32GB RAM

>32GB RAM
Let me guess, you need more?

Attached: RAM.png (800x400, 260.69K)

32 should be standard by todays world, 16 just doesnt feel enough

I have 128GB because it was cheap and I can see a couple of situations where it's actually necessary.

you always need more, user. web browsers in 1994 used to be a few hundred killobytes, at most a megabyte.
google chrome in 2022 requires 100 mb of hard drive space.

256gb is entry level these days.

fuck I just want a 1660 ti why are they still so expensive

>4 GB of ram? what do you need 2 GB for? 1 GB is enough for me. Here's your 512 MB

Attached: Clipboard01.png (1152x864, 1.09M)

You don't need more than 16 GB if it is decent, meaning at least 3200 mhz speed.

640kb is enough for anyone.

If you're on a budget just get 2x8GB and then pick up another 2x8GB later if you find that you need more.
Buying 2x16GB and only ever using half the capacity is a waste of money, and it's not like you'll ever need room for 4x16GB. Whatever machine you have now will be old junk by the time 64GB is necessary.
VRAM is a way bigger bottleneck these days.

If you only gaming then 16gb is more than enough even if you mod your games

>VRAM is a way bigger bottleneck these days.
Pretty much this, games rely mainly on vram nowadays.

huh?
What game requires 32GB of memory?

wrong

>play videos on youtube
>running discord
>running a server for minecraft/valheim/fotm
>photoshop open editing textures
>client for server game running, or just playing any game
>secondlife in background
>modded game
>running bloated windows

everything takes up huge amounts of ram now. 32GB is the bare minimum unless you literally just use a browser and play 1 game and don't multitask or alt-tab ever. I would seriously consider 64GB at this point. You can always have too little ram, but never not enough.

>Bought an 8 GB RAM back when building my first PC, back when everyone says 4 GB is more than enough to play games
>Fast forward to now, memory is always almost maxed out in task manager when playing games, can't even open web browsers while playing without affecting game performance
>If I want to upgrade my RAM I have to upgrade my mobo as well because newer RAM require different sockets that aren't compatible with my current mobo
I should probably upgrade my whole PC, but I can still play modern games in medium settings in 60 fps so I'll probably delay upgrading until I can only play them in low.

Who the fuck runs that much crap at once?

You don't need all those things open at once, the fuck is wrong with you?

I do

You don't need to upgrade but expand your ram capacity.

>ddr3

sure if you close all your background processes. what is this 2005? Fuck off

It's sad companies only optimize for bloat so they can sell more hardware, software and services.

how is 16 not good enough? what game even maxes it out?

I have 48GB since I upgraded my 16GB setup with 32GB and didn’t feel like taking out the 16GB.

It’s comfy.

None of them unless you're playing heavily modded or doing bullshit like 4K+raytracing.

16 is easily enough, 32 is just standard because RAM is cheap.

>only 32GB
lmao

Attached: 1656062447744.png (1390x870, 231.22K)

Traditionally good advice but it doesn’t really apply to ddr5 since 4 sticks will fuck your shit up.

anything that's modded

couldn't even play cities skylines because I modded it and it needed 18 of my 16 GB of ram to run