Here's the thing, this feel like a Souls game from the PS2 era. Less focus on narrative and rougher around the edges...

Here's the thing, this feel like a Souls game from the PS2 era. Less focus on narrative and rougher around the edges, but loaded with content with a clear focus on GAMEPLAY. It's the most "gamey" Souls game, and therefore the best.

Attached: 1657190023451.png (350x494, 227.81K)

Explain how any of the games have less of a focus on gameplay.

It has the most intrusive storyshit and cutscenes in the series

Shhh don't tell shitposters that being called a "PS2 game" isn't actually an insult to the game, this particular remark makes them really obvious.

It's the best because it has the most depth, wide amounts of level and gameplay variety, the most challenging levels and tricky enemy placements, infinitely replayable, highest skill and tactical combat, lots of freedom and non-linear progression. Best dlc too which in Scholar feels less like dlc and is integrated really well.

>the worst hitboxes in any game I've ever played
>"focus on gameplay"

Sekiro and BB are the only games standing the test of time. Pick up DS2 and play it. It makes ER feel like fucking DMC

Yeah but the gameplay is BAD.

>Playing DS2 like a hack n slash action game
That's your problem not the game's. 2 stands the test of time the best because it's uniquely tactical and rewards careful deliberation, strategy, and patience over flash. If I want a faster sword combat game i'm playing Ninja Gaiden over Sekiro because it's way faster and more fluid and gives you more weapons. And if I want a faster Souls like game Nioh is better than either BB or ER which are both a lot clunkier in comparison. 2 is really the sweet spot. More depth and better mechanics than DS1, but not so spammy and action focused as their later games either. I'd kill for another DS2 style game but we'll never get it because ER sold a gazaillion copies and people want shallow mashy gameplay.

Dark souls 2 is full of shit tier bosses tho

There's nothing tactical about any of these games and they're piss easy just rolling and poking. Tactics don't even come into play until Sekiro, when they started introducing silver bullets of specific consumable or prosthetics to hard counter bosses. BB toyed with this too, with things like blood wine and music box completely turning off bosses, but it's still being integrated even better in ER.
Nioh sucks as an adventure game, so do all the other games mentioned. That doesn't mean I don't want better and faster combat within the confines of my adventure game.
There is zero depth in DS2 and it's bloated. None of the games are deep, but BB and Sekiro are more fun than DS2, and they just have things like better atmosphere, level design, enemy design, bosses, etc, that are the core experience of the franchise.
I don't even know what a DS2-styled game would be. A slower souls with bad levels and enemies and bosses, but it has shit like bonfire ascetics and NG+ enemy placement? No thanks. No more bloated pieces of shit like DS2/ER

>less focus on narrative
>narrative
Damn. this is how I know DS2 lovers have gone full blown artsy in trying to make the game seem great. What fucking souls game has a massive focus on narrative? because last I checked they all bury it under 2deep4u levels of item descriptions.

>Less focus on narrative
But it's the one with the most coherent story

Attached: Vendrick-DSII-персонажи-Dark-Souls-2-Dark-Souls-6399745.png (1979x1400, 2.45M)

Let me spoonfeed Any Forums. Hating DS2 is a tranny psyop because the sex-change coffin triggered the discord troons

And here we go again.
>Sees Dark Souls 2.
>Mind INSTANTLY and IMMEDIATELY jump to trannies.
You're mindbroken. You shouldn't instantly think about these degenerates when seeing normal things. It's like seeing a picture of a flower and having your head scream COPROPHILIA.

This feels like a Souls game from the B-Team.

You are a secondary whos first souls game was 2. Go back.

you feel like a souls game from the b-team

thanks

Attached: 1596381937896.jpg (1440x787, 241.71K)

Shit list. 3 is better than 1 and DeS in just about every single way.

3 is casualized braindead spammy linear reddit youtube trash

Stamina management intrinsically encourages more tactical and strategic gameplay. Something that's basically been stripped out since. Rolling had more depth in 2 because roll distance was tied to equip load. A character at 55% equip load would behave differently than someone at 35%. Equip load barely matters anymore and everyone is rolling the same up to 69%. Your stamina refilled faster the lower your equip load was. Which again is actually important because stamina is a thing to manage in 2. You could balance a lower stamina pool with a low equip load if it meant your stamina was regenerating very fast. There's a lot more character depth, customization, and tons of combinations and builds to play with. Duel wielding was better handled and allowed practically infinite combinations of weapons and that's before even getting into powerstancing, which no, ER doesn't have.
>better and faster combat
Faster doesn't equal better. BB may be faster but it's also shallow and spammy. The game just encourages you to mash to refill your health after getting hit. And Sekiro has no variety or other weapons to play with. But anyway Nioh and Ninja Gaiden are much faster than Sekiro or BB. So if that's what you want Sekiro and BB are slow and clunky as shit in comparison. And they don't even feel like adventure games so they don't even have that going for them either. While 2 is non-linear and has a wide variety of gamplay scenarios and challenges that more fit an adventure game.
>BB and Sekiro are more fun than DS2, and they just have things like better atmosphere, level design, enemy design, bosses, etc, that are the core experience of the franchise.
I disagree and those are all just subjective feelings. I think tactical and deliberate gameplay is more of a core to the experience and DS2 is a lot more that than BB is.

Go play Code Vein and Darksiders III

iron bridge pvp will always be hands down the best pvp experience i've ever had and nothing even comes close, admit it ds2 is the best game in the series by a mile.