Wasted opportunity

Why did they choose to slowly role out older expansions rather than try the classic+ route?

Classic World of Warcraft with content updates that matched the design principles of classic world of Warcraft. We will never get a chance to explore all of the classic WoW that could have been.

>Azshara and Hyjal as envisioned in classic WoW
>Classic Emerald Dream
>Classic South Seas
>Northrend in a classic style

It just feels like we missed out on the vanilla WoW that could have been.

Attached: ダウンロード (2).jpg (318x159, 9.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R0MlBEmM-io&ab_channel=ZebJackson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man you really don't want that you think the staff currently working at blizzard would even be capable of that.

Because NuBlizz are a bunch of lazy, untalented hacks

They literally cant and they know that. They cant even make the current target audience even close to happy, how the fuck are they gonna please actual neckbeards who are doggedly critical of what they consume?

>Why did they choose to slowly role out older expansions rather than try the classic+ route?
The same reason they intentionally sabotaged it at every opportunity while paying streamers to say it's shit. Shareholders on average are not retarded. If the public perception stays that the old version is shit, but your subscription number keeps going up, and those numbers are shared between the old and the new version of the game, you can keep grooming children while also making billions.

If they made beloved changes to classic wow, they'd have to fire the trannies and admit they'd spent over a decade intentionally destroying the game.

Even though blizzard makes gazillions on a monthly basis, they would never stoop so low as to give us something as nice as that. Thag would be a generous and nice thing for them go do for us gamers, after all.

Deep down I knew that.

I'm not even opposed to having new classes etc in a classic + setting.
Classic WoW was good because all of the content in the world was relevant in some way or another.
Everything in classic was there because it was a fun idea. It didn't have basis in a predictable design formula.
All they had to do was continue to put shit in classic that sounded fun.

Vertical progression has destroyed WoW since Burning Crusade.
BC functionally deleted all vanilla content except for leveling, WotLK then did the same to Outland. In recent times this has accelerated to the patch level, every content update invalidating the one that came before it. There are almost twenty years and half a terabyte of content in the game and just a sliver of it is relevant at any one time.

And all you had to do was stop paying them. Classic+ will exist in a meaningful form some day, but not on blizzard servers. In the meantime, don't pay them a fucking dime, ever.

Tell me what the design principles of classic are

>Debate me on Any Forums
Eat cum, troglodyte. Nobody is responding to a nine word bait post with a masters thesis on game design. Just say you like nu-wow so we can laugh at you.

come home classic player

Attached: tw.png (600x620, 332.13K)

Holy seethe
Classic being a gdkp hell scape really must have done a number on boomers who spent years convinced it was a flawless masterpiece

fresh wotlk is coming, ill just have a look at that and hope blizz bans bots much faster than average
if not ill just stop playing again
goldbuyers are the absolute worst

And the bait has exposed itself as an empty hook. You should shoot yourself. That's not my personal opinion, it's the opinion of anyone who has ever interacted with you.

Fucking do it.

It's not bait you seething boomer
Name the design principles of classic. It should be easy right?

I don't know. That's a hard question.

A few points I can think of are:

Not necessarily balanced
Items often have unusual and completely unique skills
Not everything is complete out of the box, sometimes things lead to dead ends while the content is made.
Everything in the world is relevant to in some way shape or form. High level recipes sometimes require low level reagents
Not everyone can have everything either though luck or exceptional persistence
Systems do not fit into categories, sometimes they are completely unique one-off things
Players must cooperate out of necessity, not due to some arbitrary minimum player count on content
An item is an item. There is no random warforging bullshit.

>Wrath classic
Wow I love the 4th release of Naxx so good!!!

>GIVE ME A COLLEGE COURSE SO THAT I CAN IGNORE EVERY WORD OF IT AND INADVERTENTLY ADMIT I'M A TRANS FURRY!!!
Alternatively, just fucking kill yourself.You will never be worth more than a moment of laughter. You are kike-food.

You will never have this in all its glory

youtube.com/watch?v=R0MlBEmM-io&ab_channel=ZebJackson

>Not necessarily balanced
In retail
>Items often have unusual and completely unique skills
In retail
>Not everything is complete out of the box, sometimes things lead to dead ends while the content is made.
In retail
>Everything in the world is relevant to in some way shape or form
Absolutely not true. The fact that people dungeon cleaved to cap and weren't gimped at all is proof enough.
>Not everyone can have everything either though luck or exceptional persistence
What? Is this about literally just scarab lord? Which people still coordinated on classic to get many many more of on some servers. Also in retail. Everyone can't get r1 glad or Keystone glad because they're percentile based
>Systems do not fit into categories, sometimes they are completely unique one-off things
Example?
>Players must cooperate out of necessity, not due to some arbitrary minimum player count on content
In retail. Or did you think that you physically can't start a raid with less than 20 people? Because that's not the case
>An item is an item. There is no random warforging bullshit.
Not only are there random prefixes in classic, but warforging isn't in retail anymore.

At least you made an attempt? Even if almost everything was wrong.

>Why did they choose to slowly role out older expansions rather than try the classic+ route?
1. It's a fuckload more effort to make new content
2. The amount of people who want to see Classic+ is much lower than those who want to see TBC, WotLK, MoP
3. The amount of people who think nu-blizzard can make good classic+ content is vanishingly small

It must be something to know you would lose an argument before it even began, but this kind of asshurt is just painful to watch

Nobody wants TBC+ lmao. The nostalgia has dried up completely after classic.

why are you here? go play retail and stop seething about classic then
lmao

I'm checking this out now.

What's the catch? It looks like exactly what I want.

>why are you here
To keep retards in check
Take this as a learning experience and strive to be less retarded in the future so I won't need to correct you

>This game has completely deviated from it's original design principles.
>Please tell me the original design principles.
A fair question, if you aren't asking it in bad faith. I couldn't help but spot the nu-wow tranny however, and you immediately exposed yourself. That is not my fault, nor is it my problem. I am not giving you a fucking masters thesis on game design that made wow a 12 million player game so that you can call me a 'boomer convinced it's a flawless masterpiece' when 80% of the playerbase is now in East Asia and the sub numbers are still at an all-time low. I hope you join the 41% tomorrow, and so do your parents. Eat a bullet.

ill never get retards like you that hate on a game they dont actually play
stick to new-wow and be happy, im having fun with classic and never intent to play retail bec im not a furry