The DS released just three years after the GBA...

The DS released just three years after the GBA. It felt like the GBA had so much longer of a lifespan than that at the time.

Attached: gbads.png (1315x390, 503.05K)

it really did feel like that. for me the gba era takes up such a huge portion of childhood memory. I am always blown away it was only 3 years.

what the fuck

You were younger then

that's because nobody actually bought a DS until the lite came out

I bought a DS the day it came out.
I didn't get my gba until about 6 months in.

I got a OG DS. Played the shit out of mario 64 ds

>2D games
vs
>3D games on 2 screens, resulting in 1.5D games

you are nobodies

I'm a true g
and your little bitch ass will never understand what it was like the sunday the DS launched.
mgs3 came out that week and I played through it as fast as I could to be ready for Sunday. then picked up the DS.
you won't understand what it was like to experience mgs3 and then the DS in the same weekend when they came out fresh.

he's right. ds lite was peak little brother energy. you're mad you were late to the party and got a gayer looking ds

Is there a portable console for gamers who hates Nintendo and hates Pokemon?

GBA games were being released well after the DS came out, that's probably why it feels that way

Because every day counted in those three years for you

Hell, they even released a new model of the GBA in 2005. The DS was kind of rushed to market and was pretty irrelevant for its first year or so.

PSP and Steam Deck if that counts.

>3 years
>go from grade school to middle school in that span
yeah no shit it seemed longer, your perception of time is warped
>covid is nearing 3 years
And yet it feels like nothing's happened at all, huh?

There is also the PS Vita

And games for the Original PSP would you recommend?

>i hate nintendo
>hate pokemon
>I hate fairies
>game without fairies
>anti-pokemon game on everything
>non-japanese video game
>anti-Nintendo video game

Wow finally learned something on this website. How were they able to keep both consoles up simultaneously?

DS had backwards compatibility with GBA games for a long time. It was pretty much an advanced GBA that had exclusive games to boot.

well the DS was almost completely backwards compatible with the GBA until the DSI so it wasn't really a concern to keep supporting GBA software with the DS on the market.

Nintendo wasn't even sure if the DS was going to be a success at first as well so they didn't want to scrap the GBA line entirely at the time.

Me too, it was the only game I had for like a year.

There used to be a lot of hate for it on Any Forums because it wasn't quite as good as the original but it blew my mind at the time to be playing a game on a handheld that I was playing on a console weeks prior.