Monster hunter

Is there a bigger joke in the entirety of Sunbreak than this?

Attached: 1642772046244.png (1150x610, 966.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gBkbyv4bgKo
mhrspeedrun.com/en/sbwiki/about/submit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the hammer. God Rise was shit. Can't wait for the next mainline game next year unless it got delayed.

I've heard nothing but universal praise about Surge Slash so since it came out, so probably

HBG got the short end of the stick in this expansion. Unless you're a speedrunner, every new silk skill is useless compare to counter/mobility. Crouching shot is shit in general.

Attached: WXDRL3bBuS9IkScpbt5f-1k05q3K7hQ5fLehueHvXeg.jpg (405x362, 21.58K)

LMFAO

It what way is it so bad, I don't play GS and you've obviously got a strong opinion about it

Should switch skills (excluding silkbinds) be in the next MH game?

>Should [trash added after 4U] be in the next MH game?
No.

Hammer is super fun, I'm sorry you're genetically predisposed to being a bitch

sunbreak was a mistake

Hammer in Rise is absolutely shit.

it's fine
youtube.com/watch?v=gBkbyv4bgKo

>no that's not fast enough it needs to die in 1 minute

reworked courage hammer is fun as fuck i dont see why everyone hates it so much

It's not that Surge Slash is bad, it's just SAS is so fucking busted there's no reason not to use it

I keep hearing people shit on everything, but I have yet to hear any valid reason for any of it besides retarded contrarianism

Attached: 1649915883775.gif (540x360, 2.55M)

Honestly switch skills are cool and could lead to more variety, but wirebugs should stay in the trash

what's the joke? GS is OP

Keep switch skills. No bugs.
Bring back farms.
Slow mining/gathering down back to world levels at least.
Slow the game down in general.

Welcome to monster hunter.

people think
>low on speedrun tier list = bad
when in reality, every weapon in sunbreak is overpowered. they all do retarded shit that is unheard of in older games and kill monsters extremely fast

Surge Slash would be mediocre even if Strongarm didn't exist. I switched back to charge slashes prior to unlocking the new counter because it just feels way better

Lemme see your guild card weapon numbers.

Attached: 99792399_p0.jpg (1536x2048, 576.45K)

Sunbreak > Iceborne for me. I have almost nothing but praise for it. It's fast and fun and way more difficult while still being fair (not counting Alatreon/Fatalis)

let me see your tits, tanzia whore

what is ta wiki rules

Show us your pus first

Have you considered you just suck with it because you're used to playing the old style for a decade

No pets/no traps/no pickup items like paratoads/no heroics basically

tl;dr

>no items (besides simple things like buff consumables and potions)
>no disables like wyvern riding
>no buddies
>final destination

how do you remove buddies entirely what? i thought you were forced to have at least one

yeah that's mh discussion on Any Forums, just endless shit flinging

>3'55 when gunner weapons are getting 2 minute kills on afflicted monsters

lol

Nah you're gay

Surge slash is so fucking worthless.

Sure

Attached: 1643928792813.png (1820x1275, 3.11M)

Go to the buddy board and unselect them
This admittedly took me a while to figure out too when I first started playing Rise

Surge Slash is incredibly versatile, fun to use and has the same DPS as traditional charge GS.
The issue is Strongarm being broken as fuck, every other GS style pales in comparison to counter spam.

you can unequip them like they're gear at the buddy board

>thumbnail uses a photo of the hammer keychain for some reason
>didnt even bother to shop out the chain
why?

Attached: Genuine-Monster-Hunter-Rise-Weapon-and-Equipment-Icon-Blind-Box-Capsule-Toy-Acrylic-Pendant-Keychain.jpg (1000x1000, 285.49K)

Welcome to every monster hunter

everything is shit compared to guns in every single monster hunter game. guns are designed for executing the monster like it's a rabid dog, usually in groups while spamming CC

>gunigger
lol

How do you even suck at Surge Slash when it's so braindead simple and limiting in its options
You can't say I didn't give it a fair chance either when I did at least 40 hunts with that trash

>tfw have to wage slave instead of play monhun all day

Attached: card.jpg (1211x855, 189.6K)

yeah but you arent

I never thought I'd say it, but I hope if we have to stick with nu-MH, I'd rather have World where the hunters don't have 40 million things they can do to invalidate the monsters attacks. If your reaction time is even relatively decent none of the fights in Rise can pose a threat to you, not even the A-Rank quests.

Beats me man but you clearly pulled it off

[My weapon] feels fucking awful now
Why the fuck did they have to ruin it?

