Tales of thread

I really enjoyed arise, 100% it at like 80 hours. I want to replay it soon.
Anyway, where do you hope the next tales of goes from here?

Attached: 93108738_p0.jpg (2298x1652, 971.33K)

Bumpigger

Attached: 1632424647139m.jpg (616x1024, 86.03K)

it was nice to see an older couple, and shionne starts dropping spaghetti for him early.
arise is the best when it comes to behind-the-ass-camera tales combat, but for traditional tales you want symphonia/abyss/vesperia.
symphonia especially stands out when it comes to the journey and content.

Attached: 1405461913167.jpg (1500x972, 543.41K)

I want multiplayer back. Still can't believe Arise didn't have it, it's been a series staple since the 2nd game in the series.

Away from Dark Souls/Ys and back towards Tales.

Arise was more of a FF than those.

I haven't played any FFs past the 13 series so I don't know how the new ones play. Party Ys is a pretty apt comparison to Arise.

Arise was alright, its story just didnt grab me enough. I don't know if I'm just burnt out from the formula or not, but none of the tales games have come close to abyss or symphonia for me. Vesperia is probably objectively the best but its 3rd for me.

Attached: E9JZGHXVgAomC5X.png (600x769, 688.56K)

Is it weird this one is probably my personal favourite? I didn’t even like the first all that much

Attached: ToX2-Box-Art-JP.jpg (843x978, 248.97K)

At least it was just a straightforward fantasy romance story instead of the clusterfuck xillia was.

Not really. The side quest system and environment design is soulless as fuck but everything else about it is good.
Until you get to Lenegis.

It's not my favorite overall but goddamn it's gameplay is so much fun

I think it would be nice to get a LMBS style game back. Its been long enough that with a few quirks added it could be fresh. If they want to implement a simple Stagger system, thats finem but the way you had to break enemy guards with attacks to do any damage in rise was tiresome towards the end.
The environments were the best in Tales history in Arise, that should stay. I think Sakuraba should share composing duties with more people, maybe 3 or 4 other composers. I'd love to hear tunes from some fresh blood and from other industry veterans, like Yuzo Koshiro who is my personal "out of left field" pick.

Attached: archeswim.png (740x1038, 144.09K)

All you need to do damage in Arise at the end is an accessory with 4x +15% damage to an element. It turns in the game into braindead spamming though.

>Until you get to Lenegis.
Legendis is very straightforward too. It's just a TLDR of what could've been a far better story but it's not a clusterfuck of any kind.

>it's just a TLDR
TLDRs are supposed to be short, that's their whole point. Lenegis and onwards is hours of plot dumping capped off by the writers accidentally writing themselves into a corner and having to shove an asspull in at the end. It is every definition of the word clusterfuck.

Nah, not really.

An LMBS game would be great. Tales of Eternia-ish fighting system, the polish of Destiny remake and a slightly less cliche story would be very enjoyable

probably the worst game in the series imo
like 10% of the game is new content slapped onto xillia 1 with a new story
protag is mute unless you new game+
combat is completely busted and chromatus is anti-multiplayer

Attached: 1409954959969.png (954x532, 780.19K)

MARRY
AND
REPRODUCE

Attached: 1639027070018.jpg (300x229, 7.21K)

>I really enjoyed Arise

Well I'm sorry to hear that, you should consider therapy.