Black ops 3

is Blops 3 worth it for the campaign? it's only 14 quid at the moment.

Attached: blops.png (959x503, 685.87K)

Yes, the campaign is really good.

anons like to shit on cod and bo3 isn't perfect but it's a lot of game for the money and if you like the shizo plot going completely off the rails it'll be a good time
there's also a nightmare campaign that has you replay each level out of order with a new voice over telling a different story about zombies and the levels get repopulated with zombies and stuff
you can play it coop too if you have friends
there's also some light character customization and both male/female voices which adds a bit of variety to it
bo3 makes me sad that bo4 went full multiplayer and ditched the campaign for short 2 minutes videos tied to beating multiplayer games and bot matches

>renting games for SP
Do Steamies really?

I played the campaign of the first BLOPS but not the second
can I just jump into 3 or will I not understand anything of whats going on?
is the second one on sale too?

no only worth it for zombies campaign sucks and multiplayer is dead or only hackers

3 isn't conneted to 1 & 2.

Well it is sort of, as in set in the same universe but many years later.

blops 2 continues the story from blops 1 and starts to take it in a more modern/sci-fi directions while still retaining the characters from blops 1 and there's a lot more points where the player makes choices in blops 2 that change how the game ends up playing out. missions will allow alt routes, characters getting killed at different points or living based on your actions

blops 3 is much further into the future and so far removed from blops 1 and 2 that it really doesn't share anything major with either of the games that came before it which is a good thing if you just want a self contained story or bad if you wanted more of the characters of mason / woods and that cast. of course there will be a few easter egg type references you may miss but the bulk of blops 3 is new stuff and just has similar feels/themes to the earlier games with the player questioning who is really in control and what does all this cryptic stuff the characters are saying really mean
guess i don't wanna go too far into spoiler territory but it's the type of twist a lot of anons joke about on here as being bad
i really liked it though but i guess you might be able to figure that out by my post

is Blops 2 on sale as well?
I might just snag both and go for super comfy singleplayer times

What about blops4

>is Blops 3 worth it for the campaign?
bo3 is a zombies machine. thats the only reason why anyone would buy it

Attached: 1644532286303.png (323x356, 127.21K)

If you like Call of Duty. From what i remember you have some cybernetic upgrades to unlock so it has some depth. There is lot of robots to shot in it.

Black Ops 1 was the last good cod campaign, all the futuristic shit is giga gay

blops 3 is basically left 4 dead but with cod engine

what i mean the game is still alive because the steam workshop just like left 4 dead 2

like i mentioned in blops 4 pretty much ditches any form of single player campaign and what it gives people is short videos about the MULTIPLAYER hero characters from blops 3 who weren't even a part of the blops 3 campaign beyond a minor mention or two and references to things from the story
they only had short bios in blops 3 to sorta set the stage for why they existed and blops 4 tried to expand that with these short videos but it's trash because you essentially play bot matches on multiplayer maps in blops 4 and then get a video after it's over and that's it
there's no true campaign
blops 4 leaned heavily into expanding the multiplayer hero units and also heavily into the battle royale craze so that's where the efforts of the game ended up, blops 4 BR isn't really alive anymore due to cod warzone swallowing all the cod games that came after and integrating them all into one big BR leaving blops 4 to die essentially as some sorta weird multiplayer only experiment
i would avoid blops 4 at all costs unless you absolutely want every ounce of cod you can injest and have played every other cod game before spending a dime on that one
if you end up playing blops 1-3 just skip 4 and get blops cold war as it's much closer to a traditional blops game with a full story though it's very much it's own game that doesn't really require you to play 1-3 to get full enjoyment

i enjoyed it, the v/o was good and the blops unreliable narrator gimmick was done in a fresh way. especially the ending where the mc is reciting the frozen forest manta in three different ways, i genuinely liked that. but also i pirated it so ymmv

The edgy 2deep4u campaign was baller

Totally worth it, especially if you have a friend to go through the campaign with

which one is the standard game?

Attached: Capture.png (649x503, 99.74K)

I thought the campaign in terms of actually playing it was okay. The narrative I have a huge issue with that I can't describe without spoiling it, the little spoiler is at no point other than 2 obscure details does the game make clear you are not seeing the truth, like yes it obvious it's 'not real' at points but it never provides a rosetta stone so to speak outside of the pre-mission text which when decoded explain fucking everything. So in order to understand the narrative you literally need to do a "BO3 explained" google search.

The more detailed explanation is that being after the first mission nothing you are seeing is what actually happened, well it did happen but to different characters but not (you) since you're dead and (you) are perceiving someone else's life as you die at the same time as viewing the person whose memories you're shifting through as the villain for some reason. So (you) are playing as a dying (you) who is watching the memories of (guy1) but (you) see (guy1) as the villain in his own memories when in the UNSEE REALITY (guy1) is hunting down an unseen (guy2). It's just a needlessly convoluted plot that they don't explain, which is weird given in function it's pretty much the same reveal as BO1 with the Mason/Reznov twist.

If you're playing it for zombies though go ahead, play BO1+2 on plutonium for those zombies releases for free and then BO3 with it's maps, custom maps, and even the remakes are a great package.

Attached: 1635303718299.png (936x674, 472.73K)

if i'm remember right the middle one is the full base game + some of the extra zombie content which was remasteres of world at war zombie maps and previous blops zombie maps and the bottom one is the base game + the extra zombie content + the season pass which has both multiplayer and zombie DLC
blops 3 was weird because it had a 2nd zombie only season pass which was the zombie chronicles pack
if you want the full zombie experience with all the zombie maps i believe you need to get the bottom expensive version which has everything included

if you just want to play the standard game story and don't care about all the zombie stuff get the middle one and then you can always buy the season pass later if you decide you want all the season pass zombie maps that originally were created to flesh out the zombie storyline
those chronicle maps were just remasteres

14.84 is the one you want.

the zombies chronicles one, the naming scheme is so fucking stupid and obtuse

>is Blops 3 worth it for the campaign?
No. The only thing I remember from it is literally just one quote and it's only because they repeated it like 20 times in one mission.