I have never played a Zelda game in my life

What game should I start with? In what order should I play the entire franchise?

Attached: tri focre.jpg (800x1000, 40.11K)

Oot

play another franchise, Zelda stole most of its ideas from games like monster world, oasis, centy, madoola, hydlide, mega man legends, goemon, etc. These games are all better than Zelda's watered down copying.

Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Minish Cap

I've only played those. All four are excellent.

This. Oot is the best starting area for newbies. I'd watch a quick restrospective of 1+2 just to get a feel for where it came from.

OOT/MM. Others are give and take. Maybe BOTW but i haven't played that one

Ocarina of time
Oracle games
Wind Waker
Link's Awakening DX
Breath of the wild

Same with the other user who made a thread about starting pokemon games. Other than nostalgia you can't find a good reason to play Zelda games as an adult. They're games for children and if you didn't grow up with them you'll likely find them boring.

Ocarina is easily the best starting point.
Highly recommend the 3DS remake or the PC port.

I'd say just start from OoT and go from there for the console games.

Link's Awakening remake on Switch was fun but I didn't think it was that great. A Link To The Past is a must play though and you could skip 1+2

It is mostly pretty arbitrary and you can play them in whatever order, but my recommendation would be to start with A Link to the Past and after that Ocarina of Time. This will introduce you to both styles of Zelda (BotW is an anomaly and not too representantative of the series as a whole) and they provide the foundation for the other games which take that template and put their own little spin and gimmicks to it.

>GUYZ... YOU SHOULD LIKE WATCH THE TWO HOUR RETROSPECTIVE """VIDEO ESSAY""" WITH THE VHS FILTERS AND THE NARRATOR SPEAKING AS SLOWLY AS POSSIBLE TO DRAG IT OUT AS POSSIBLE, AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT LEAVE IT ON WHILE YOU'RE DOING THE DISHES OR SOMETHING BRO ITS GOOD """BACKGROUND NOISE""" TRUST ME BRO EVERYONE DOES THIS
only redditors like these gay ass retrospective videos. go back

I didn't say 2-hour retrospective tard. There are like 10m ones that go over the history of the game dev which will at least give you a better basis than a wikipedia entry. Go back to your gacha games.

They are good games that should be played don't be a faggot

3D Zeldas: Oot is a classic and where 3d zelda started so if you are interested in how the series developed then that's a good place, but WW/TP/SS are all better games, imo. BotW is great but yeah it's so different from the others it can barely be called a zelda game

2D Zelda: The Link's awakening remake is great, fantastic game. Or Link to the past if you want to see the "first" 2d zelda (Technically it's zelda 3 but it really set the tone for the rest of the 2d zelda franchise)

OG Zelda needs a remake/remaster at this point. LttP still holds up fairly well. Link's Awakening had some weird glitchy and funky crap when I played it on Switch and some really obtuse backtracking that made it tedious. I remember it being better on Gameboy

>guy says something innocuous in post
>interpret it in absolute extremes just to make yourself mad

>What game should I start with?
A Link to the Past (SNES)
Very easy, controllable and straightforward with a simple gimmick (mirror). All later titles basically copy it.

In what order should I play the entire franchise?
Release order, of course.

Attached: Malon.jpg (1523x1044, 109.09K)

You start with Zelda 1.
Don't be afraid to look things up, as it is obtuse. Apart from that, it has aged very well.
If you play:
Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Zelda 3
OoT, Breath of the Wild
Then you'll know what the series is like and can decide if you want to keep going. Majora's Mask and the Oracle games would probably be next on my list.

2D
Link's Awakening
Link to the Past
Minish Cap
3D
Ocarina
Major's Mask
Then if you're hardcore play the NES games

Bingo.