How do we fix the Stealth genre?!

How do we fix the Stealth genre?!

Attached: 165708782610.jpg (251x201, 10.06K)

stealth sucks when it's not the core aspect

maybe stop making games about avoiding combat

wait is ghost of tsushima a stealth game ?

By gatekeeping it.

add more platforming!

I will say that too many stealth games immediately trigger enemy base-wide alerts or even game overs as soon as you are spotted, without even giving you a chance to subdue whoever it was that spotted you

Add anal sex mechanics

By giving options, promote creativity rather than hiding in a bush and whistling until the enemies come over and you pick em off one by one. All stealth games should learn from MGS V where there are so many ways to be stealthy.

When your only experience of 'stealth' is from shit like nu-tomb raider, or last of us, then yeah I imagine you'd think stealth games suck.

Better AI on alert guards and some randomization to their routine during patrol. Maybe they decided to stop and take a smoke break in the middle because nobody is watching the watchman which prevents the player from KNOWING where the NPCs are.
An enhanced AI would also probably make the games run worse, though, like how Todd's famous cutting-edge Radiant AI made Oblivion run like ass while one NPC made it their life mission to steal ALL the bread.

stealth games have always been superior to straight up third person shooters, there's no fixing required

by letting it die. Stealth has already peaked a long time ago and everything since has been watered down garbage

The problem with stealth games is that you are designing a game around AVOIDING gameplay instead of engaging in actual gameplay.

There are stealth games I love despite them being stealth games not because of.

Ps stealth in Dishonored was fun but very easy

Go back to Thief 1 and 2 and try to build something from there. Looking Glass got it about as close to being perfect as they could back in 1998. It's why Chaos Theory is so good, they just copied a bunch of Thief shit and then added some more mechanics.

Attached: thief 1 and 2.png (1278x1436, 1.88M)

You can play stealthily or just run in and murder filthy Mongolians. It's actually tied to the story theme too.

Make it a turn-based genre again.

Attached: MGA2.jpg (660x374, 101.17K)

Make guards blind.

>zoomies dont have the patience to watch enemy patrols and weave through them
>ITS NOT MY FAULT! GENRE BAD!!!
What a surprise

>How do we fix the Stealth genre?!
no more crouch walking
no more vent crawling
more subterfuge

>have no stealth mechanics other than line of sight
>"stealth sux"
every fucking time

I finished ghost babel yesterday and it was really good.

It wasn't really the radiant AI that made Oblivion run like shit, it was the outdated 32 bit engine they used that was repurposed from Morrowind which was already outdated by then.

It's way better than it fucking deserves to be, even though the dialog fucking crawls along.

>stealth sucks
>games pictured have bad stealth
well, yeah, play a good stealth game instead

Any Forumsros, I can't wait for Gloomwood to release.