Is VR worth it yet?

Is VR worth it yet?

Attached: vr.png (478x379, 148.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/u8vl5u.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, but for social media and physical fitness. Wear wrist weights. Avatar in, “person” to your family.
Plug the usb cables firmly into the usb ports. Push hard too.

For fps yes. Can't go backwards to flat again. Is a game changer. Evenif the graphics are shit it's better to do fps in vr in vr than 4k flat

It's all about the games
come on Any Forums, show me a list of vr games to convince me vr is worth
The only game I can think of is Half Life Alyx

Attached: 1627518041416.jpg (2170x1440, 790.11K)

Pavlov VR.

I'm getting a new computer in a few days and was thinking of getting a VR headset.
What's a decent one under 500 bucks?

I barely used my index in the 2 years Ive had it. I use my quest 2 every single day. airlink is flawless if you use a dedicated cheap router and wireless alone makes a huge difference. RE4 is one of the best vr games behind only Alyx and is quest exclusive.
that being said you might want to wait for the valve Deckard which will probably be standalone like the quest and cambria. Being able to multitask android apps on the Q2 is nice too. I'll have lichess and newpipe up while using a browser to chill online a lot of the time.

quest 2 is the best headset and is $300, use the extra to get a dedicated router and battery pack.

Timmy Tencent botnet anticheat

Sounds good, does it require a facebook account or something like that?

Excerpts from my library:

After the Fall - VR left 4 dead with customizable weapon attachments
Arizona Sunshine - zombie shooting gallery, same devs as After the Fall but from ~2016, pretty dated but still fun for introducing people to VR and you can get it cheap
Beat Saber - obviously
BONEWORKS - lots of environment interaction, especially with index controllers, not really my kind of thing though, a bit too tech-demo
Dead Effect 2 VR - Dead space 2 style VR FPS
Eleven Table Tennis - ping pong, active online multiplayer community
I expect you to die - puzzle/escape room style game, singleplayer
Keep talking and nobody explodes - puzzle game with asymmetric local multiplayer, one person in VR has to defuse a bomb by describing its appearance to players outside VR, who have a printed manual explaining how to solve its various puzzles
Kayak VR: Mirage - it's kayaking, in VR. relaxing and good for introducing new/older people. much cooler than google earth imo. (also honorable mention to google earth)
Legendary Tales - Diablo style dungeon crawl with online co-op, early access and still needs a lot of work but has great potential
Onward - 5v5 team FPS, apparently got a downgrade to run on oculus but i don't know the details, still bretty gud
Propogation VR - f2p zombie shooting gallery, short and simple but well polished
Racket: NX - Racquetball meets arkanoid, also has online multi
Rez Infinite - the classic
Tetris Effect - also neat
Serious Sam 1,2,3,Last Hope - serious sam in VR, it's great
Star Trek Bridge Crew - who say's there's no good ST games
Superhot VR - pirate the uncensored version
Talos Principle VR - another puzzle game
Until You Fall - melee combat quasi-rhythm game with neon aesthetic
Vox Machinae - everything 8 year old me imagined mechwarrior would be when I grew up
VTOL VR - best VR flight sim i've tried so far
Walkabout Minigolf - it's minigolf. the courses are always perfect and you never have to wait for assholes to play through.

RE4
VTOL
Ancient Dungeon
Myst
Robo Recall
Phantom Covert Ops
Superhot
Star Wars Tales from the Galaxy's Edge (is actually really good despite looking dumb at first)
Demeo
BlazeRush
V Speedway
F1 2022
Adobe Medium Beta
Walkabout
Gravity Sketch
Iron Wolf
Iron Rebellion
Vox Machinae
VR Chat (even just exploring game level recreations solo instead of "chatting", theres some cool shit.)
Asgard's Wrath
Moss
Moss 2 (just came out today)
Mothergunship Forge
Pistol Whip
Saints and Sinners
Blade and Sorcery
Lone Echo
Eleven Table Tennis
Zenith
Espire-1
Alvo
Ultrawings 2
After the fall
Resist
Quake 3
Doom 3
RTCW
HL1
Brutal Doom/Ashes 2063
Wind Waker
Dirt Rally 2.0
Automobilista
Assetto Corsa

yes but they're replacing the facebook account requirement with meta accounts in august

not anymore, it requires you to make an oculus account tho

hit character limit but a couple more worth mentioning:

Walking Dead Saints and Sinners - probably the closest thing so far to a farhenheit 451 style video-drama

every flight/racing sim on the market basically - VR is a huge improvement to racing sims for me, but they will require a particularly beefy computer and additional hardware (wheel, pedals, etc). if you can manage the framerate through, the sense of depth you get from VR makes overtaking and cornering in racing sims REALLY cool. kinda disconcerting not being able to see your hands IRL though.

there's also VR mods for various games. pretty sure someone is making a mod for the new RE Engine games but hasn't released it yet.

Into The Radius

Attached: Radius_-_Warning_sign.jpg (845x1201, 1.1M)

I bought and played Walkabout Mini Golf for almost 5h straight today. And I have seen like 1/4 of the courses.
Great game.

assetto corsa has hand tracking with quest 2 now so you can see your real hands on the wheel

I would say yes, but the future is pretty dim. There's a handful of the best experiences you can get with video games, but very little on the horizon.

Literally the least played title in my library. Why are all you shills so supportive of alyx all the time

Does it still requires wheel?

You have any recommendations for weights by chance?

HLA is the only AAA game made for VR
every other game is either indie or an adaptation of a non VR game

Don't remember the name but there's a resistance band vest thing that's probably less detrimental for your joints n shit and a harder workout

Since when does Any Forums like AAA

bonechads

Attached: 1654383525830.png (588x140, 30.07K)

files.catbox.moe/u8vl5u.mp4