S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Thread

Gog has this series on sale, and I'm kinda iffy on buying it. I love post-apocalyptic stuff, and I love shooters. But I am a big wuss for things like jumpscares. Is it worth playing for me, or is it just too scary?

Attached: 175140-video_games-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.jpg (1600x1200, 514.45K)

stalker is from 2007 and this board has discussed its merits for over a decade. go away you fucking zoomer

Do you find modern Fallouts scary?

Why do you always make such dumbfucking posts instead of simple "stalker thread. discuss" ?
>But I am a big wuss for things like jumpscares. Is it worth playing for me, or is it just too scary?
Are you 10 years old or what

First of all, STALKER games are not horror games, nor linear games in general. They are essentially the prototype "survival shooters" as we know them today, with numerous immersim / CRPG-like elements.

That being said, because of their open-ended and dynamic nature, they CAN be scarier than some "real" horror games.

But seriously faggot, STALKERs are must-play. They are not only some of THE biggest PC exclusives, but the most Any Forums-core vidya in general.
Here's the newb guide to get ya started.

Attached: stalker guide v1,42.png (1536x1250, 1.1M)

>STALKER games are not horror games, nor linear games in general. They are essentially the prototype "survival shooters" as we know them today, with numerous immersim / CRPG-like elements.
This post is brought to you by fartsniffing retards inc. also known for such statements such as: DOOM is a puzzle game or Ninja Gayden 2 is a survival game

The fuck are you babbling about, retard? Forgot your meds today or something?

Holy buzzwords, Batman!

You tell me
>They are essentially the prototype "survival shooters" as we know them today, with numerous immersim / CRPG-like elements.
Maybe stop sniffing your own farts, trying to make stalker sound """""smart""""""

1. Meds. Now.
2. Autistic screeching =/= argument.
STALKER literally has everything I described.

You got weight limited inventory, various armor and weapons with tweaks and upgrade trees, multiple ammo types, equipment wearing mechanism, hunger system, time of day mechanism, multiple factions and relationship systems, trading mechanism, side- and main-quests with various possible outcomes, multiple endings, bullet physics...

I don't know what kind of FortNite era BIebbitor could even try to argue against STALKER's mountain of features and obvious inspiration.

Attached: 1472134248134.jpg (604x520, 52.55K)

It's not scary, there's creepy ambiance but it's not that bad.
Get the repack from the general.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU HAVE TO HAVE PLAYED THE GAME WHEN IT JUST CAME OUT, OTHERWISE YOU'RE NOT A REAL GAMERINO!!!!!

Maybe because I had a question that I wanted answered.
>10 years old
Nope, I've just found that horror games aren't really my thing, and none of my friends have played this so I can't ask for their opinions.

>weapons with tweaks and upgrade trees,
Non of this is present in Soc. Die
>equipment wearing mechanism,
What kind of esl fuckery am I trying to decipher here?
>hunger system
Which doesn't matter in Soc. You only need to worry about it if red icon appears
>time of day mechanism,
Once again, doesn't matter.
>multiple factions and relationship systems,
>2 factions which contribute literally to nothing except denying main hub in soc
Ok retard
>side- and main-quests with various possible outcom
Ah yes, a famous bring me 5 boar legs sidequest from Sidorovich with multiple outcomes
>bullet physics...
LOOOOOLLL
>STALKER's mountain of features
>90 of which doesn't function properly
Die

It’s a literal passion project made by a handful of ukrainians, just so they could for a moment forget that they are, in fact, ukrainians. All of these “great” features are either afterthoughts or autismo preferences by the designers.

The "Horror" element is only present in the first title, Shadow of Chernobyl and it's only takes part in a small 10% of the whole game narrative.
The series is mainly a sandbox FPS/RPG (kinda, very subtle elements of RPG) but it's quite immersive in the sense that you are drawn to it pretty quickly and you can move around the maps to your likeness and feel like you're part of the universe, the Zone.
Highly recommended, the game is great with the essential fix patches done by the community called Reclamation Projects.
Zone Reclamation Project for Shadow of Chernobyl
Sky Reclamation Project for Clear Sky.
For Call of Pripyat the game it's properly fixed officially and it only needs a FOV mod for both free look and aiming FOV, nothing more than that.

Attached: yes and.jpg (127x189, 9.72K)

Nigger, stalker is mostly dumb fps with light rpg elements. There are a couple of scary moments in the first game and that's it. Most of the time you will just run and gun everything on sight, looting corpses and picking up artifacts for money/self buff

I'm only interested in this game now that my boy wendigoon is making a Stalker movie.

>sandbox
No. Soc is linear as fuck, except false/true endings . CS is sandboxy if you want to indulge in faction war but main questline is pretty linear
Only CoP is somewhat sandboxy from the start.

I tried playing stalker, but shooting mechanics filtered me. You have any advice?
Also I couldn't go through the tunnel with "electric" anomalies. I suck

>buying it
Big cringe, you would seriously support Ukranian developers?