Factorio

This is my fisrt playthrough, what do I do next?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-25 155647-min.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

factoriocheatsheet.com/#basic-power
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

autism

Now build THE CENTRIFUGE

Attached: 1642933057531.webm (1014x944, 2.72M)

Make a bus

Research new stuff, build factories to make things you need to research new stuff, lose your mind over trains and oil.

This game is really fun right now but I don't think I have enough brain power to build that.

Should I have multiple bases or try to just have one main base?

Expand production, make more things at once, mine more resources at once, THE FACTORY MUST GROW

But seriously, the biggest tip I can give is that you should automate the production of things like inserters, assembling machines, electric poles, belts, everything you need to make the factory bigger. It will be much easier to expand if you can just run over and pick up the things you need rather than handcrafting things like assemblers.

build a belt with iron gears and green circuits and make a basic mall that produces the belts, the inserters, electric miners and anything you need.

If you're just playing normally and not doing megabase autism grids you won't really need more than one base where you funnel all the resources, but it's up to you. It's fine to stay on one spot until you've mined everything there, which is gonna take some time at first before the raw material consumption gets out of hand and you have to expand. You'll know when you have to scale up your smelting and organize remote mining outposts and by that time you'll probably have everything ready for some basic trains.

Don't worry, he didn't either.
But in all seriousness, start looking towards oil and plastics. These will let you start making electric furnaces so you can free up space around your furnaces for easier design space and also other stuff.

some ratios:
it takes 30 miners to completely fill a yellow belt.
1 water pump to 20 boilers and 40 steam engines.

factoriocheatsheet.com/#basic-power

I automated a ton of guns and ammo production in my first playthrough because I thought resources didn't exhaust, turns out they do, but hey, at least I had like 30 defensive turrets attached to crates stacked with virtually infinite ammo.

you will never play Factorio for the first time again

Attached: a0Zxgqz_460svvp9.webm (220x160, 24.56K)

Download a blueprint for a mall

>1 water pump to 20 boilers and 40 steam engines
...Not 14 boilers and 28 steam engines?

unless you're playing on death world, I recommend getting rid of that wall and turrets, your base needs to be a lot bigger
getting attacked at this point would be uncommon, and if you do, you can either clear the nest, or plop down 4 turrets in a square and surround them with a wall, just manually feed them 30 magazines each and you're good

I'm modding for the first tie and playing with bob+angel's mods right now and it's pretty close. Feels great to be back to spaghetti, awkward space usage and long-ass belts. I try to not look anything up unless I absolutely have to so it's just comfy building at my own pace.

Did you delete your first base?
it is really hilarious/embarrassing to see your first base

keep researching until you run out of stuff that you can research with only red
then solve for green science
then keep researching until you run out of stuff that you can research with only red/green
repeat through to space science
get back to me then

I keep all my saves and bases and screenshot them from time to time. I "finished" the game like three separate times (as in launched a rocket) before I started looking up blueprints, ratios and how to actually optimize things. There's a lot of good ways to build a good factory but only one way to build your own.

Attached: Factorio 2018-05-06 18-15-44-43.jpg (1920x1080, 288.52K)

phase out the steam engines for more solar and batteries