Can we please, please, please, go back to linearity now. I bought your game, played it, had fun...

Can we please, please, please, go back to linearity now. I bought your game, played it, had fun, but I don't want this open world shit to become the norm for Souls games.

Attached: 5de6658946177c5f23698932_24__1_3.jpg (500x706, 40.38K)

SOULs gaymes have akways sucked the shit out of some fags asshole. It's your fault for playing them. Suffer why I watch and eat popcorn.

Strongly agree.

Can't you basically play it as if was linear if you want to? Just follow the graces to the next boss

Yeah I wish the open world meme would die already. But it made the most money because of normies and its here to stay

After you beat it once just grand merchant items to yourself and blitz the remembrance bosses. I agree though. The open world makes the thought of doing a full play through on non ng+ exhausting

Yup. This is it- this right here is the genuine downfall of SOULS games. Just look at this fucking picture - it says it all. It is quite certainly r*ddit incarnate, don't believe me yet? Just get a load of this:

>DeS
Niche audience simply because PS3s weren't widely owned back then
>DS1
Still fairly niche, obtuse and intimidated enough to gatekeep mainstream gamers
>DS2
Bamco try to cash in on the difficulty meme, a wave of underage normies become fans
>Bloodborne
Loved by redditors and women for the lovecraftian horror setting, also easy to play so extremely mainstream audience
>DS3
The last few redditors who couldn't get into DS1 enter here because it's a bit faster and smoother like BB
>Sekiro
Big curveball, suddenly the redditors have to have sense of timing to progress through the game. Filters millions. A step in the right direction.
>Elden Ring
Hyped to unprecedented levels, eclipses all other games and becomes the new assassin's creed/call of duty. Goes beyond reddit appeal and pulls the absolute lowest dregs into the "fanbase", which doesn't really exist at this level of popularity.

it's been a slow decline, hard to pinpoint to specific moment. But Elden Ring has certainly sealed the deal. Body type A/B and Gender Coffins is just the beginning, why do normies have to ruin fucking everything they get their hands on?

Attached: 1650848467705.jpg (1080x1166, 250.53K)

I tried, it is a total slog even with a guide to straight shot the best gear.
>
No because you need gear so that you can stand a chance against bosses, also see above.
Don't forget DS2's "LOL DEATH COUNTER STATUE"

>No because you need gear so that you can stand a chance against bosses
I made it through most of my playthrough with just a longsword. Only around the capital did I feel like I wasn't doing enough damage.
>it is a total slog even with a guide to straight shot the best gear
How is it a slog if lots of good gear can be found basically right at the start if you have a guide and know where to go.

This but unironically.

Imagine a DeS-structured game with 3x the dev time.

It's always funny to me when people cry about "le difficulty meme" not realizing it's been there since the original release of Dark Souls.

Attached: 672493-dark-souls-playstation-3-back-cover.jpg (800x921, 220.35K)

You know how I know you never played Bloodborne?

My biggest issue was the balance was catastrophically fucked in this game because you were a Dark Souls character fighting goddamn Sekiro bosses. Make Quickstep the default dodge, addthe Deflection mechanic from Sekiro, and fuck off with Elden Beast and Godskin Duo.

It was fucked but not for the reasons you posted, I can just tell you are trash at the game

Too bad the game is the best selling in the series. Every title in the future is not only going to be open world, it will also be more accessible (easier and shittier) and yet another iteration of the same garbage, every other year, and then every year. One day Miyasaki will be gone, these games will be produced by western they/thems and you'll still buy them, because that's your nature, you're a good goy. Always will be.

Attached: https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_c3f7e5b2-5506-4ec1-af70-358f6addd956_324x406.jpg (324x406, 31.7K)

>it will also be more accessible (easier and shittier)
Elden Ring is the hardest game in the series though.

You're simply not a real human being. Imagine being given the option to roam free, forge the path of your choice and preferring instead to be told what to do.

You're not human. You're not a man. You're a herd animal

I just want 2-4 player complete co-op so I can make support builds and adventure with people the whole time and not just for boss fights because I almost never summon anyone and I hate joining and leaving people so quickly.

>Suckiro
Has about as much in common with Souls as Armored Core. Just because it's an action game by From doesn't make it Souls-like.

>literally uses same code as Souls
>nothing in common with Souls

these are the kinds of thoughts that are considered acceptable to post on Any Forums

>It's REDDIT! It's REDDIT! It's REDDIT!
Yes, Mr. Sherman, everything is Reddit.

I mean the OP started off by saying he wants souls games to become more linear so you should have expected the thread to be full of tards

>Crying about the gender coffin
Opinion discarded

And you have shit taste.

Yes I want the series to go back to how it was before Elden Shit happened. It got more sales because it was hyped, no other reason. The normies aren't going to stick around like me or other hardcore players will. These sales will not continue to grow like From thinks. They will slowly get worse.

You mean like Demon's Souls, DS1 and DS2 which were all extremely nonlinear?

Sounds like you've literally only played DS3 my dude.

You don't understand what linear means.

fuck off baby

>Des
Nonlinear
>DS1
Nonlinear
>DS2
Nonlinear
>BB
Nonlinear
>DS3
Linear
>Sekiro
Nonlinear

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Fuck off casual.

No, you don't understand what linear means. What you are looking for is "open world"

You hate open world games (probably because Any Forums told you to). Nonlinear has absolutely nothing to do with being open world. Literally every single souls games EXCEPT DS3 was nonlinear. All nonlinear means is that there's multiple choices and paths of progression you can take as opposed to one. Anyone opposed to that is an actual subhuman

>only played DS3
>calls others casuals

lol

Open world is here to stay

Attached: Capture.png (689x562, 544.33K)