What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 7aJhOMuJALdBPqZHVy3CgJsg.jpg (1010x1024, 372.43K)

they took the foundation they built (the first game) and discarded it for some reason

No zombies, worse combat, copy paste locations, shitty virus retcon and shitty diablo loot grind.

The first game is better
Didn't just make First Game + more and better content

The karaoke rap part was one of the gayest things ever. Even if the developers were trying to be ironic it was still gay as fuck.

>Better gameplay but worse story
Nothing really. It was everything I wanted out of a sequel.

Doesn't seem too bad so far, but I just started playing it the other day.

It feels a bit more cartoonish than the last game is my complaint right now and the Survivors faction seem like insufferable faggots, and I want to team up with the Peacekeepers just in hopes they'll all be lynched. Also, the networking is worse which is unfortunate.

>better gameplay

Attached: 1658455656374469.png (524x474, 325.88K)

Elden Ring came out and killed every other open world game released on the same semester

Attached: 1658668453400486.png (500x375, 187.17K)

DL2 proves techland has always been hacks and DL1 was a fluke. They have no idea why people liked that game.

Fired Avellone

I don't think I've ever played a game with a more unlikable cast
I hated everyone and I wanted them all to die. I find it so weird that they somehow made the oppressive police force way more likable but they act like they are the bad guys.

Attached: ELuH1buXYAAHCGB.jpg (1334x750, 64.19K)

>bro look how hard I can pee

>updates it for 7 years with generally liked content and events
>fucks it all up for their sequel
Fucking how even

Attached: 5hjt5lzayct41.jpg (640x360, 16.64K)

>Hire writer to write story
>Throw it all in the trash and start from scratch, faction system does nothing but minor quests and gives skills
>Final boss is a capeshit fight without the greenscreen with a man who dodges projectiles like it's the matrix and throws out shockwaves while you both jump 30 feet like wire-fu
>Ending amounts to do you let sis die or live, letting the girl sacrifice her self does nothing as she gets casually saved anyway lol and blowing the city amounts to nothing anyway considering there is still a postgame

less zombies and shittier writing than the first

Witcher 3 mind broke techland CEO. According to the reports he became obsessed with CDPR and decided to one up them because there could be one top gaming company in Poland. He micromanaged everything and anyone who's not a yesman was fired.

Attached: 1658710760285.jpg (2544x4000, 865.36K)

because year of our lord 2022 and following the "doom 2" style of sequels still escapes the industry.

>Throw it all in the trash and start from scratch
It wasn't started from scratch, his shit writing is all over this game until the halfway point

>More parkour abilities
>More weapons
>Better level design

Attached: 2_of_them.jpg (2048x2048, 811.01K)

I heard that game is 2/3 finished and just abruptly ends with shit rushed nonsensical endings.

>worse physics
>worse feedback for combat
>can't throw weapons
>weightless parkour

Attached: 1658455136442534.png (546x626, 570.71K)

Proof that the original was only good by accident. They had no idea what they were doing the whole time, to the point where their answer to the story was "uhhh I dunno. Let's blow everything up and make a new one". So you lost a great setting, a great character, and a totally salvageable story that was also solid at its foundation. So now we have something that's mechanically similar but has no soul.

Dying light 2 is a marvel.

its one of the few sequels thats almost completely objectively worse than its predecessor in every way except graphics.

there isn't a single thing about it better than the first, its baffling.

>how?
>how?
>You can actually
>I actually half agree the parkour feels a bit floaty, but it still doesn't change the fact the level design actually complements the parkour now instead of having you run across a barren landscape of fucking nothing for 80% of the game

>there isn't a single thing about it better than the first
Grappling hook and glider are better than the first. So is the city map.

>game has a risk reward system with the Dark Zone dungeons that are supposedly risky, but full of good shit.

>its irrelevant because you'll be so stuffed to the gills with reagents that it doesn't fucking matter one bit.

the concept of rarity is lost on the dev's, none of the shit is rare, you are bloated with a billion crafting knick-nacks no matter what you do.

Its actually almost impressive how they managed it.
I also have to give it credit for having even worse key-bindings as well, whoever thought making the paraglider auto-bind to Z deserves a bullet in his brain.

It's a tranny game

I'm not explaining it to you retard look up YouTube videos showing comparisons, there's plenty

Bullshit, Avellon is the best writer in the industry. They clearly axed everything he wrote. Explain.

>They clearly axed everything he wrote
No they didn't. Play the fucking game. His fingerprints are all over it until the halfway point where it becomes extremely generic. Up until that point it's like a chink ripoff of New Vegas because Avellone doesn't have a single original idea in his brain anymore.