Why was Minish Cap so bad?

Why was Minish Cap so bad?

Attached: TLoZ_Worldwide_Sales.png (1365x928, 134.27K)

>Low Sales = Bad
How many times do we have to go through this?

Minish Cap is good, and a nice sendoff to fans of LA and the Oracle games.

Attached: 1638650636684.png (250x320, 61.21K)

why do these sales charts never control for player populations? we've got almost 8 billion people on the planet now. when the first zelda came out there were less than 5 and gaming was much more niche

It wasn't bad, just mediocre and rather unremarkable.
Now watch people say it is actually underrated and the greatest Zelda ever, because it happens to be the one they played as a kid.

Because the Zelda fanbase can't see a good game if it's right up to their face.

its my favorite
minish woods theme is peak zelda music

>make game open world
>HURR DURR GOTTA BUY THE OPEN WORLD GAME, OPEN WORLD IS AMAZING, JUST LIKE THE WITCHER AND SKYRIM

i hate normies so fucking much

zelda games suck

I bought it when it came out. It's on GBA so it's not very well know to begin with. I don't remember it being advertised either, compared to 4 Swords for example where I remember seeing ads in magazines.
I don't see 4 Swords on your chart. I owned it too but I never finished this one, because it wasn't very good.

reminder that the first zelda is open world

Tetris is one of the best selling games ever.

here's how the next decade of zelda will play out

Attached: zelda prediction.png (1690x1076, 120.34K)

Okay but, what if Zelda was a horse?

Attached: 1643298989402.png (1435x1046, 815.32K)

>Thinking we will ever get a traditional Zeld ever again.
It's time to move on user.

Attached: 1644564229845.jpg (1205x697, 96.68K)

got minish cap for free but it is still my favorite zelda game

Why does it matter that You got it for free?

so it does not count as a sell I guess

Minish cap sold terribly because it had the same art style as 4sords

It's some nonsensical faux-Engrish title, that's why.
It's not a word.
It's not in a dictionary.
Majora is at least clearly the name of a character, an important character, the villain. It also helps that it starts with the same sound as the second word in the title.
If I'm marketing to a Japanese audience and I have a game named "Ninja Crash" and I translate it to Japanese for official localization, but I don't just break it into stilted hiragana that don't go together in that order, I actually go out of my way to combine random elements into characters that do not exist in hiragana but "look Japanese", how many sales do you think I'll get compared to just machine translating it or, god forbid, paying a native writer $50 to give me a good name based on the English name?

3 billion more niggers in the world doesn't change game sales.

thanks to the mobile port