Why do people pretend the N64 was such a big deal? It definitely didn't sell enough for it to be

Why do people pretend the N64 was such a big deal? It definitely didn't sell enough for it to be.

Attached: file.png (461x1024, 384.28K)

Game sales were probably not as important back then because of game rentals.

When it comes to closed eco systems as far as nostalgic memories go, its more about the portion of total game sales for that console. Because of that Banjo dominates peoples memories while Croc doesnt.

it was the console they had, must defend childhood, but in reality the n64 was so ass it let playstation rise out of nowhere and take the lead

>sales = quality
>selling 3 million on a platform that sold 102 million = selling 3 million on a platform that sold 33 million
Shut up you fucking fag nigger

now do Croc 2 and Banjo-Tooie
Double nigger

That's what makes it all the more impressive. By all accounts Sega should have come out of that gen on top but they managed to lose it.

I think it says more about the extremely online nature of n64 fans

zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom

Nintendo manchildren have no life and are everywhere online. No games to play. So they participate in every poll to have their daddy Nintendo win everything. They have to promote and defend Nintendo at all costs.

Croc sucks.

Attached: Croc.png (1723x907, 81.64K)

exclusives create legacies, which is why they’re important to a brands image. those people who played N64 are gonna be with Nintendo until they die

I dont really see what this guy is getting at. A lot of stuff is popular at release and is quickly forgotten. Books, movies, music, etc.

I actually had Croc (on Saturn), it’s a decent game, but it isnt as good as B-K, not by a long shot. B-K is remembered more fondly than Croc because it is a better game, that simple.

I doubt it. We had a very limited amount of games vs the playstation and we lent them out to each other very often. Lots of people had banjo

croc is not a good game

croc is a better platformer, banjo's a better looking game but frankly a terrible platformer.

The N64 had fewer games, but enough of them were of such high quality that it still warranted a purchase. The PS1 is great too of course but it has comparatively more shovelware and I would say its best games have not aged as gracefully as the N64's best.
You could say the same for the Wii U. Yes, pretty much every major release has been ported except Xenoblade X but I think that's a testament to the fact that it was hardware and not software that led to the console's failure.

Attached: 47e45f838db38cec0d7e31ba52b7bea5.jpg (700x980, 60.6K)

Rent free

The fuck you talking about? Tons of my Ninten64fags jumped to dreamcast then ps2 right after. Only a handful stuck with gamecube.

>Retroactively using the attach rate argument
Tendies will never not be pathetic. I have the best-selling console for 3 decades in a row. My dad made a console, I make 1 new tic tac toe game for it every week and your mom buys it every time. 100% atrach rate

>croc is a better platformer
The basic movement in Croc sucks.

you know what was different about Banjo vs Croc?
people actually liked Banjo lol

the game for the first Harry Potter book sold about as much on PS1 too, no one fucking talks about it
Crash Team Racing sold less, but again, people actually like that game, so they talk about it

why does the N64 continue to mindbreak euros and thirdies this badly despite selling so comparatively poorly?

Attached: 1629428776657.png (461x461, 225.96K)

>but enough of them were of such high quality that it still warranted a purchase
This is a delusion based on a lack of experience. The games were often lower quality than popular PS1 games and the console had no answer to some of the biggest genres at the time such as horror and stealth and RPGs. N64 games today are notorious for their poor quality down to their horrendous framerate, pukey visuals and awful cameras - problems the PS1 managed to avoid.

use the dual analog mode.

>Completely anecdotal evidence.
I lent my copy of croc with my ps1 to at least 3 billion people.