Was there any way to salvage the story of Starcraft 2?

Was there any way to salvage the story of Starcraft 2?

Attached: sc2.jpg (960x540, 370.09K)

Pretend that Brood War never happened.

no

Stop playing proto-ASSFAGGOTS garbage

Attached: 1611661313129.jpg (300x300, 10.65K)

How should they have done it?

Kill off Kerrigan so the retards at blizzard can think about someone else for once

Jim does the thing he said he'd do at the end of Brood War.
Rest of the games are figuring out how to stop Amon as the Hybrids become the front and center villain.

Yeah
Simp Raynor is a faggot and Kerrigan being the pet character like silvanas was for so long irreparably fucked up the entire story of sc2

A reminder that Kerrigan literally did nothing wrong.

they should have added hybrid as a fourth race and made the story revolve around how some hybrids disconnected from their hivemind and they try to bring the other three races together to stop the evil hybrids, but in starcraft fashion the three races betray each other along the way

Just cut all the Amon/Hybrid shit. I know it's like most of the story but it's so bad.
Individually I think the 3 campaigns are fine if you look at them in isolation but all the shit sticking them together sucks,

UED 2

>drop the teaser that the secret mission of brood war gave
Honestly that'd be worse than what we got

no hybrid, narud main villain

>play heart of swarm
>kerrigan captured protoss bitch
>"kerrigan, you killed countless terrans and protoss, you evil bitch"
>kerrigan unironically says "yeah, well, you killed even more zerg, so your not so good too, are ya now?"
>implying the lives of stupid, mindless, bug assholes who only real purpose is kill everything and cant feel anything is somehow just as important as terrans and protoss.

i was just flabbergasted by that exchange, were the writers of SC2 really TRYING to justify the lives of Zergs? i like them, they are good villains but they are just that, villians.

Remove the 4th race from the story. Make it an all out war between the 3 races. No peace. No reconciliation. Extreme Darwinism in outer space. Kerrigan becomes irredeemably evil and commits extreme atrocities. She gaslights everyone into killing each other. A reluctant Raynor kills Kerrigan at the last moment.

Wings of Liberty
>Keep as it is. Jims change of heart still kinda works since he is a bleeding heart and it is the woman he loves
>Zeratul prophecy doesn't make Kerrigan a deus ex machina meant to stop Amon
Heart of the Swarm
>Zagara is the leader, thrust into the task of needing to escape and evolve to take over. Her fellow queens are eating at one another to claim supremecy, but she uses her thinking to go out and attempt a rescue of Kerrigan as she follows a voice who helps her grow and evolve.
>Voice can either be Stukov, wanting to get revenge on Duran and thus helping to bring Kerrigan back into the swarm and destroy the Dominion. Or it could be Amon if you wanna continue the Hybrid route and she is being set to kill Kerrigan and prepare for the coming of the Xelnaga
>In the end, Mengsk and Narud fall. Jim and Kerrigan are brought onboard to help the Dominion deap with Amon.
>Depending on choices on Char, Warfield will survive
>No Primal Zerg
Legacy of the Void
>Mostly the same, but Kerrigan doesn't become some giant golden goddess and instead has basically become a mobile zerg counter to turn part of the hive against itself.
>Not everything is solved in the end. Amon was driven from the Khala and Protoss have lost that, but Tal'darim left to start attempting to become the Xel'naga, there are many zerg broods infecting much of Terran space still, The Dominion, Umojan's and Kel-Morian's has lost a lot of territory and currently attempting to reclaim it with War looming
>Jim is crippled and Kerrigan was purified by Amon to stop her meddling, so they retire.
>Cut to a remote and happy retirement home for them, Kerrigan clutching her pregnant stomach as the camera zooms out to show a Marine boot stomping outside along with some Zerg squelching noises as an Infected Tychus comments "Hope you didn't forget about me... Pardner..."

make turning Kerrigan human last minute decision due to Jims change of heart and have him struggle with that decision
let Kerrigan stay human and have her campaign to more focused on recapturing the hive, maybe creating cerebrates on her own to help her with that (maybe they will be artificial so terran can help)
not sure about legacy of the void tho, hots need too much rewriting to say for sure
also ppl might not remember it but brood war introduced hybrids but sc2 botched it with how non issue they seem in game

No Christ-like treatment for Kerrigan and no Amon (use Duran instead) and it would have been fine.

why does Kerrigan wants vengeance again?
she didnt cared in sc1
and in 2 she turned herself in to a zerg again
also why are we fighting her in WoL?
she seemed on anti narud team and zeratul had insight in all of this shit

WoL
>have Jim realize Tychus was in a deadman switch so he helped him out so Tychus joined for real, have the Spectre guy actually fight too instead of some .mp3, if you pick Nova then she still betrayed you because lolghost protocol
HotS
>Kerrigan is human for real this time, put a psychic explosive collar on her neck
>Zagara is the real leader of Zerg, and she agreed to help Kerrigan because Kerrigan helped her take a majority of the broken Swarm
>Jim and his buddies (Tychus, Swann, nerdguy, Spectre guy) are there to watch over and support Kerrigan
>endgame is Mengsk exiled since Kerrigan realized she was no better than him, she controlled Jim to shoot herself
LotV
>relatively similar to canon since last boss is Narud
>Jim helped out one last time before sacrificing himself to save everyone

>Narud
I told, my name is Duran! DURAN!

>BW was 40k lite
>SC2 was space wow
WoW literally killed Blizzard

Salvage? No unless you plan to ditch everything after the terran campaign and at that point are you really salvaging?
Redo? No because the blizzard post WoW basically cemented themselves in only being able to do the same type of story with the same type of character but in a different setting.

This, and keep it sci-fi. No fantasy shit with Duran being a demon.

SC2 is space WC3
>AN ANCIENT EVIL ARISES, WE MUST ALL TEAM UP TO DEFEAT THE BURNING LEG-I mean-AMON
>OH, AND THE ORC-I mean-ZURG WERE ACTUALLY NOBLE CREATURES THIS ENTIRE TIME
>PLUS THE ELV-I mean-PROTOSS HAVE TO GIVE UP THEIR IMMORTAL-I mean-KHALA

btw
i checked out one of the custom campaigns recently
dark tale or dark story or something like that
and its pretty good
protos shit is kinda sucks but zerg shit was great and played terran campaign isnt out yet
but writing actually surprised me