Is it really that good?

Is it really that good?

Attached: pathfinder scores.jpg (460x215, 47.48K)

too many liberal propaganda

It will be once EE releases

First one is a dozen times better.

Mechanics - WotR>Kingmaker
Everything else - Kingmaker>WotR

Attached: 1622306900990.jpg (1920x1080, 416.77K)

Aggressively average sums it up. Those reviews are shills or people who only played up to act 2.
The party characters are mostly poor barring 2 or 3, such as Regill, and they don't have enough dialogue for them regardless. The side quests are meh, the main quest is formulaic, the crusade mechanic is pointless time wasting filler shit that pads out the hours instead of having actual fucking content, a bunch of Mythic paths are basically unfinished and have fuck all content, and the list goes on. I'd wait for the EE at this point, I regret playing it.

Really?

>game is about becoming a god and killing the strongest beings in the universe
>heres dlc where you play side characters from 5 minute tutorial haha lol
FUCK YOU

Attached: 1602608809965.jpg (1080x1440, 80.06K)

It barely has any competition. Divinity: Original Sin 2 has better gameplay and far better encounters but the story, characters, and last acts are so bad it almost feels like a joke. PoE 1 and 2 are not even worth mentioning because they fucking suck. Tyranny was good but the retards at Obsidian wasted their time and budget on the wrong game so it's unfinished.

Yeah it's good but Kingmaker is better. Demons are gay. I put 320 hours into Kingmaker but only 150 into WotR. The crusade system is even worse than kingdom management.

It's not that good, but it's pretty good considering lack of new cRPGs.
Let's say it suffers from adapting original tabletop module written by an agressive SJW Amber Scott. If you are offended by le stronk nigger women paladins or interracial translesbians, you'll see them immediately in the first 15-30 minites. Good news: it is extremely frontloaded and you can kill them later on some evil mythic paths.
Bad news: you are stuck with translesbian as your advisor until then (and you won't know she's MtF trans (drank permanent sex change potion) unless you pass Diplomacy 50 check).
If you can ignore those atavisms of tabletop writing, it's mostly fine.

I hope they remake Tyranny someday and actually finish it. I really liked it.

Trans shit bugs me, but everything else I can stomach.

Apparently the "campaign large scale" stuff fucking sucks

It becomes better if you accept that this is fantasyland and polymorphing creatures, spells and potions are rather common. If you are a wizard of high enough level, you can be anyone you want.

Which is more powerful between Lich and Angel gameplay wise? I'll probably only do one more play through and I haven't done either mythic. I've heard Angel has cooler moments in general. I'm guessing the undead companions are kind of underwhelming too, but not many games actually let you be a Lich so that's something.

Bad game

That could help, I don't like aggressive "activism" or whatever in my escapism. If the characters are at least likeable or whatever I can tolerate it. If it's heavy on "THE MESSEGE" than I'll want to eat chipotle and have a mighty shit to forget about it.

Angel can share far more buffs between party members than Lich but Lich has way better means of wiping out encounters instantly and Repurpose is the single best spell in the game.
Angel does have cooler moments though.

Lich has best archer companion in the game, and generally way stronger, so if you play on core it's better to pick it
But angel has party buffs, and the intended mythic path to play the game

lich
>free skeleton companion
>ultimate arcane caster, merges with 9/9 arcane casters to become even stronger
>unique (though meh) undead companions
>can resurrect fallen enemies as allies, imagine getting those bighuge demons on your side (permanent until you leave the location, also they don't despawn on rest)
>no romances
angel
>ultimate divine caster, merges with 9/9 divine casters to become even stronger
>can go full doomguy on them demons
>can summon holy orbital strikes
>can grant immunities to almost every single debuff to the whole party
>his fear spells ignore fear immunity
>burns Deskari's realm in its entirety
>can romance Galfrey

Lich is absurdly broken with merged spellbooks and making a zombie army of overtuned defeated enemies which you can fully heal while nuking everything is really fun but the Angel story is better.

Well, THE MESSAGE doesn't feel forced here. Black paladin woman actually has an internal conflict because she isn't very good at being a paladin and has several different ending depending on your interactions with her.

Not being a Mary Sue is a plus. Like I said in the past I played the Diablo II paladin with zero issues at his race. My only issue is being force fed shit when I'm trying to escape into a fantasy world for a bit. I am definitely interested, I'll probably pick it up if it goes on sale or something.

It's worth noting that both of them let you make really good use of mystic theurge, where your MC ends up with sorcerer and oracle at caster levels 21 and 19.
>but why?
Because then you can get away with having just one full caster in your party, the MC, while everyone else is a martial supercharged with a skald mercenary. Very strong setup overall.

This characters are likeable, except cowardly half orc
So that won't be a problem
I would say that she acts more like chaotic good than normal paladin is a big problem, but she's iconic character and devs couldn't do anything about her. And even she called desna's cultists a bunch of retards who deserved to be killed by Hulrun, so she's okay in my book

>the other thread deleted
lol
lmao

We had another thread?
Damn

>and the intended mythic path to play the game
Not much of a milestone in this particular comparison, because Lich is also an intended mythic path

Attached: anton-lavrushkin-lich.jpg (1920x991, 675.07K)

Likable is good. A bit strange that there would be a cowardly half orc. I figured the orc half would give them confidence in a fight.