So uh...why did Blizzard randomly kill it?

So uh...why did Blizzard randomly kill it?

Attached: fb-share-1fcc54becc.jpg (1200x630, 924.58K)

Initial monitization attempts made the game appear pay to win or far over costed. This clearly demonstrates their desire/expectations for shit tons of money at launch that was never met.
Eventually it was backpedaled on and a core player base was attracted.
Blizz then tried to for the ESports angle as all of their modern games MUST be at the level or greater of Star Craft's success.
Naturally this upset the player base, but also never took off with how relaxed the game was.
So may as well dump it since it's not making Diablo Immortal levels of money off of whales.

Because it's a shit game with a tiny playerbase and barely any profits
>take a dumbed down version of a dumbed down version of a game and dumb it down even harder
>literally design it and pitch it as a casual game but then force an artificial esports scene into it
>it fails
>WOWWW WHAT HAPPENED

Its a shame too, if they made it more like a traditional moba I may have gotten into it more

>Artificially build a tournament scene from the top to the bottom instead of organically from the ground up

What could possibly go wrong.

It's a great game in spite of the rest of blizzard trying to kill it at every step of the way. If the HotS team was fully left alone, I can only imagine what all we would have.

I still love this game and play it at least 8 hours a week on average

>they killed hots before Lei Shen and Denathrius could become characters
makes me sad.

Attached: John Denathrius.png (640x750, 860.67K)

I'm sad that we have no Lady Vashj.

Trannies

Yeah they should've finished off the WC3 heroes.
>Sea Witch (Vashj/Azsjara)
>Pit Lord (Magtheridon/Mannoroth)
>Shadow Hunter (Vol'jin/Rokhan)

Attached: Mannoroth.gif (480x203, 1.77M)

Video game companies are companies.
Usually, companies like to make money.

Unironically their best game since wotlk

being able to jack off to a game doesn't make it good

They still could.
Their problem with it was it didn't become a No.1 e-sport game, so they dropped it.

Yea, it's just a bonus on top of an already good game.
Of course I hate DotA and LoL so I don't think it's bad for not being more "in depth" like them.

>take a dumbed down version of a dumbed down version of a game and dumb it down even harder

speaking literally this is incorrect since Dota All Stars is a much more cerebral game than WC3.

It was the best moba though

>Arrived too late to the MOBA party when LoL and Dota had already taken the lion's share of the market
>pushed the meme esports aspect in spite of HOTS having an ultra casual take on the genre
>Since it was not a massive, booming success overnight, Blizz started taking staff off the team creating a negative loop where less content meant less players which meant less devs

It's yet another case study on Blizzard being wholly incompetent as a company from the top down

Because MOBA’s are dogshit and not a single one is worth playing.

They should have just made dota 2 when they were still a respectable company

Because Blizzard is probably the worst major developer in he world.

eeeeeeeeeesports focus in a game that was primed to dominate the casual market.
also fatrexstrasza ruined it.
fucking fatass peggy bundy lookalike.

They made it fun and MoBA players hate fun.

Blizzard actually took Valve to court over the ownership of the DotA trademark

They lost, lmao

For me it's
>Denathrius
>Baal
>Doomfist

Hey zoomer, all the way up to like 2006, video game companies made games based on what they thought would be new, unique, interesting and fun, and took huge risks with ideas when they could have done something safe and guaranteed more money. Its only your nu game industry that is run by business men and not gamers, because you keep supporting the new business model.

They simply released an inferior moba a decade too late. There's really not much else to say.

it's strange they never even considered making dota it's own game, even at the height of it's popularity