ITT: Games that are masterpieces that aren't usually called masterpieces

ITT: Games that are masterpieces that aren't usually called masterpieces

Attached: crazy taxi.jpg (1280x720, 147.01K)

Attached: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (269x370, 103.69K)

it's a decent arcade game but that's it

yes and it's a masterpiece of an arcade game

that's an incredibly low bar to set

Metal Slug Anthology

It's as if GTA only has the Taxi minigame. Wow, riveting.

Love Crazy Taxi but performing most of the stunts is a fucking bitch, even the Crazy Boost feels like an autism litmus test.

>SIMPLE GAME BAD

Yes

it's pretty much entirely dependent on whether or not the machine is taken care of

on console with a controller I think it was actually too easy, didn't feel cool like when you do it on the machine

Rez Infinite
Donkey Kong '94
DragonBall Advanced Adventure
SSX3
3D Afterburner II

This mentality has negatively affected the industry. I'm not jaded enough to think games aren't good anymore but the major trends have morphed around the idea that a simple but incredibly polished game that is quick but very replayable isn't worth your time.

Attached: 1658312968730870.png (500x487, 228.51K)

Crazy Taxi is neither polished nor replayable

yes it is

>DragonBall Advanced Adventure
based

It's not polished, and the full game is like a demo for some other game.
It's fun for the first few times you switch it on, but there is hardly any game there. Should have stayed as an arcade machine.

it is not very replayable, in fact it get's boring real quick when you don't have to count your quarters

Crazy Taxi was insanely fun despite being shit on paper. Only 2 levels (1 on older versions), only like 2 songs by the same band and no other modes. Crazy box or what it's called is fun and unlocking the special cab takes a bit of effort but that's it. Almost no content and very repetitive. Yet very fun for an hour.
What I would've liked the most is an endless mode without timer. I always just wanted to cruise around and explore and rack up huge scores without end.

FUCKING SOUL
KINOGRAPHIC
THEY DON'T MAKE EM LIKE THEY USED TO
FUN FUN FUN LIKE ACTUAL FUN, LIKE THERE'S A METER THAT TRACKS HOW FUN YOU'RE DRIVING
GREAT MUSIC

Crazy Taxi 3 is better in every way

doesn't get a fraction of the praise it deserves

Attached: oddkino.jpg (3264x2457, 3.49M)

never played 2 or 3 desu I mostly only played it in the arcade

>Yes

Attached: 8fa.jpg (620x675, 44.36K)

Playing hydrothunder at the local Pizza Hut is a core childhood memory for me

Yes

God I love oddworld. I still haven't bought soul storm but from what I've seen and heard that's probably for the best. Only reason I'm even considering is because Lanning was part of the team.

Hitman : Absolution
it filtered MILLIONS