Do you know?

do you know?

Attached: vidya.jpg (1077x716, 192.46K)

Loaded question. Dread is pretty good, but not great imo. It did a lot of things right, but some things it fumbled. Best 2D bosses in the series though.

>Best 2D
dread isn't 2D it is an side scrolling platformer

The Spaniards can't into Metroid. Returns was shit, too.

Don;t have a cow man

What an awful thread.

Both were great. I recently emulated SR in Citra and was surprised at how good it was when I only ever see anons like yourself say its terrible.

Get some taste

i bought Returns on release and bounced off 2 separate times, still haven't finished it

It was great, it's just that the last time a 2D Metroid came out was almost 20 years ago and you were 20 years younger when you played it, just like every Nintendo property. No, Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion were not these 11/10 incredible genre-defying masterpieces, you were 12 or some shit playing a GBA. The fact that they managed to make a Metroid game that could hold my attention in 2022 is an incredible feat. If Nintendo proper made it I'm sure that it would have an hour long tutorial and lots of unskippable cutscenes/dialogue, as well as a baby mode

Yes that's what a 2D game is just ask the Sonicfags they would know better than you would.

dread is WAY better than fusion

60 dollars is too much for a handheld vidya, i borrowed Fusion and loved it

Sonicfag here, it's definitely 2D.

I tried playing Samus Returns but it really didn't feel good to play on my vanilla 3DS.

I hate movie games and blatant cinematic pandering, but when you get rid of that filth, Dread isn't that bad.

>inb4 dude that looks heckin awesome
hah, and they said Any Forums doesn't love Other M.

Attached: 1635655800797.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

Bosses are dog shit, just like they were in Returns. Parrying mechanic is less hamfisted in than Returns did, but still a pain. The EMMY's suck ass. They get a little play pen that locks you in, they can just detect you if they want. The invisibility power is next to worthless. Run two screens away and go invisible and hide on a ceiling and the EMMY will still just walk right up and jump into you. Why do all the bosses have SO MUCH HP?! Why did they lean so hard into shine sparking for some of the power ups and still will not give advanced technique tutorials, and instead you just have to know that you can wall jump while shine sparking to extend the timer by 0.x miliseconds so you can move through two zig-zags and around a bend to shine spark up for a +5 missile...

I actually like the shinespark parkor, and the fact that they never even tell you about it just means that it makes you want to experiment. Very refreshing for a change, but I can see why someone wouldn't like it.

surprised it took this long for someone to tear this piece of shit game apart, i guess Any Forums really is a bunch of consoomers

nintendies will eat anything shit out onto their plate

I thought it was fine desu. People want a Super Metroid 2 with all the sequence breaks and tech hardwired in, not realising that Super Metroid was more of a happy mistake than a closely tested and designed game

It isn't