Have you ever loved a game but grew to truly and utterly hate it? Not a series but like a single game. If so...

Have you ever loved a game but grew to truly and utterly hate it? Not a series but like a single game. If so, what caused your change of heart?

Attached: 1531762185535.jpg (480x360, 14.04K)

>forgot to take my shitposting name off
It's over for me.

MapleStory.

What changed is I started to respect my own time.

Many games that receive expansions or regular changes are prone to this. It's why you see negative reviews on steam from people with 1000+ hours.
However, I think the same can be said for games whose endgame transforms into a terribly monotonous / unrewarding grind. Dragon Marked for Death is like this.

Attached: Dragon-Marked-For-Death---Nintendo-Switch.jpg (2000x3222, 959.7K)

>VRchat
It was really cool when it first came out. Lots of badass and neat avatars, with tons of genuinely talented people that would singer or play guitar over mic on worlds with stages and stuff. There was a ton of edgy shit posting too where everyone casually said nigger or faggot too.
Now though? The game is a degenerate cesspool. Groomers, dogfuckers, you fucking name it. All of them are some retarded little oc character too which is ALWAYS a fursona or anime thing. So creativity is out the window. Everyone just stares into mirrors all day too in dead fucking silence since they obviously don't know how to communicate, or handle social situations. It's such unfiltered autism now

Attached: 1658853280825175.jpg (770x692, 59.38K)

team fortress 2
killed by matchmaking, its corpse raped and beheaded by a zombie of yet another 'wholeseome super reddit' community, and left to rot by developers with one last gasp of life being feebly blown into it by one of those tom and jerry fire blower things in the 11th hour. I can never play the game for more than 10-20 minutes at a time these days and the quality of the players has diminished so significantly they're even worse than the brainless retard free-to-plays from yesteryear

I don't hate it, but I recognize that it isn't what I thought it was.

Attached: dragonfable.png (750x550, 227.34K)

World of Warcraft.

OSRS because I realized paying 100 dollars a year only to lose access to most of what you earned once you stop paying is predatory.

In fact, I lost respect for Animal Jam for a similar reason PLUS NFTs.

Gen 2 pokemon. Largely because I'm no longer a 10 year old

FFXIV
When they killed off Varis and the Garlean expansion in favor of the letdown of Endwalker.

Attached: __shun_and_shun_blue_archive_drawn_by_soruex__173e9fefba295d88470b5932f5fa4748.png (838x1373, 835.4K)

RE4. The new mechanics were amazing and redefined TPS games but it shifted the series from survival horror to action. The overpowering melee attacks and access to an arsenal of weapons and ammo from a merchant you encounter in each level made the game too easy and seeing Leon doing aerobics through lasers and using his Batman utility belt to get out of danger was gay. I'll check out the remake but I'm not preordering it like I did with REmake 3.

that's basically a whole series of games though from how much it changes over time
unless you mean like you can't even play private servers of the same version you played as a kid because you now respect your own time, in which case you're right and im proud of you

Take the TFCpill

Gonna go fap to Robina Hood, thanks mate.

ULTRAKILL, yeah it was kinda fun but breakcore is for pussies, game is way too fast pace, religious themes are very meh, (Virgin Mary is foreign concept to atheists), and game community is infested with LGBTQ shit. I don’t know why a game about a murder robot attracts so many trannys, it’s unreal

Troons latch onto literally anything they can.

Take the vscape pill

>Rimworld
The core concept I am in love with, but the game is barebones, costs way too much, never goes on sale, and the faggot developer also pushes out 20 dollar DLCs with features his nigger ass should've veen putting into the base game. The greed and arrogance put me off.
>Guild Wars 2
Pulled me in with a number of neat things, chief among them being horizontal progression and a seemingly pro-player attitude with a lot of Quality of Life and not too much grind. Quit it after there was way too much pozzed shit to ignore.

DS3.
Ringed City was double negro gay. Even vanilla DS2 was better than that shit-show.

League. It was a cool fun game to play with my friends online, no big deal if we won or lost. I loved playing Ezreal since he had a big focus on skillshots. I think it was around the release of Darius that I just lost all hope and then it was rework after rework, lore change after lore change, quirky voice line again and again. I grew to hate it and now stand by the thought that it is one of the worst games ever made