Anyone remember that period of time in gaming when

Anyone remember that period of time from like 2005 to 2012 where almost every western video game protagonist had to be more badass, more strong, and have an even more tragic backstory than the last cool guy that came along? It's almost hilarious in retrospect, but honestly, it was a better time than we're in now where every protagonist is boring.

Attached: PSX_20220725_144239.jpg (1277x1654, 234.57K)

these are anti-heros

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, Starkiller was fucking badass.

Attached: 1647883396466.jpg (1280x721, 247.83K)

Uhhhh... Yeah, uhuhuh. That was cool.

Attached: butt-head.jpg (450x500, 50.12K)

Death was great. My favorite to come out of the edgy anti-hero era. Miss him like you wouldn't believe.

>All games have Prince of Persia climbing sections
I'm so damn glad it's over, I can't stand that shit even in Tomb Raider

Attached: Consider.jpg (259x195, 7.59K)

And now we have Uncharted climbing sections. At least the PoP sections in games like Darksiders 2 felt nice and didn't take 5-10 minutes to complete.

Attached: 4.jpg (1920x1080, 358.98K)

I really miss them.

Redpill me on Star Wars The Force Unleashed games

I'd argue old Kratos was a straight up villain. It was villain vs villains. New Kratos is more of anti hero.

Which one? The original, or the clone?

I hate both, I just hate this waste of time
This is why I like DMCV for trimming and minimizing this shit
For being "action" games they sure insert a lot of boring filler

>Kratos
>the villain
>in any of the games

The villain in almost every game was some god being a dick
Not saying Kratos is a saint, bloodthirsty and fueled by revenge in the main series made him a huge dick who killed any one in his way, but he is not a villain in his story
In the prequels his quests are even to save other people
He goes on a mission to rescue his brother, his mother, goes to investigating why people are dying in a place and the gods dont give a shit about it
Kratos is an anti hero, not a villain

He was literally a war lord that murders and rapes entire cities burns them to the ground, only cares about getting revenge and doesnt give a single fuck if everyone dies in the process burning down all of greece if he must. Which he basically did.
New Kratos just wants to be left alone and raise his kid.

DMCV does have boring sections tho, it's called Nero and V. Dante should've been the only playable character

Attached: vgameplay.webm (1280x720, 1.82M)

?

Attached: 1636476031609.png (874x699, 1.09M)

>Filtered by the GOAT

Attached: Nero Devil Trigger.jpg (2400x1472, 995.5K)

>Implying he's gone
Keep hope friend we're going to get that game with all 4 horsemen someday.

In TFU2 you get to decapitate stormtroopers and make then commit suicide with your mind trick

Ok but can you join the good guys (Empire)?