Attached: 1613184014901.jpg (617x960, 36.75K)

>I'd rather have World where the hunters don't have 40 million things they can do to invalidate the monsters attacks.
??????????????

Attached: invalidated.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

how is it simple and limiting? it's more complex than tackle spam

Because Capcom wants you to play [my weapon] instead

How is surge slash less complicated than a style just just fishes for the 2 bug counter all hunt

1 weapon vs every single weapon.
I would rather go back to World. I'm not saying Rise and Sunbreak are outright awful mind you, I just hope that all hunters aren't ultimate gods with counters and loads of I-frames next game.

Attached: 20220725212137_1.jpg (1920x1080, 497.45K)

>webm showing off how retarded mantles are (can be equipped by any weapon)
>"it's just one weapon"
what did the retard mean by this? That guy doesn't even demonstrate any of the things LS can do

>getting pissed off at Astalos not dropping his Mantle
>20 or so hunts go by
>start changing weapons and outfits to break the monotony
>finally put on Sailor legs, hide display of all other slots as a joke
>Mantle first try after that
Remember to wear your good luck panties, bros.

Attached: 1382858799221.gif (1280x1024, 213.56K)

>grugsteady mantle
>1 weapon

Attached: 1650916127102(1).png (234x242, 83.43K)

>Surge Slash would be mediocre
Why? It's quick access to 1500-2000ish damage that potentially leads into thousands more with very little commitment to your attacks.

How did randoms get so bad at gaismagorm so fast? A few days ago, I did 12 kills w/ randoms and never failed but today I've had 3 in a row, shit makes me want to stab my eyes out.
>Do it solo
i dont wanna

>simple
Don't have to know opening length to gauge how much you want to charge before letting go. Surge Slash is incredibly beginner friendly in this regard since it's way easier to just keep comboing until the last second, particularly on moving monsters

>limiting
You have to go through the entire combo to get to the hits that actually matter or use ACS which is awkward at times when you don't want the sliding it gives

>hurr mantles
Don't care, still not nearly as bad as Wirebugs, wyvern riding and monsters fucking off right after wyvern riding occurs.
Mantles weren't good either, but they sure as shit weren't as bad as all the shit tied into wirebugs and switch skills that are far easier to abuse.

Yesterday I joined into a Afflicted Rathian that was 3 girl hunters in sailor outfits all with hunting horns was funny as shit

lmao, at least bingbugs require a BUTTON PRESS
this shit is completely passive invincibility on a timer. you don't have to lift a fucking finger after the thing is on.

Attached: 123346689794.webm (1192x654, 2.56M)

lbg will probably shoot to the top again once I start getting lazy

Attached: MonsterHunterRise 2022-07-25 19-26-17.jpg (2560x1440, 1.21M)

>dont wanna
Do it anyway. Wasting 30-60 minutes failing quests is objectively more annoying than just killing it in 15 minutes by yourself.

Hammer is much, much improved in sunbreak. It's even possible to kill things with it now.

GSfags are so sad. I play on PC and I use a mod called MHR Overlay to see how much damage everyone in the lobby is doing and most of the time GSfags are dead last with like 10% total damage.
I don't know what's their problem, by all means GS should be fucking busted but seems like its players are just bad and whiff and use the wrong moves all the time. I don't know.

mhrspeedrun.com/en/sbwiki/about/submit/
Japs went full retard on the rules for SB. Also note if you are non japanese on PC your runs are tossed into the cheat/reference catagorey automatically

not even worth a (you) desu

awkward crop

I agree from a gameplay perspective. Hammer is basically a 1 button weapon.
>Hold R and release for hit and run
>Impact Crater on down + Stand still and Release R at full charge.

That's all you need. Sure, you can do other things for small DPS gains/drops, but overall your bread and butter will be holding and releasing R with no combos.

what do i win

Attached: jhyfghjgghj.jpg (931x610, 101.38K)

The difference was I could boot from my lobby someone for using faggot OP mantles, I can't for Wirebugs because its tied into way too much shit.

GS probably impossible in MP especially with monster constantly chasing gunners and those fags who basically don’t attack unless the monster is downed

I didn't take a screenshot but like 380 Dual Blades and 315 Lance last time I checked

Boot them anyway

>if you are non japanese on PC your runs are tossed into the cheat/reference catagorey automatically
Of course, you can't trust PCfags to not cheat

>3 shimapan huntress squad with 12 different buffs active
I couldn't name a single better team to meet online.

Attached: kdunYY7[1].png (941x881, 735.8K)

used to be worse in mhw

Attached: kaJyfIUo.jpg (706x768, 159.95K)

>I use a mod called MHR Overlay
End thyself

Japanese PC are allowed. It's the non japs that arent allowed