesis is way too op and unless you know how to kill him, which you're not going to have any idea going in blind, he's impossible

That's what makes first time plays so much fun and terrifying. Obviously you end up running form Nemmy more than fighting him, but at the same time RE3 treats RE1-2 as its "tutorial", so you kinda should be able to deal with it.

Bought RE5 because I already have 4 on Gamecube and I never played 5 all the way through. Man, it gets repetitive after a while...

If you don't fight him you miss out on cool stuff. You can get him stuck on corners and unload ammo on him.

ALSO unrelated but if you leave the 3 PC port on in the settings menu or inventory for too long the freezes on thar screen. You can move around but can't see anything. To fix this you just need to toggle the retro mode and it fixes the pro blem. Had it happen to me like twice and made me lose progress the first time but I was able to save the 2nd time

5-6 are borderline unbearable solo. They are co-op games, alright.

>If you don't fight him you miss out on cool stuff.
That's why you replay these games. But I guess that's something zoomies are unfamiliar and uncomfortable with.