Why is red dead redemption 2 so good?

I usually don't replay games after I fully 100% them, or when I feel like "Completed" what I want. RDR2 was going to be one of those games that gathered dust on my shelf but I've just gotten this urge of replaying it. Sure, the story is fantastic and the controls are great, but I can't really put my finger on WHY I wanted to replay it so damn much. Is rockstar MKULTRA-ing my ass?

Attached: Morgan.jpg (640x360, 39.93K)

Sorry for mid picture by the way, I couldn't find a good one jfc.

Attached: Matrix.jpg (225x225, 14.13K)

I also just remembered rockstar took 5 HOURS OF CONTENT away from us and want to die now.

Attached: Killme.jpg (680x734, 36.79K)

Bumping

Attached: Bump.jpg (595x398, 27.46K)

Its over

NOTHING IS OVER! NOTHING! YOU DON'T JUST TURN IT OFF!

Attached: Nothing.jpg (1280x544, 66.26K)

It's not. It's boring and generic as fuck.

I didn't feel that. I thought it was great. We have different taste and that's okay.

Interactive Netflix show forced walk and talk bullshit with fucking garbage controls and added piss meter management mechanics just for an extra kick in the teeth. Oh and the shootouts are about as interesting as a fucking coconut shy. I bought this game on sale last Friday to give it another chance and it still sucks just as hard as I remembered.

I'll admit, the core managements are shit. have to do this thing and that thing for what? it's horseshit.

Though, gotta disagree with the shootout part. In the story missions especially, It had fuckton of great shootouts.

Not to mention every single action needs a 10 second long unskippable "realistic" animation attached to it. How the hell do you manage to make looting boring? No I don't want to open the next drawer, I want to turn the fucking game off.

That too. just one quick press of X, show me the collectibles, then let me piss off.

What's this about?

I don't think I must have played for long enough to see the good shootouts. I think when I played it on PS4 I was just about to go back to Blackwater but I was so fed up of the game by that point that I dropped it. All the shootouts that I did do were basically taking cover behind a box in the middle of a shooting gallery and picking off stationary targets.

>spergy zoomers filtered by slow burn western kino
Many such cases

I've had the same feeling lately. Great game.

The replies in this thread seem to be going up but the IP's do not

Attached: 1657063784843.png (2500x1497, 2.33M)

sounds like you're just gay

Care to expand user?

probably talking about the cut content. The ones that really gets me is the mystery about Emerald Ranch, there's even dialogue from Hosea during main mission about it. All that's left is the woman looking at you from the window.

Rockstar cut a shit ton of content, what a surprise.